Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Low Passenger Loads from Doha to Thailand destinations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Low Passenger Loads from Doha to Thailand destinations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
But, sadly, all our evidence is anecdotal: route analysis pulling in capacity, load and yields isn't going to fall into our laps.
Actually, there's a ton of detailed data made available by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics. It's mostly domestic; but I think that there's some international mixed in, too.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
duplicate - sorry!

Last edited by IAN-UK; Nov 14, 2017 at 1:54 pm
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Actually, there's a ton of detailed data made available by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics. It's mostly domestic; but I think that there's some international mixed in, too.
All interesting stuff, grist to the mill etc

But I'm not sure how it helps us with the yield/load factor conundrum for Doha Jakarta (etc)
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:09 pm

I travelled 2 flights last week.

1. HKG to DOH (788) - J and Y Full
2. DOH to IST (77W) - J (1/4 occupied) Y (less than 50 pax)

On the flight to Istanbul, it has been shown using 333 for a long time, but 2 weeks before departure got changed to 77w. Unless the return flight was full, really don't understand why they swap to a bigger plane, given the fact the load cannot even fill a A320
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:19 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by kaffir76
QR just updated my aircraft for DOH-MUC next week to the leased LATAM 359 seatmap. Oh well, I knew it was coming but still ... I was hoping to get the QR A350.

How was your experience On DOH-FRA?
Actually I thought the seat size and comfort on the LATAM/QATAM 359 was excellent. However, I prefer the QR 359 as the seats there afford more privacy and you don't have to sit next to a stranger. Service was obviously no different.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: QR (Gold), SA (Blue) and IHG (Gold)
Currently on Vacay JNB - DOH - HKT packed In Y and J. Must be the special fares from SA - Return are under 500 USD
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:09 pm
Suspended

Earlier this week. KUL DOH 8 pax in J and about 60 in Y (A330). At check in the moved all the Y pax in the back of the plane leaving the first Y cabin empty.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by ctb213ctb213
I travelled 2 flights last week.

1. HKG to DOH (788) - J and Y Full
2. DOH to IST (77W) - J (1/4 occupied) Y (less than 50 pax)

On the flight to Istanbul, it has been shown using 333 for a long time, but 2 weeks before departure got changed to 77w. Unless the return flight was full, really don't understand why they swap to a bigger plane, given the fact the load cannot even fill a A320
Cargo... Turkey, along with Iran, are 2 of the largest suppliers of food into Qatar at the moment. SAW flights are also being upgraded to WB as well freighters to both SAW and IST along with SYZ and IKA as well which are seeing widebdy passenger aircrafts too more often than in the past.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Jeff_
Earlier this week. KUL DOH 8 pax in J and about 60 in Y (A330). At check in the moved all the Y pax in the back of the plane leaving the first Y cabin empty.
On 11/21 7:55 pm flight was fuller. Some got the 4 seat middle to themself while I had to share with another guy on the other aisle. On the outbound we mia connected so rode the 777 and my wife and I each got the poor mans business class. We each did on the a350 from PHL both ways.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
QR835 HAN to BKK yesterday and Y had a reasonable load but wasn't full, maybe about 50% full. But what I found most interesting was that 90% of the Y cabin got out at BKK, on the check lists to permit passengers to disembark at the end of the jetbridge I could see 171 passengers were due to disembark at BKK.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Originally Posted by jbflyboy84
Cargo... Turkey, along with Iran, are 2 of the largest suppliers of food into Qatar at the moment. SAW flights are also being upgraded to WB as well freighters to both SAW and IST along with SYZ and IKA as well which are seeing widebdy passenger aircrafts too more often than in the past.
I flew BHH-DOH on a Qatar B773 in mid-September, they were loading a lot of food-freight on that too, using every last bit of cargo-space for it.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Richard Bell
I flew BHH-DOH on a Qatar B773 in mid-September, they were loading a lot of food-freight on that too, using every last bit of cargo-space for it.
You probably meant BKK or BHX not BHH...
Richard Bell likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Matt4
Ahhh, your right. Bkk - han.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Originally Posted by Matt4
Sorry, Yes, BKK not BHH, my bad ... ever since I got this new laptop I've been hitting wrong-keys.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Richard Bell
Sorry, Yes, BKK not BHH, my bad ... ever since I got this new laptop I've been hitting wrong-keys.
WOuldn't that be a great way to prank someone, -- rearrange the keyboard! You could actually do it two ways, -- easy just to rearrange the keycaps. An experienced user could get around that, of course. Even more fun, leave the keycaps where they are but rewire the keyboard so that the actual keys are different. Very evil!
florens and Richard Bell like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.