FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace
Old Jun 18, 2017, 4:56 am
Phil the Flyer

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Let me start by saying I adore women (my mother, sister, wife and daughter are all women!).

However - when it comes to QR DOH customer service, the old adage of if at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again has just been proven to be true for me.

Three times I called QR DOH customer service - to change some not-too-far-away ex-CAI QR itineraries to ex-AMM (after the first unsuccessful attempt I even changed my tune and offered to bear the cost myself of AMM-CAI-AMM flights). Three times three different women all said the same - can't do anything until T-72!

The fourth time I got a Moroccan gentleman - Mohamed. Mohamed is a star :-: ^; he could not have been more helpful if he tried. End result - three itineraries (for self, Mrs PtF and Master PtF) all changed from ex-CAI to ex-AMM.

Moral(s) of the story - a) QR customer service appears to have zero consistency and, b) if a female answers the phone hang up, dial again (repeat as necessary) until you get a male voice on the phone.

Now I'm off to refund my EK tickets!