FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Low Passenger Loads from Doha to Thailand destinations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1872796-low-passenger-loads-doha-thailand-destinations.html)

MCI777 Oct 18, 2017 11:17 pm

Low Passenger Loads from Doha to Thailand destinations

I flew KBV-DOH-ARN yesterday and our A330 from KBV to DOH had 3 pax in Business and 35 in Economy. By far one of the lightest loads I've seen in awhile on an International flight. :eek: Needless to say the service levels in Business were amazing (not that I've ever had a bad experience with QR). :)

spec119 Oct 19, 2017 12:56 am

Sounds fabulous even for Y pax

justatourist Oct 19, 2017 3:56 am

Well, the high season for the Andaman Sea is approaching so the loads will improve for sure, at least from November to February.

NoY Oct 19, 2017 4:42 am

This is not unusual for Thai destinations which are highly seasonal. I flew a few weeks ago DOH-HKT-DOH & I was 1 of 3 in Business on one sector & 1 of (IIRC) 5 on the return. From November/December until March/April it will be somewhat different. Sadly (or perhaps not) I shall be largely flying SQ/CX during this time because of the “blockade” hassle with AUH/DXB :rolleyes:

Downunderdesert Oct 19, 2017 7:11 am

I took MUC-DOH 2 months ago on the LATAM 350........myself and 2 others in business, 7 people in coach.

NoY Oct 19, 2017 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Downunderdesert (Post 28951109)
I took MUC-DOH 2 months ago on the LATAM 350........myself and 2 others in business, 7 people in coach.

:eek: That’s insanely empty!

msm2000uk Oct 19, 2017 7:16 am

Thailand is very quiet at the moment due to the upcoming Ceremony of remembrance of the King.

While the 1 year anniversary of his death was last week (13/10), the Bangkok-wide (and realistically Country-wide) slow down has started.

M

Dr. HFH Oct 19, 2017 7:37 am

The Royal Cremation Ceremony is on Thursday, October 26th; and most everything will be closed. Realistically, I would expect things to start getting back to normal by Monday, October 30th.

ph-ndr Oct 19, 2017 7:59 am

I've recently had a few legs out of OSL and CPH, loads up front were decent, but in the back some of the flights had 10-20 pax. I also had SIN-DOH the other day, and that must have been 20 pax at the most in the back.

-A

Flame3601 Oct 19, 2017 8:48 am

Wow those are some seriously light loads , must of felt like a private jet !

Johnnieboy Oct 19, 2017 9:11 am

I was the only passenger in J once on a DOH-LGW flight (didn't look behind the curtain). Hard to see why they dropped that route...

Downunderdesert Oct 19, 2017 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 28951546)
I was the only passenger in J once on a DOH-LGW flight (didn't look behind the curtain). Hard to see why they dropped that route...

hopefully you can experience that again soon!

Zolex Oct 19, 2017 9:53 am

2 months ago there were only 4 passengers (myself included) in J BRU-DOH on the A350, quite a pleasant experience I must say! ;)

DALtoAAL Oct 19, 2017 1:34 pm

Few weeks ago on QR301 DOH-HEL, there were 5 pax, including myself, in J, Y-was maybe half full.

orbitmic Oct 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Remember that we are in a bit of a strange season: October is already way in the shoulder season, but the summer timetables are still on till next week. As a result, there is overcapacity for many airlines and routes, and I have been on several <50% load flights with QR and others this month.