Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: plunet
Wiki last updated: 21 July 2017 18:00 UTC

Summary of key traveller experiences and feedback on this forum since Mid-June
  • Policy statement (link) for the travel industry issued 15th June 2017
  • Refund is always an option, but very varied experiences of how quickly the refund is processed, from a few days to "still waiting". Some experiences of passengers being pressurised into taking refunds when this is not necessary if you can wait.
  • If you want to reroute from a closed destination to another middle east destination still served by QR, you might be able to do this as early as 30 days from 1st sector, although we have had reports of rerouting at 6 weeks out.
  • Where QR have to reroute onto other carriers, long haul reroutes typically onto BA, CX and TK seem to be quoted most often. In the Gulf region ME, KU, WY are quoted most often. Although RJ is a OneWorld carrier and should be a parter for QR, they are not accepting QR rerouted tickets.
  • Status of reservations for travel to affected destinations typically changes to "Unconfirmed" 7 days ahead of travel.
  • If your booking was via a 3rd party or agent you probably can't get Qatar to change the ticket until 72 hours before the first sector. 3rd parties and agents seem to be offering refunds rather than rerouting, although there has been some success if you can show them the QR rebooking policy document.
  • There has been a very mixed bag of reports of how QR are handling rebooking. Some people have no luck getting itineraries changed before 72 hours before departure, but others do. So some good advice is to always be polite but if you don't get what you want, then thank the agent for their time and HUACA (hang up and call again) - preferably after you have had a drink and have calmed down, and maybe calling a different office.

Some specific data points from other travellers:
(but there is a lot more valuable information if you can trawl back through the thread)

#753 CAI-LHR-DOH been offered as alternative for ex-CAI 4 days prior to 1st sector.
#772 KUL-DOH-LXR reroute to CAI and IST refused
#792 AUH-DOH-DPS by QR rebooked to DXB-HKG-DPS by CX
#794 Australia-DOH-HBE rebooked as DOH-BEY on QR on 2nd attempt.
#808 CAI>DOH>BOS>DOH>CAI rebooked to KRT and date change
#818 SYD-DOH-CAI changed to SYD-DOH-KWI-CAI, layovers optimed and +Qatar stopover
#830 and #840 Economy ICN-DOH-DXB rebooked onto CX ICN-HKG-DXB
#849 ex-CAI ininaries changed to ex-AMM but needed to HUACA a few times.
#856 CAI-DOH-BKK changed to FCO-DOH-BKK all on QR
#868 DFW-DOH-HBE changed to DFW-DOH-LCA all on QR 2 weeks out.
#906 Unable to get LXR-DOH-HKG-BNE rerouted until 72 hours prior
#927 CAI-DOH-BKK rebooked onto CAI-BAH-AMM on Gulf DOH-BKK (on QR) and return back to AMM
#966 DXB-DOH (award ticket) was changed to DXB-KWI-DOH on Kuwait+QR 48hrs in advance
#966 DOH-CAI (2 award tickets) were changed to DOH-BEY on QR 48 hours advance
#966 CAI-DOH-MUC (paid business) were changed to BEY-DOH-MUC 72 hours advance
#981 HKT-DOH-DWC (J/F tix) change to HKT-DOH-KWI all on QR 10 days out.
#985 ex-LXR ticket rerouted by OTA as CAI-BEY-DOH outside the 72 hr window
#1004 BKK-DOH-CAI in F rebooked as BKK-DOH-BEY in QR F, BEY-CAI in C on ME
#1005 HEL-DOH-DXB rebooked HEL-DOH-MCT on QR and MCT-DXB on Oman once ticket status went to unconfirmed.
#1057 MAN-DOH-DXB rebooked as MAN-LHR-DXB on BA (had to HUACA 3 times)
#1141 Multiple ex-CAI itineraries CAI-DOK-BKK return in J, CAI-DOH-LHR return in J, CAI-DOH-BKK single in F changed to all be ex-KWI. Had to HUACA 3 times.
#1157 LXR-DOH-NRT booked in January, flight changed to CAI-DOH-NRT
#1172 Rebooked CAI-(F)-DOH(J)-BKK to CAI-(C/ME)-BEY-(F)-DOH-(C)-BKK at 77hrs from departure
#1173 Rebooked at QR office HBE-DOH-DPS to HBE-IST-DOH-DPS on TK/TK/QR and improved timing on DOS-DPS segment

