Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Interlining (Baggage)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:30 am

For those transiting through SIN (Changi), if you don’t want to exit the airside area, following should be useful:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29682447-post10.html

Originally Posted by alexcad
Just an update with an official written response for Changi

As you will be travelling from one Full Service Carrier (Turkish Airlines) to another (Qantas), you can just proceed to Qantas' Transfer desk at your departing terminal to obtain your next journey's boarding pass without having to clear immigration.
If you have any checked bags, do inform the staffs at the transfer desk so that they can arrange to transfer your bags to your onward flight. This service is available even if you are on 2 separate tickets.

Kindly take note that this facilitation is only available for passengers travelling from one Full Service Carrier to another, and is not available for those who are connecting via Low Cost Carriers (e.g AirAsia, Scoot, Jetstar, etc.).
I hope that the information provided clarifies your enquiry. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Hope it helps other people.
[EDIT]Also was confirmed here specifically for Qatar, albeit 6 years ago, and having to wait for QR’s agents to show up:
https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowT...Singapore.html

Last edited by crackjack; Jun 24, 2019 at 3:14 am
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by remdk
LimitingFactor QR will interline baggage across reservations provided they are OW flights, otherwise not.
not true at all.

QR to SK LH LX all star alliance airlines done in 2018, separate tickets
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Originally Posted by crackjack
For those transiting through SIN (Changi), if you don’t want to exit the airside area, following should be useful:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29682447-post10.html

[EDIT]Also was confirmed here specifically for Qatar, albeit 6 years ago, and having to wait for QR’s agents to show up:
https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowT...Singapore.html

Data point from me. SQ on phone told me no interlining between them and QR on sep tickets, but when I got to check in at REP they were able to do it.

Also no issue going to QR transfer desk in T1 around 7hrs before flight and picking up boarding pass and then lounge hopping. (they also would have transferred luggage if it wasn’t already done, or so they told me).

Anyway, luggage arrived in GOT with not a hitch.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisBub

Data point from me. SQ on phone told me no interlining between them and QR on sep tickets, but when I got to check in at REP they were able to do it.

Also no issue going to QR transfer desk in T1 around 7hrs before flight and picking up boarding pass and then lounge hopping. (they also would have transferred luggage if it wasn’t already done, or so they told me).

Anyway, luggage arrived in GOT with not a hitch.
The fact is that you' need to follow up about the luggage in the connecting airport (transfer desk or gate) so they can be sure the luggage are loaded in the following segment /airline.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by remdk
LimitingFactor QR will interline baggage across reservations provided they are OW flights, otherwise not.
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
not true at all.

QR to SK LH LX all star alliance airlines done in 2018, separate tickets

Actually, what remdk says IS true as far as QR policy goes. QR/their handling agents may choose to go beyond this policy and check to airlines outside of oneWorld but this is far from guaranteed.. the important point to note for future travellers who may read this thread and come across your statement.

Originally Posted by LimitingFactor
Interlining with FlyBe(BE) I've seen BE listed as an interline partner of QR. When I return to the UK do you think there is any chance of QR checking our luggage all the way to BE on a separate PNR?

LF
You can ask, but as above you may get pushback.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: BA GOLD
I’m grateful to the interline service QR provided to passengers, when other OW carriers do not do so any more(apart from CX), it causes us a lot of difficulties when doing our exEU trips. Can I ask if there is anyone has first hand experience whether QR will interline bags to CZ(China Southern). I read news QR bought 5% shares of CZ recently. Maybe they will have some kind of cooperation in terms of interlining bags? Thanks if anyone can shed some lights?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by roy2016
I’m grateful to the interline service QR provided to passengers, when other OW carriers do not do so any more(apart from CX), it causes us a lot of difficulties when doing our exEU trips. Can I ask if there is anyone has first hand experience whether QR will interline bags to CZ(China Southern). I read news QR bought 5% shares of CZ recently. Maybe they will have some kind of cooperation in terms of interlining bags? Thanks if anyone can shed some lights?
See my previous post. It is indeed technically possible but as China Southern is not a oneWorld airline it is possible your request will be rejected as it is not policy.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann
See my previous post. It is indeed technically possible but as China Southern is not a oneWorld airline it is possible your request will be rejected as it is not policy.
another useless answer, are you a bot ?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:45 pm

