FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   No more Al Mourjan access for upgrades with Qmiles/QCredits (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1876141-no-more-al-mourjan-access-upgrades-qmiles-qcredits.html)

lost_in_translation May 27, 2019 12:33 am

Originally Posted by subject2load (Post 31141745)

Agreed, this is seriously weird and a horribly misguided policy.

QR is an awesomely good airline ‘in the air’ and (for me, at least !) has always provided consistently excellent service.

But service on the ground matters a lot too. And that’s where QR makes some extremely poor decisions - driven by a skewed mindset that considers hard cash as the only priority, above all other (often, more important) factors.

I mean it doesn’t even make economic sense. I am currently sat on an EK flight out of BKK having only *ever* flown QR to BKK across about 10 trips over the last couple of years. Between the loss of the QR A380 and the gradual destruction of QRPC I think it’s the right decision. Even if I’m not directly affected by this decision it’s pretty symptomatic of a broader issue.

Flying Bosun May 27, 2019 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Jgp777 (Post 31141411)
Am transitting today, was told that from now onwards no Plat/OW Emerald with Y ticket to Al Mourjan. They will be directed to the Al Maha lounge if the First Lounge is full.

Silver and gold are sent to first if Al Maha is about to fill up. First can never ever be filled to capacity before Al Maha. Must be some kind of missunderstanding regarding where platinum will be sent:confused:

NoY May 27, 2019 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Traveller999 (Post 31141669)
I really would like to look into "their heads" to see what they are thinking when they implent such crazy rules....because I cannot imagine any "good" reason for that.

Oh no you wouldn't - it would be a hideous experience seeing what makes them, ahem, "tick"! LOL :D
Having lived/worked in the region for more than 9 years now - I still haven't figured out how such decisions get made & things ever get done....& I can't wait to "escape" for good...soon!

NoY May 27, 2019 1:56 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation (Post 31141756)
I mean it doesn’t even make economic sense. I am currently sat on an EK flight out of BKK having only *ever* flown QR to BKK across about 10 trips over the last couple of years. Between the loss of the QR A380 and the gradual destruction of QRPC I think it’s the right decision. Even if I’m not directly affected by this decision it’s pretty symptomatic of a broader issue.

Bang on right ^

NoY May 27, 2019 1:58 am

Originally Posted by Flying Bosun (Post 31141811)
Silver and gold are sent to first if Al Maha is about to fill up. First can never ever be filled to capacity before Al Maha. Must be some kind of missunderstanding regarding where platinum will be sent:confused:

No, I suspect you confuse First Lounge (Plat/OWE) & A Safwa. They have been known to use Al Maha if First Lounge is full (not Al Safwa)

Flying Bosun May 27, 2019 4:02 am

Originally Posted by NoY (Post 31141868)
No, I suspect you confuse First Lounge (Plat/OWE) & A Safwa. They have been known to use Al Maha if First Lounge is full (not Al Safwa)

Thanks! I was mixing up the Business Class lounge, left to the first class lounge for beeing named Al Maha.

ms101 May 27, 2019 5:04 am

Originally Posted by purple1addict (Post 31140117)

Yes, it does. Sadly.

thanks! i've jumped ship now so not clear on the new rules.