Offical guidance from QR website as of mid July:

Passengers who have purchased their tickets from Qatar Airways have the following options to refund their tickets:

For tickets booked on qatarairways.com, they can:
  1. Go to Refund requests;
  2. They can approach their nearest Qatar Airways Office; or
  3. They can call the Qatar Airways contact Centre at +974 4022 0072
For tickets booked through a Qatar Airways Office or through the Contact Centre, passengers can
  1. Contact their nearest Qatar Airways Office; or
  2. Call Qatar Airways Contact Centre on +974 4022 0072
The refund will be made to the original form of payment and the refund will be processed within 14 - 28 days.
Passengers who have purchased their Qatar Airways tickets through a Travel Agency can request their refund from the issuing Travel Agent.
Within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kingdom of Bahrain and Egypt please use: https://refundsapp1.blueivysync.com/...er-refund.html

This is a different web form as the Qatar website is blocked from some of these countries.
For further information and FAQs please visit: http://support.qatarairways.com/hc/e...002369667-FAQs
What Happened

On the 6th of June flights from Qatar to Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates (and vice versa) were suspended.

This includes all Qatar flights between Doha and Abu Dhabi, Abha, Alexandria–Borg el Arab, Bahrain, Buraydah, Cairo, Dammam, Dubai–Al Maktoum, Dubai–International, Gassim, Hofuf, Jeddah, Luxor, Madinah, Ras Al Khaimah, Riyadh, Sharjah, Tabuk, Ta'if and Yanbu.

Adding to this at 00:00 (UTC) on the 6th of June restrictions were put in place limiting flights to Doha to one particular corridor through the airspace of Bahrain. This has since been relaxed to two specific corridors through Bahrain airspace with a second corridor up the Saudi Arabia the new addition.

All other flights to other Qatar Airways destinations including the Maldives are still operating although some have delays due to the extended time required to avoid restricted airspace.

There are a couple of routes that are having to make fuel stops in Athens or Muscat but this seems to be dependent on the type of aircraft as well.

Details on the Airspace can be found here - https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/f...ain-and-egypt/

What about my Flights to other destinations?

Flights to Europe, Asia, Pacific and Norte America are operating as per schedule with minimal delays. There is no need to contact QR regarding these services.

Flights between Doha and Souto America are facing delays due to longer times and/or need for a technical stop-over. Flights to GRU and EZE are 2hr to 5hrs longer.

Flight between Doha and Africa/Middle East have longer flights times due to the airspace restrictions. Some routes like Doha to Khartoum have felt the full force of the restrictions with the flight now taking 2hr 30 mins longer than normal.

Qatar has begun to re-time flights to ensure the network continues running smoothly. Changes have been since Monday 12 June 2017, so it is advised to check your flight status and times on the Qatar website.

What about my flight to a suspended destination?

If you are due to fly in the next few days, search for alternative routings and note them down.

24 hours before your scheduled departure time, contact your LOCAL QR office, and ask for their assistance. Advise them that you have found an alternative routing which you would be willing to accept and see if they will book it for you.

If you are due to fly more than 5 days from today, try and relax. Do not panic and please do not call QR as you are blocking the lines for those flying in the next 24 hours. At this stage, Qatar is only offering options to those who are traveling in the next 24 hours.

Currently, people in the thread have suggested that Qatar is rebooking on flights through Muscat, Kuwait, Amman, Istanbul, Mumbai, Beirut, Athens and Tunis.

You can only get a refund if your booking is to one of the destinations listed at the top! (The number of people asking QR on Twitter for a refund of other flights is amazing)

What about other airlines?

