FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:35 am
Davehereford

Update on the situation.

for those that don't know I bought a pre Egyptian pound business class fare from Cairo to Bangkok so didn't want to cancel. After advice from here and from qatar airways support I waited until yesterday, 72 hours out, to call and rebook my ticket due to the Egyptian pound flotation. The man on the phone couldn't have been more helpful and has ironically put me on gulf air from Cairo to Bahrain, before Bahrain to Amman also on gulf air, both in business, then Amman to Doha and Doha to Bangkok both on qr metal. When I presented him with other options he said that royal Jordanian aren't helping and cancelling tickets booked my qatar which seemed strange for a one world partner. On the way home they have done a more simple Doha to Bangkok and Bangkok to Amman, but couldn't find a ticket for me from Amman to Cairo so I offered to do this at my own expense as I don't want to be hold when enjoying Thailand. As a thank you for the nice gesture he upgraded me from business to first on the way home and I used 9000 avios for a one way ticket between Amman and Cairo. Very happy with the outcome and very impressed with their customer service team yesterday I have to say. The only worry is that my connections in Bahrain and Amman are 45 minutes each and so I hope that gulf air will check my bags right through or I'll never make that! Good luck to all trying to sort their flights out there do seem to be contingency plans in place!