FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   No more Al Mourjan access for upgrades with Qmiles/QCredits (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1876141-no-more-al-mourjan-access-upgrades-qmiles-qcredits.html)

Crisu69 Dec 5, 2017 11:51 pm

well, it really seems there is now only Al Mourjan access granted with a PAID ticket in business or first.

i have a flight in april 2018 which i upgraded about 3 weeks ago from economy to business with miles from Doha to EU. So i have now a business ticket out of doha which i upgraded in advance but If i check my bookings it shows me i have not access to al mourjan but can only buy access. :-(

delfindo Dec 6, 2017 4:39 am

Some booking below, with explanations as to lounge access - used QCredits/QPoints.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c955f22610.png

CNX-BEY using Q MILES, allowing AM but not AS even though DOH-BEY is in F. Believe this is an error.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2befab0367.png

AKL-BEY using Q MILES, allowing AM but not AS even though DOH-BEY is in F. Believe this is an error.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...0b2ebb782c.png

London to Auckland using Q CREDITS, allowing AM access
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...43dbce153e.png

CDG-CAN in F using Q MILES, allowing AS.

lost_in_translation Dec 6, 2017 10:17 am

The way the QR online system appears to work from experience is it looks at the first segment only on multi-segment outbound or return flights when calculating what your lounge access will be. So taking a CDG-BKK with CDG-DOH in F but DOH-BKK in J it will show Al Safwa access, whereas CDG-DOH in J and DOH-BKK in F will show Al Mourjan access only despite the lounge access rights being the same as long as both connections are under 8 hours.

pstation Dec 6, 2017 2:06 pm

interestingly as a plat in economy they sent me Al Mourjan because the OW lounges were crowded. I had my upgrade processed at the service desk in AM and on my boarding pass it reflects that I should only have access to the "business class" lounge

lifeonthego_k Dec 6, 2017 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Crisu69 (Post 29139856)
well, it really seems there is now only Al Mourjan access granted with a PAID ticket in business or first.

i have a flight in april 2018 which i upgraded about 3 weeks ago from economy to business with miles from Doha to EU. So i have now a business ticket out of doha which i upgraded in advance but If i check my bookings it shows me i have not access to al mourjan but can only buy access. :-(

Opposite for me. Used Qcredits to upgrade from Y to J for SIN-JFK and Qmiles to get a J award ticket outright for JFK-SIN in summer 2018. Website clearly shows I have access to AM lounge for both flights. I just flew CDG-DOH (in F) and DOH-SIN (in J) on an award ticket and was given access to AS lounge with no issues.

Crisu69 Dec 7, 2017 1:32 am

Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k (Post 29143483)
Opposite for me. Used Qcredits to upgrade from Y to J for SIN-JFK and Qmiles to get a J award ticket outright for JFK-SIN in summer 2018. Website clearly shows I have access to AM lounge for both flights. I just flew CDG-DOH (in F) and DOH-SIN (in J) on an award ticket and was given access to AS lounge with no issues.

interesting. maybe it is just a mistake in their computer system in my case because i arrive in economy from durban and connection flight is in business. will send a message to customer service and see what happen

Barolo72 Dec 7, 2017 5:02 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation (Post 29141477)
The way the QR online system appears to work from experience is it looks at the first segment only on multi-segment outbound or return flights when calculating what your lounge access will be. So taking a CDG-BKK with CDG-DOH in F but DOH-BKK in J it will show Al Safwa access, whereas CDG-DOH in J and DOH-BKK in F will show Al Mourjan access only despite the lounge access rights being the same as long as both connections are under 8 hours.

In my booking it doesn't apply. I have a BKK-DOH in F ( upgraded with Qcredit ) and a DOH-MXP in J. The system doesn't show me AS access only AM.

nilsfr69 Dec 7, 2017 6:03 am

Why in heavens name would they limit access to AS for people actually flying First?However they paid for it.
AS was dead empty compared to AM last time.
What could possibly the reason behind that?

lost_in_translation Dec 7, 2017 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Barolo72 (Post 29144900)
In my booking it doesn't apply. I have a BKK-DOH in F ( upgraded with Qcredit ) and a DOH-MXP in J. The system doesn't shom me AS access only AM.

I think the upgrade with Q-Credits is possibly the bit that's confused the system here and why it shows AM access only - I have a BKK-DOH F then DOH-LHR J booked at the moment (not upgraded with Q-Credits) and it shows AS access for me.

remdk Dec 7, 2017 8:41 am

lost_in_translation you apparently purchased BKK-DOH in F so you would have access in accordance with the rules stated in the Wiki on https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...unges-hia.html .
This thread is about lounge access with upgrades so you, accidentally, are confusing the issue. This thread is indeed very confusing as QR seem to be changing the access rules frequently at the moment.
Please do not take this as a criticism, it is not. Your posts are much appreciated. This post is purely to avoid further confusion.

makrom Dec 7, 2017 11:52 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation (Post 29145068)
I think the upgrade with Q-Credits is possibly the bit that's confused the system here and why it shows AM access only - I have a BKK-DOH F then DOH-LHR J booked at the moment (not upgraded with Q-Credits) and it shows AS access for me.

For what it's worth, I had a BKK-DOH-FRA C-ticket with BKK-DOH upgraded to F using Qcredits and I got access to AS (was displayed as included in manage my booking / buy lounge access).

mmkk Dec 7, 2017 2:34 pm

No problems to access to AS. Upgraded with QCredits. Used the elevator. Route DOH-BKK J-F.

Crisu69 Dec 11, 2017 12:09 am

Originally Posted by Crisu69 (Post 29139856)

Originally Posted by Crisu69 (Post 29144575)
interesting. maybe it is just a mistake in their computer system in my case because i arrive in economy from durban and connection flight is in business. will send a message to customer service and see what happen

OK, customer service confirmed to me by email i will have Al Mourjan access on my flight from Doha to EU with a business ticket which i upgraded in advance some weeks ago with miles.
In my mange my bookings it still shows no AM access. Can only buy.

AVIATORPJ Dec 11, 2017 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Crisu69 (Post 29159084)
OK, customer service confirmed to me by email i will have Al Mourjan access on my flight from Doha to EU with a business ticket which i upgraded in advance some weeks ago with miles.
In my mange my bookings it still shows no AM access. Can only buy.

Pleased if you could share by P/M with me QR customer service's confirmation on this. I'm in the same circumstance with a 3.5 hr transit in DOH arriving in H from OHS and leaving DOH for MEL in U, mid Feb 2018.

Crisu69 Dec 12, 2017 6:15 am

Today i could upgrade one more flight from BKK-Doha from business to first with miles. flight will be next month and connection flight is in J after ~2h layover

"Manage my booking" show me i will have Al Sawfa access!