Most other carriers in and out of Doha are still operating except for Air Arabia, Air Arabia Egypt, Air Cairo, EgyptAir, Emirates, Etihad, FlyDubai, Rotana Jet and Saudia.

Most other carriers are using the new restricted routes into Doha although provided the aircraft is not registered in Qatar they are allowed to use the Saudi Arabia or Egypt Airspace.

Timeline of Events:

5 June 2017

- UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace
- All MS flights between CAI and DOH was zeroed out
- All GF flights between BAH and DOH closed for sale
- All QR flights between DOH and CAI closed for sale
- All QR staff travel was canceled

6 June 2017

- Airspace Restriction came into effect at 00:00 (UTC)
- All QR flights between DOH and UAE/Bahrain/KSA closed for sale
- QR flights between DOH and MLE still bookable
- QR Charters 3 aircraft from Jeddah to Muscat

7 June 2017
- QR Charters an aircraft from Jeddah to Kuwait

8 June 2017
- Qatar Airways website blocked in the UAE
- Qatar Airways offices in the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain close

11 June 2017
- Second flight corridor added along the Saudi Arabia Coast

13 June 2017
- UAE Relaxes rules allowing non Qatari registered aircraft to use their airspace to/from Qatar but they are still not allowing flights between the UAE and Qatar from any operators.
- Egypt Relaxes rules allowing non Qatari registered aircraft to use their airspace to/from Qatar. The new rules also allow for non Qatar or Egypt registered aircraft to operate flights between the two countries.

14 June 2017
- Agreement between QR and BA/A3 on reticketing passengers (link below)

Further information:
- QR Travel Alert http://support.qatarairways.com/hc/e...bile_site=true
- QR FAQs http://support.qatarairways.com/hc/e...002369667-FAQs
- QR Charter flights arranged from Jeddah KSA to Muscat Oman http://support.qatarairways.com/hc/e...Muscat-to-Doha
- QR agreement with BA & A3 to reticket their flights http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...r-help-qr.html
- Political background and latest updates: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40155829
Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by NoY
PC have refused to extend the validity of my soon expiring Q Credits despite the current situation. Very disappointing, when its so difficult to use QR from AUH/DXB/DWC...
Annoying rather than difficult.

I have had no difficulty doing the MCT shuffle between DOH and DXB.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
UAE Credit Card

Originally Posted by Work-Shy
Have any of the other UAE residents on this board booked flights on QR since the embargo (out of/into MCT/KWI, for example)? I just wondered if there would be any issues paying for such a ticket with my UAE Citibank credit card.
Just to update, I called Citibank today to ask the question (after no response to their useless Twitter channel). While not definitive (the agent was fairly dim), they recommended that I did NOT use my UAE Citibank card for any QR purchase as they couldn't guarentee it would be processed!

I guess i'll just have to use my UK HSBC card if I can be inclined to bother with QR and the MCT shuffle.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:55 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
Annoying rather than difficult.

I have had no difficulty doing the MCT shuffle between DOH and DXB.
I am happy for you. I find it difficult.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by kkong42
I had HEL-DOH-DXB booked for Thursday 6th July and the status changed to "unconfirmed" today.

I called the Finland contact number and they re-booked me DOH-MCT-DXB (which was my preferred option) quickly and without any issues. The MCT-DXB leg is Oman Air.

I was advised to leave my return flights (11 July) unchanged for now and call again once those become unconfirmed.
Hi, I have a same situation. I have HEL-DOH-DXB flights booked on 10.10.2017. Did you book through travel agent? I did by Supersaver. I would like to get rebooked too. I would like to ask, how was it the transfer at muscat? Did you have to buy visa for Oman? Also how early you did contact qatar airways?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:54 am

Additional data points. My original ticket was DWC/DOH/JNB/DOH/DWC 21 Oct/5 Nov. I managed to reroute my outgoing flight for 21 Oct in early August thru HKG call center to AUH/BEY/DOH/JNB but was not able to change the 5 Nov flight.