This is is not just CX and QR, there are a couple other OW carriers which will still interline baggage to other oneworld carriers on two separate PNRs with purchased tickets, e.g. JL, UL, MH, just not AA, AY, BA, QF, etc... see this post for more clarity on where such is / is not per policy:
GC, it looks like Schwann was just trying to helpful.

There is no publicly-available policy for interlining on separate PNRs to CZ - regardless of any ownership. In such cases (and even where a policy is published, as evidenced by others’ QR-to-OW experiences above until pushed), expect check-in staff to turn away such a request, and be happily surprised if they agree to do so. One person’s experience does not guarantee the same for yours where there is no policy.
Schwann likes this.

Last edited by crackjack; Jun 26, 2019 at 10:42 pm
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crackjack
This is is not just CX and QR, there are a couple other OW carriers which still do it, e.g.JL, UL, MH, just not AA, AY, BA, QF, etc... see this post<snip>
QF will interline on separate tickets
  • QF to QF
  • QF to EK
  • QF to Oneworld if 1 flight is an award. But is unclear in the award has to be QF or the another airline award also triggers the acceptance
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
QF will interline on separate tickets
  • QF to QF
  • QF to EK
  • QF to Oneworld if 1 flight is an award. But is unclear in the award has to be QF or the another airline award also triggers the acceptance
You are correct, will clarify my earlier post to be a bit more specific.

Just off the top off my head, I believe the 3rd point also applies to *at least some* other OW airlines as well?

Last edited by crackjack; Jun 26, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:22 am

Yes, although my robo-responses are 5% more useful than QR customer relations or complaints in this thread when we get the inevitable complaints in a few weeks because someone in this thread got the impression they can through check to Flybe or Lufthansa or China Southern on seperate tickets and got rejected.

I'm not trying to be unhelpful.. QR has a stated policy that they will through check onto oneWorld carriers if seperate tickets are held. Anything beyond that is a bonus.
crackjack, Matt4, plunet and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Schwann
QR has a stated policy that they will through check onto oneWorld carriers if seperate tickets are held. Anything beyond that is a bonus.
And the other thing that comes into play is why people are trying to check through luggage and different tickets

1. If it's for convenience, you have the right to enter the transit country, then that's fine.
2. But if you are depending on being able to check through luggage (beyond stated company customer policy) to avoid entering going landside to collect and recheck bags, and you do not have the right to enter that country, that is a very foolish game to play.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by plunet
And the other thing that comes into play is why people are trying to check through luggage and different tickets

1. If it's for convenience, you have the right to enter the transit country, then that's fine.
2. But if you are depending on being able to check through luggage (beyond stated company customer policy) to avoid entering going landside to collect and recheck bags, and you do not have the right to enter that country, that is a very foolish game to play.
I am not in Flyertalk to read the manual of "the perfect oneworld airlines by the rules", I am here to know if some flexibility exist and with who.
Flexibility that's a good point for flying QR (5 stars airlines right?) instead of flying SQ or CX...
I.E.: PG stopped to interline few years ago, so I try my best to avoid that kind of airline.

If I don't waste my time landside it's a plus.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:53 am

GC, then unfortunately it seems that the number of airlines you consider might drop by at least one more.

If you read through the thread above, QR has taken this approach to such cases for at least 3 years (if not longer). Some QR check-in agents even deny QR-to-other-OW cases and seem to need the policy highlighted to them (or a manager) before they agree to the request.

Perhaps in smaller outstations where they use third-party agents you might get a different result, but it does appear that QR staff have fairly limited discretion on top of what is stated in their published policy.
Schwann likes this.

Last edited by crackjack; Jun 28, 2019 at 2:39 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.