FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Airbus A380: seating Q&A

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 4:17 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Crisu69
I will fly first time in f on A380 soon. Since i will fly alone i would like to choose a window seat but not sure in row 1 or 2.

Which row is to prefer?

Is it noisy in row 2 from the galley?
I prefer seat 2A - never had a problem with galley noise.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:17 am

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with their First class seats.
Their service and food were great, but that seat is seriously strange.
Controlling is very random, I had a hard time finding a really comfortable
lounging position. Sleeping is good, mattress is great etc, but the seat
is just too complicated and weird without any simple control system.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:23 pm

I'm flying QR 909 in J for the first time in July and was wondering if there were any tips on visiting the bar. Does the bar get uncomfortably crowded at certain times or has the novelty worn off for some? As it's my first time on the A380 I'm keen to spend a bit of time at the bar at a reasonable hour without having to fight for space.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by pweekes
I'm flying QR 909 in J for the first time in July and was wondering if there were any tips on visiting the bar. Does the bar get uncomfortably crowded at certain times or has the novelty worn off for some? As it's my first time on the A380 I'm keen to spend a bit of time at the bar at a reasonable hour without having to fight for space.
Any tips/ experiences?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:04 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by pweekes
Any tips/ experiences?
I was on QR909 in February. After the take-off and meal service almost everybody wanted to sleep, so we had a nice 2hrs long chat in the bar with one fellow traveller and FA serving the bar at that moment.

Visited again in the morning after breakfast - no one there either at that moment.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by HJP
I was on QR909 in February. After the take-off and meal service almost everybody wanted to sleep, so we had a nice 2hrs long chat in the bar with one fellow traveller and FA serving the bar at that moment.

Visited again in the morning after breakfast - no one there either at that moment.
Great, thanks for the information and just what I wanted to hear. Am planning on trying to stay up late to help beat the jet lag at my final destination so looking forward to spending some time at the bar.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: QR Platinum OWE, LH SEN
I have hade the same experience on my past 2 A380 flights. The bar is mostly an empty place.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by Dschaimz
I have hade the same experience on my past 2 A380 flights. The bar is mostly an empty place.
The most people I've ever seen in the bar is about 6-8. With that number it's still quite spacious and comfortable.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:23 am

Programs: BA*G
A380 bar varies in numbers... depending on times and legs. When I spoke to the FAs, appears the US and Paris bound routes have more bar visitors. DOH-SYD legs, usually 5-6 visitors at most during the start of the journey, and often empty second half of the journey.

The bar is a good place for a relaxing pre/post meal drinks and is an impressive space considering you're on a plane.

If visiting from F I have often found the FAs will accompany you / make the bar aware (discretely) a guest from F has joined .. while I did not notice a huge difference when joining from J it's a nice touch and you'll rarely need to ask for a refill.
Kölner likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I recently talked to a FA and she said that the bar is busier on the BKK flights than on others. On my CDG-DOH flight recently, I was the only one for quite a while, with maybe 4 people during 'peak'.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
On to and from London, I have never seen more than 4-5 persons at any one time at the Bar.

(the only exception was my last QR4 where a group of Engineers heading to Auckland decided to empty the plane of all Corona and Heineken)
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
The novelty of having a bar onboard seems to be wearing off. I recall crowded bars when EK first introduced them on their 380. These days, as mentioned by many, I haven't noticed more than 4/5 people at a time; the exception being a recent CDG - DOH flight, which had a group connecting to DXB for a 40th birthday celebration.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:24 pm

Question about seat selection in Y

Hey all
Just a question about row 74 in Y on the A380. Does anyone know if it has limited recline being that it is against the bulkhead? Want to select this row for my family of 4

cheers
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Emma Rose Carter
Hey all
Just a question about row 74 in Y on the A380. Does anyone know if it has limited recline being that it is against the bulkhead? Want to select this row for my family of 4

cheers
Emma Rose Carter welcome to FlyerTalk and especially to the QR forum.

If you look at post 4 of this thread you will see that row 74 is mentioned as having limited recline.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: Qf Platinum
Bars always been quiet on 909/908 anytime I've used it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.