I have been calling HKG many times since 1st September but they insisted that flight in November cannot be changed yet. Today I called to India call center and was able to have my flight rerouted. However the new policy kicked in and since my original flight was DWC they can only reroute to DXB, not AUH. Also only 2 airlines are allowed now: Turkish and Kuwait. Due to the flight time to Kuwait is a lot shorter, my new flight is now JNB/DOH/KWI/DXB all in business class and JNB to KWI in QR. They also moved my JNB flight to the later one to minimize the connecting hours in DOH.

The agent was very patient and helpful. I do appreciate QR for all their support and if one day the situation resolved, I would fly with them again with no doubt.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:53 am

So the call center just called back to inform me that the Kuwait do not take Business class passenger from QR so now rerouted to Turkish Airline with 7.5 hours transit in Doha. -_-

Last edited by Amame; Sep 6, 2017 at 8:54 am Reason: spelling
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Here is a copy of QR's latest rebooking policy for suspended destinations (Update # 16, August 8, 2017) (bolding mine):

Qatar Airways - Update # 16
August 8, 2017

Dear Valued Trade Partner,

Our award-wining service continues to all destinations across our global network with the exception of the four suspended countries. Passengers holding bookings for travel to the suspended destinations are advised to rebook their travel with Aegean Airlines (A3), Kuwait Airways (KU), Middle East Airlines (ME), Oman Air (WY) and Turkish Airline (TK). The detailed policy is outlined below and is applicable until further notice.

Our dedicated team remains available to ensure the smooth and safe movement of our passengers. Our Call Center Trade Desk and our field Sales Representatives are ready to assist with any questions. Additionally, the online callback option remains active. We will continue to update you with policy changes and updates as they become available.

Thank you for choosing Qatar Airways and for your ongoing support.

Sincerely,

Qatar Airways - USA Management Team

Going places together. qatarairways.com

Suspended Destinations:

Bahrain – Manama
Egypt – Alexandria, Cairo, Luxor
Saudi Arabia – Abha, Damman, Gassim, Hofuf, Jeddah, Medina, Riyadh, Taif, Yanbu
United Arab Emirates (UAE) – Abu Dhabi, Dubai (DXB and DWC), Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah

All regularly scheduled QR Flights operating to/from Bahrain (BHR), Egypt (EGY), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and United Arab Emirates (UAE) have effectively been suspended.

Please note that cancelled flights might still show HK status in the PNR, hence ensure that segments, e-tickets and EMDs are regularized according to options given below. Passengers are allowed to make one change free of charge for travel dates mentioned below.

This new policy supersedes any previous update that has been communicated by QatarAirways.

This policy applies only to passengers who are due to travel on QR operating flights to/from KSA, UAE, BHR, EGY and holding a confirmed reservation and a confirmed ticket issued on cancelled flight(s), for travel from June 5, 2017, until Further Notice.

The following options are available:

Rebook on Aegean Airlines (A3), Kuwait Airways (KU), Middle East Airlines (ME), Oman Air (WY) and Turkish Airline (TK) only, free of charge, under the following conditions:

Kuwait Airways (KU), for original Economy Class travel to/from KSA/UAE/BAH onto KU services between KWI - JED/DMM/RUH/MED/DXB/BAH and JED/DMM/RUH/MED/DXB/BAH – KWI must be rebooked from July 6, 2017, to December 31, 2017, however, original travel date of originating station must be within 15 days from original travel date.
Eligible passengers: Re-issue date from July 6, 2017, to October 31, 2017.
Booking Class: Lowest available RBD class within 4 RBD’s; L, T, V and Z
Routing:
Origin & destination after re-protection within KSA can be changed to JED/DMM/RUH/MED (e.g. passenger originally booked DOH QR YNB can now be re-accommodated for DOH QR X/KWI KU MED). Routing shall be directed via QR flight DOH-KWI and vice versa.
Origin & destination after re-protection within UAE can be changed to DXB (e.g. passenger originally booked AUH QR DOH can now be re-accommodated for DXB KU X/KWI QR DOH). Routing shall be directed via QR flight KWI-DOH and vice versa.
Origin & destination after re-protection to/from BAH must remain same.

