Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
I have a question about access to Al Safwa for an upcoming flight:

I have a business class (paid) ticket booked DOH-AMM-CAI, it is on RJ ticket stock but I am booked on flight RJ3802 which is QR400 for the DOH-AMM segment. On the RJ ticket it says business class (RJ has no first class), but QR operates the flight and on their webpage "manage my booking" it shows first class (no business class on QR for AMM). As QR is the operating carrier, I will check in with them. Any one know if I'll get Al Safwa access (technically I am flying QR metal in booked F). Anyone have experience with this situation?

Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by UAworldwide
I have a question about access to Al Safwa for an upcoming flight:

I have a business class (paid) ticket booked DOH-AMM-CAI, it is on RJ ticket stock but I am booked on flight RJ3802 which is QR400 for the DOH-AMM segment. On the RJ ticket it says business class (RJ has no first class), but QR operates the flight and on their webpage "manage my booking" it shows first class (no business class on QR for AMM). As QR is the operating carrier, I will check in with them. Any one know if I'll get Al Safwa access (technically I am flying QR metal in booked F). Anyone have experience with this situation?

Thanks!
Yes you will have Al Safwa access.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Will they let you use the nap rooms if originating in DOH and flying F (and there are more than 4 hrs until flight departure)?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by 1353513636
Will they let you use the nap rooms if originating in DOH and flying F (and there are more than 4 hrs until flight departure)?
I'm fairly certain that once you are admitted to Al Safwa, you have full use of the facilities there. So, I would say yes.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:53 pm

Is there any rule to entering the lounge twice in one day. We arrive from a long haul J early in the morning at 05:00, then depart in F at 01:00. What I planned for us to do was grab a quick snooze in the private sleeping room on arrival with breakfast, leave to explore Doha for the day, then return to the lounge at night before our F flight to Muscat. I also assume there is space to leave our hand luggage within Al Safwa for the entire day?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 6:01 pm

It's generally frowned upon to leave your bags in any lounge while you're away from the airport, but I've done pretty much what you've describing in Al Mourjan without any issues, although for a shorter time than you're planning.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Al Mourjan has large lockers with combination locks, work the same way that the ones in hotel rooms do. They easily hold my TravelPro carryon and my hefty 17" screen laptop. I have no qualms at all about leaving stuff in the lockers, and do it regularly.
Flamenguista likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Considering doing this on Wednesday as have 10 hours between flights.

After I have gone through transfers and lefty bag in AM, What I'd the best way to exit?
​​​​​​Edit: apologies didn't realise I was in AS thread!

Last edited by stewaran; Feb 3, 2018 at 5:40 am
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by stewaran
Considering doing this on Wednesday as have 10 hours between flights.

After I have gone through transfers and lefty bag in AM, What I'd the best way to exit?
​​​​​​Edit: apologies didn't realise I was in AS thread!
Have a look in DIY Tour of Doha, especially post 18
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:47 pm

what's the al safwa lounge champagne now?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
When I went in November it was Taittinger Comtes De Champagne 2006 (Not Krug or Dom )
I'm underage btw.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:54 pm

billecart comtes philipponnat and la grande dame i believe
Old Feb 15, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by 1353513636
I did this in last november with less than 4 hours until departure without any problems.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:28 pm

They have a special Chinese New Year dinner menu on at the moment, in addition to the regular menu. Two days only apparently
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
billecart comtes philipponnat and la grande dame i believe
Still La Grande Dame last night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.