Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR CDG lounge opened

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2023, 12:50 am

Doe anyone know what is the CDG T1 lounge to which QR Y pax with QRPC Platinum status are currently invited? Many thanks.
Old May 28, 2023, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I beg to differ as a frequent user of both Al Safwa and the CCR. When was your last visit to both? Al Safwa food basically tastes reheated, CCR food quality varies and is sometimes poor, but the best dishes I’ve had in the CCR (normally fish and puddings) easily beat Al Safwa. I would say the drinks are now better in CCR too post repeated QR downgrades. Right now CCR is LPGS vs. non-vintage Laurent Perrier in Al Safwa, for example…

The BA showers are shameful and you have a point there, but fortunately I never use them as LHR is always my start or end point.
Last visit was late 2022 in both.
Except for Champagne (a disgrace for a F lounge in Al Safwa), wines are better in Al Safwa.
Food depends on tastes and I am not British. CCR showers, which I use as a transit pax, are a disgrace.

But to return to topic, I agree with you that CDG QR premium lounge is outstanding as are other QR premium lounges.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 3:06 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by brunos
Last visit was late 2022 in both.
Except for Champagne (a disgrace for a F lounge in Al Safwa), wines are better in Al Safwa.
Food depends on tastes and I am not British. CCR showers, which I use as a transit pax, are a disgrace.

But to return to topic, I agree with you that CDG QR premium lounge is outstanding as are other QR premium lounges.
Pre-Pandemic I was at the CDG QR Lounge and sat outside on the deck. I ordered the steak and it was fantastic, cooked on site to my liking (rare) :-)
Old Jan 14, 2024, 11:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
Flying out of CDG on Cathay later this year and believe as a J class passenger can use the Qatar lounge.

I’ve just been to the QR lounge in Singapore and it was EXCELLENT. So very much looking forward to trying the Paris one!
celtic_warrior likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 7:57 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Continental OnePass, BA Executive Club, Tesco ;)
The Paris lounge is one of my favourite lounges in the world.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just went to the CDG lounge.
It is exactly the same as before covid, except for very minor changes in decoration. Still a great lounge with the two large outdoor areas for smoking or dining..
The lounge is still stunning..

Wines are extremely poor.
We ordered a la carte, but the two dishes were very disappointing, reheated and tasteless.
The buffet food was better.

The staff kind of push everyone out at 9pm for a 10pm flight. They kept saying that boarding has already started.
It is a rather long way from the lounge to the satellite and you have to clear security there. But with priority it took use no more then ten minutes.
There we learned that boarding usually starts only at 9:30pm.
We stood up in line as instructed, but the plane was not cleaned up yet (late arrival), so had to stand for over 30 min as boarding only started at 9:45. ACtually Y pax boarded first as the bridge for J pax had some malfunction. Only boarded around 9:55.

Last edited by brunos; Jan 16, 2024 at 4:26 am
Old Feb 19, 2024, 12:48 pm

Can owe elite sapphire status access this lounge when flying qatar economy? One world website seems to say so but other sites seem to say only for revenue business pax

thank uou
Old Feb 19, 2024, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AM123
Can owe elite sapphire status access this lounge when flying qatar economy? One world website seems to say so but other sites seem to say only for revenue business pax

thank uou
The short answer is No.

Even Business Lite fares do not have access.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 11:32 am

Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by Sydneyberlin
Flying out of CDG on Cathay later this year and believe as a J class passenger can use the Qatar lounge.

I’ve just been to the QR lounge in Singapore and it was EXCELLENT. So very much looking forward to trying the Paris one!
I have been to both the SIN and CDG lounge and I think SIN lounge is the better one. The staff in the SIN lounge are very proactive and provided the best service amongst the QR lounges, better than those lounges in DOH.
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 2:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Gold, Le Club des Actionnaires
Originally Posted by brunos
The short answer is No.

Even Business Lite fares do not have access.
Or maybe yes if they are flying on Qatar airways. That's today's policy anyway. On the other hand a revenue BC passenger of another oneworld airline is not allowed to use the lounge. I was turned away today with a Finnair BC BP (lounge inclusive fare.)

I pointed out that oneworld access rules and indeed Qatar's own website say I'm invited to use the lounge. No avail. Seems they make up their own rules as they go. You have to fly on QR was their policy.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 6:02 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
It seems like CDG QR lounge access rules have (permanently?) changed. I was surprise to get access (it was even written on my boarding pass) on Sat 9th March as a Platinum flying on a Y award as before CDG lounge access was only allowed to business class ticketed passengers (Platinum on any booking class but not with an upgraded ticket, award ticket or payed ticket with booking class R or above).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.