Oman Air (WY) applicable to re-accommodate our passengers originally travelling to/from KSA onto WY services between MCT – JED and JED – MCT must be rebooked from July 5, 2017, to October 30, 2017, however, original travel date must be within (+/-) 15 days from original travel date of originating station.
Eligible Passengers: Re-issue date from July 5, 2017, to October 31, 2017.
Booking Class: Economy RBD I and Business/First RBD C, D
Routing: Origin & destination after re-protection within KSA can be changed to JED e.g. passenger originally booked DOH-YNB on QR can now be re-accommodated for DOH X/MCT WY JED.. Routing shall be direct via QR flight DOH-MCT and vice versa.

Middle East Airlines (ME), for BEY – CAI and CAI – BEY must be rebooked from June 14, 2017, to December 31, 2017, however original travel date of originating station must be within 15 days from original travel date
Eligible Passengers: Re-issue date from June 14, 2017, to December 31, 2017.
Routing: Origin & destination after re-protection can be changed to CAI e.g. passenger originally booked DOH-HBE on QR can now be re-accommodated for DOH X/BEY ME CAI. Routing shall be direct via QR flight DOH-BEY and vice versa.

Middle East Airlines (ME), for BEY – JED / RUH / DMM and JED / RUH / DMM – BEY must be rebooked from June 21, 2017, to October 31, 2017, however original travel date of originating station must be within 15 days from original travel date.
Eligible Passenger: Re-issue date from June 21, 2017, to October 31, 2017.
Routing: Origin & destination after re-protection can be changed within KSA e.g. passenger originally booked DOH-AHB on QR can now be re-accommodated for DOH X/BEY ME JED. Routing shall be direct via QR flight DOH-BEY and vice versa.
Restriction: ME Economy Class RBD’s H, K, U, M and B are not allowed to be used.

Aegean Airlines (A3), for ATH – CAI / JED, CAI / JED– ATH, must be rebooked from June 22, 2017, to August 31, 2017, however original travel date of originating station must be within 15 days from original travel date.
Eligible Passenger: Re-issue date from June 22, 2017, to August 31, 2017.
Routing: Origin & destination after re-protection can be changed within EGY or KSA can be changed to CAI or JED e.g. passenger originally booked RUH QRX /DOH can now be re-accommodated for JED A3 X/ATH QR DOH. Routing shall be directed via QR flight ATH-DOH and vice versa.

Turkish Airlines (TK), applicable on network to re-accommodate our passengers that are originally booked to/from Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Bahrain must be rebooked from June 23, 2017, to September 31, 2017, however original travel date of originating station must be within 15 days from original travel date.
Eligible Passenger: Re-issue date from June 23, 2017, to September 30, 2017.
Routing: Origin & destination after re-protection must remain the same.
Free of charge re-protection on OAL is not permitted.
Rebooking onto a code-share marketing flight number is not permitted. Use prime operating flight number at all times.

Conditions for rebooking:

Addition or change of interline feeder flight(s) within the same cabin is not permitted. E-tickets involving interline feed can only be presented for refund. This condition applies for fully unutilized e-tickets, as well as to partially utilized –tickets.
Rebooking in a higher cabin is not permitted.

For KSA, UAE and BHR flights cancellations:
Rebooking on QR operating flight to/from another closest point in Kuwait and Oman is permitted (subject to documentation checks).
The new date of travel must be within 90 days of the original.

