Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Morgo
Print Wikipost

Current QR Sale Fares

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2016, 8:40 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Is it normal for QR to advertise a sale which cannot be booked at all? Or is there a special trick to getting the prices they advertise here: http://www.qatarairways.com/no/en/special-offers.page#?

I have tried multiple routes, multiple dates, etc. It is also not a promotion for 2 traveling together.

As an aside, the 'business promo' fare they do offer (at 1,5 times the advertised rate) does book in "I".
Normal? No. Has it happened before? Yes, a few months ago.

Check back on Tuesday and the fares will likely be loaded.

QR's IT team can be a bit keen, and tend to advertise on the Special Offers page, despite the fares not yet being available.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 9:06 am

henkybaby Denmark, Norway and Sweden all have great difficulty using the 'offers' software. Norway have tried to sell flights up to two months after last flight date!
Neither Norway nor Denmark have loaded the correct prices. So you need to have patience until someone in OSL is informed of the problem and reacts.

Both, of course, will blame e-commerce in DOH but the legal responsibility is theirs.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Ok, thanks guys! I will be keeping an eye on it, as they seem to be very good. Too bad about the limited travel period.

Maybe it is a good idea to have a historic overview of sale prices. I have only a few datapoints, but if anyone is keen to make it, I am happy to help! The QR sales prices seem very... ehm... fluent. When I booked my €890 r/t OSL-CPT in J, there were prices anywhere between that and €1200...
Old Mar 27, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Ok, thanks guys! I will be keeping an eye on it, as they seem to be very good. Too bad about the limited travel period.

Maybe it is a good idea to have a historic overview of sale prices. I have only a few datapoints, but if anyone is keen to make it, I am happy to help! The QR sales prices seem very... ehm... fluent. When I booked my €890 r/t OSL-CPT in J, there were prices anywhere between that and €1200...
I usually try and keep a few data-points in the WIKI, but when it is edited, the are often removed by those unsure as to why they were left in the first place!

Datapoints for QR are not always helpful, purely because their pricing and Sale times are not always predictable.

I'm happy to help with creating a Historic Fare list, but can we defer it until later next month...busy over the next couple of weeks creating Seating Threads to be added to the new :-::-: QR Dashboard:-::-:
Old Mar 28, 2016, 4:15 am

The Norway QR sale fares have now been loaded.
They book into R.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 5:18 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by G-BOAA
They book into R.
Uhoh.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by G-BOAA
The Norway QR sale fares have now been loaded.
They book into R.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 5:38 am

Can't find R class on the ba club, no tier point for that booking class?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by vstgn
It's a (very) new booking class for QR. We don't know if it earns any points yet, or at what rate. BAEC are saying it doesn't earn anything, because it's not on their lists (yet), but it *does* earn at the same rate as I on Qmiles.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by vstgn
I have been advised by the GGL Line, that you will not earn TierPoints or Avios with BAEC for R Class QR bookings.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They also do not earn on AAdvantage. Seems QR's own programme is the one to use for these, as they are treated the same as I-class fares there.

For now (maybe systems need to be updated, contracts signed, etc) it seems R only earns at QR. www.wheretocredit.com/qatar-airways/r
Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Datapoints for QR are not always helpful, purely because their pricing and Sale times are not always predictable.

I'm happy to help with creating a Historic Fare list, but can we defer it until later next month
It has been done for us. Have a look at this post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26399110-post13.html

Spreadsheet and all.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Bought D class ticket on Amex Platinum website for AMS to BKK in May for c£2,900 for two, which I thought was not too bad. Not sure it was a sale, however.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Bought D class ticket on Amex Platinum website for AMS to BKK in May for c£2,900 for two, which I thought was not too bad. Not sure it was a sale, however.
If you're happy, that is all that counts.

It is a completely normal price for that route. Wee bit expensive even. If you weren't aiming specifically for AMS the best current price is around £980 exOSL.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're happy, that is all that counts.

It is a completely normal price for that route. Wee bit expensive even. If you weren't aiming specifically for AMS the best current price from Europe is around £980 exOSL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.