Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:43 pm

A question re stay at the Westin. I understand that the free hotel stay is only for room, no food. Is wifi free? I tried to call the Westin to see if they could add my spg number to the booking, but they said no! I think as spg gold I should get free wifi by showing my card at checkin? Thanks in advance for any reply from anyone who stayed at the Westin.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by A1pax
A question re stay at the Westin. I understand that the free hotel stay is only for room, no food. Is wifi free? I tried to call the Westin to see if they could add my spg number to the booking, but they said no! I think as spg gold I should get free wifi by showing my card at checkin? Thanks in advance for any reply from anyone who stayed at the Westin.
That's odd, I emailed them prior to my stay and they added my SPG Gold number to my booking. They also emailed me a couple days before my stay to ask if there was anything they could do to improve my stay. We got free WiFi yes.

Regarding food - it depends if you are booked through the STPC or +Qatar scheme. The latter doesn't provide food just a room.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by wheatbeer
That's odd, I emailed them prior to my stay and they added my SPG Gold number to my booking. They also emailed me a couple days before my stay to ask if there was anything they could do to improve my stay. We got free WiFi yes.

Regarding food - it depends if you are booked through the STPC or +Qatar scheme. The latter doesn't provide food just a room.
Thanks, wheatbeer, for the quick reply. I phoned the spg line and they said no. I tried to find the email for Westin Doha but could not find it. Could you please share it here or PM me? I will email them directly with my spg gold number. We are on the +Qatar scheme, so no food then.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:58 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Although I'm loyal to EK, the +Qatar deal is really exceptional. Valid in all classes and fares provided the transit is greater that 12h. It means you can deliberately take a breather if you desire. That's certainly what mrs Syd likes to do.

I've not stayed in the Warwick before? Anyone got any advice on getting there, should I pay for the breakfast etc? Was thinking of getting an uber and having breakfast before heading to the souk for a walk, swimming pool in the arvo and then back to DOH for connection on to SYD.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL EK QR TK
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Although I'm loyal to EK, the +Qatar deal is really exceptional. Valid in all classes and fares provided the transit is greater that 12h. It means you can deliberately take a breather if you desire. That's certainly what mrs Syd likes to do.

I've not stayed in the Warwick before? Anyone got any advice on getting there, should I pay for the breakfast etc? Was thinking of getting an uber and having breakfast before heading to the souk for a walk, swimming pool in the arvo and then back to DOH for connection on to SYD.
Get a free food voucher at the transit desk and eat at the airport restaurant. Just ask and they will apply it to your boarding pass since the Warwick doesn't offer complimentary meals. Then get a Uber to the souk or the direct bus that goes there outside the airport. I would just get an Uber. Just don't take a regular taxi.

Warwick check-in time is 24 hours.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by sydtogla

Just have breakfast at the Souq!
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:05 am

When I stayed there back in November, Wi-Fi was free.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Thanks, wheatbeer, for the quick reply. I phoned the spg line and they said no. I tried to find the email for Westin Doha but could not find it. Could you please share it here or PM me? I will email them directly with my spg gold number. We are on the +Qatar scheme, so no food then.
Here you go:

[email protected]
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Here you go:

[email protected]
Thanks, wheatbeer. I will email Westin Doha with my spg gold number to add to the reservation by Qatar Tourism for the free stay.

Just to update: I have emailed the Westin and received a reply really quickly. All good, they have added my spg number to the booking - no hassle ^

Last edited by A1pax; Mar 15, 2018 at 8:49 am Reason: add new paragraph
Old Mar 16, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: DL EK QR TK
For anybody staying near the Sheraton Grand, they're having the 9th annual international food festival. The Hilton Doha (Qatar +) is about an 18 minute walk away. There could be others.

Just another activity to add to your list if you have time.

Details below:
http://www.qifoodfestival.qa/hotel-park/ (website)

https://youtu.be/j96EfLiyRZQ (video)
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Just booked this for two stays: One for a ORD-DOH-BKK flight in "Y" with a 16 hour layover (selected and confirmed at the Hilton) and then on a CMB-DOH-PHL flight in "J" but with only a 9 hour layover (selected and confirmed at the Oryx Rotana just for the maximum sleep opportunity). Pretty spiffy!
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:08 am

Is it possible when travelling with a companion to book a Qatar+ stopover hotel on the outbound using ticket #1 and a separate Qatar+ stopover hotel on the return using ticket #2 ?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by mster
Is it possible when travelling with a companion to book a Qatar+ stopover hotel on the outbound using ticket #1 and a separate Qatar+ stopover hotel on the return using ticket #2 ?
Can't see why not. It's not the airline's business to police who you share your room with.

It can be difficult (AKA expensive) to incorporate a break of journey in both directions: but direct connections might allow a generous stopover.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by mster

Yes this is possible and perfectly acceptable, Only gets complicated if you are not sharing a room as both tickets would be used each way for a room each
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I've got a trip planned in May in J and I'm browsing through the available hotels. It seems like a great stopover deal.
That said, does anyone know if this list changes (beyond declining inventory)? Am I better off booking now or later?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.