For EGY flights cancellations:
Rebooking on QR operating flight to/from another closest point in Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon and Oman is permitted (subject to documentation checks).
The new date of travel must be within 90 days of the original.
Tickets must be reissued with an endorsement “INVOL DUE … FLT CANCELLATIONS”. Please specify KSA/UAE/BAH or Egypt respectively.
Bookings must be updated with “SROTHSZZ INVOL DUE … FLT CANCELLATIONS”. Please specify KSA/UAE/BAH or Egypt respectively.
157 E-tickets issued by Travel Agents which have not been exchanged/reissued by QR can be exchanged/reissued by the same Travel Agent.
157 E-ticket which a customer has kept open for future use and now presented for rebooking – Contact Qatar Airways office or Contact Center only

Conditions for refund of 157 documents:

Full Refund of unutilized value on e-ticket is permitted by using involuntary refund options (TRF/INVOL entry). This will ensure refund of Service Charge (Ticketing Fee) collected on e-tickets issued by QR directly. Please note that this is exceptional process only for current situation.
157 E-tickets issued by Travel Agents which have not been exchanged/reissued by QR can be refunded by the same Travel Agent.
Full Refund of unutilized value is permitted.
Refundable unutilized value shall be calculated based on unutilized NUC taxes, fees and charges.
All unutilized values of purchased products and services associated to aforementioned canceled flights via 157 EMD-A or 157 STPC e-ticket vouchers can be refunded via automated Refund Notice.
157 E-ticket already reissued INVOLUNTARY due to reasons in this commercial policy, can be presented for refund upon passenger’s decision not to travel.

Passengers affected by violation of Minimum Connecting Time (MCT) or Misconnection, the conditions for rebooking are as follows:

Rebook onto earlier or next QR flight from/to the same origin/destination. Rebooking should be made in the lowest available selling class within the same cabin. No difference of fare or taxes to be collected from passenger. Penalties due to rebooking are waived.
Rebook onto earlier or next QR operating flight from/to a different origin/destination within same country or within 500-mile radius and whichever is more flexible for the customer. Rebooking should be made in the lowest available selling class within the same cabin. No difference of fare or taxes to be collected from passenger. Penalties due to rebooking are waived.

Conditions for refund:

Receive a full refund of unutilized value. Penalties due to refund are waived.

Other General Conditions:

For all Group bookings, please contact nearest Qatar Airways office or Contact Center.
For passengers holding a confirmed reservation to travel on the above mentioned affected destination/flights, but who do not hold a confirmed ticket, the normal fare rules apply.
Passengers holding 96 hours transit visa;
Under this exceptional policy, passengers who have been rebooked on OAL inbound flight to DOH can use approved 96 hours transit visa, provided they are holding 157 e-ticket for entire journey with onward connection on QR operating flight number.

The following SSR message will have to be updated and inserted in the PNR: SRCKINYYHK1-96HRS TRANSIT VISA NO 123456789000 VISA EXPIRY 20may2017 AVBL ON ARRVL THIS IS YR AUTH TO EMBARK PAX
Thanks to HansGolden for providing!
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Here is a copy of QR's latest rebooking policy for suspended destinations (Update # 16, August 8, 2017) (bolding mine):

Thanks to HansGolden for providing!

Lucky that I've been rerouted thru LHR with BA in last month.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
I feel like that scene in Airplane when they say they have run out of coffee....

Was in Al-Maha and Al-Mourjan and neither lounge has any Diet Coke/Coke Zero!!!!!
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Originally Posted by energydj
I feel like that scene in Airplane when they say they have run out of coffee....

Was in Al-Maha and Al-Mourjan and neither lounge has any Diet Coke/Coke Zero!!!!!
Has been like that for a while now already. I asked the attendants at the lounge the other time and they didn't know why they don't have it anymore. Maye someone else knows?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by hotwingz
Has been like that for a while now already. I asked the attendants at the lounge the other time and they didn't know why they don't have it anymore. Maye someone else knows?
Fairly sure it is because of the blockade. In addition, no tonic water either
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Fairly sure it is because of the blockade.
But if they still have regular Coke....?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:31 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Good to hear. Adhering to standards is what decent lounges are all about.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
But if they still have regular Coke....?
Probably had a ton of regular Coke in stock as it has a much longer shelf life than diet cola.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:41 am

I don't see how "blockade / much longer shelf life" makes sense as an explanation unless they're also no longer serving it in the air?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.