Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:36 am

Does anyone feel the breakfast offering at Al Safwa is really meh? Just eggs, eggs and more eggs…
Old Oct 29, 2022, 12:23 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Does anyone feel the breakfast offering at Al Safwa is really meh? Just eggs, eggs and more eggs…
They can't make a decent croissant :-(
Old Oct 29, 2022, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Mostly eggs but there are also options without eggs.
Link for the November 2021 menu at Al Safwa: https://pdfhost.io/v/WAjutLHgB_alsafwadiningen

Edit: The QR-code link probably changed so updated to mention that the menu was for November 2021.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
I'm currently at Al Safwa - had no problems entering as a QR Platinum with an economy ticket upgraded to business with Qcredits. Lounge busier than I expected and no free beds until 6am sadly, but still plenty of seats and recliners.
lifeonthego_k and Loungeabout like this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:19 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by XmaX
no free beds until 6am sadly
At what hour did you inquire?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Hi to all,

My partner is flying in business class SYD-DOH-ARN on Sunday, upgraded with Q credits. Originally both legs were QR operated but yesterday he got a notification from checkmytrip, the DOH-ARN flight is QR codeshare and operated by Finnair. Does he still get access to Al Safwa as a QR platinum member? TIA.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
Hi to all,

My partner is flying in business class SYD-DOH-ARN on Sunday, upgraded with Q credits. Originally both legs were QR operated but yesterday he got a notification from checkmytrip, the DOH-ARN flight is QR codeshare and operated by Finnair. Does he still get access to Al Safwa as a QR platinum member? TIA.
AY had stated that they would use their new business seats on this route. PLease confirm and ask for a flight review.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Originally Posted by brunos
AY had stated that they would use their new business seats on this route. PLease confirm and ask for a flight review.
Hi again,

Apologies but I just found out that the flight DOH-ARN will be in economy class instead. Hopefully there´d be another time.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by dayone
At what hour did you inquire?
I have passed through AS a few times the last few weeks entering between 2am - 5am and there always was a wait for a room, AS is really busy and rooms start to become available 7am-ish onwards when the morning flights start leaving

There was a wait list for the male showers as well, I told them where I would be and someone came and fetched me from the smoking room once it had been cleaned and was ready
Old Nov 5, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by ziek
I have passed through AS a few times the last few weeks entering between 2am - 5am and there always was a wait for a room, AS is really busy and rooms start to become available 7am-ish onwards when the morning flights start leaving

There was a wait list for the male showers as well, I told them where I would be and someone came and fetched me from the smoking room once it had been cleaned and was ready
Similar to my experience twice in the last couple of weeks also - tried at 6pm-ish and told all rooms were full for the next few hours, sorry; on the return tried at 2am or so and told there were already 6 different people on the waitlist for rooms so wasn't going to happen even in a few hours. The fact this now happens connecting from longhaul F to longhaul F is a bit rubbish. Coupled with the fact it was impossible to get rooms at the airside hotels, my seat onboard both flights on the return leg was broken in F and I was basically ignored in the restaurant on the 2am visit, it was really not QR's finest hour.

On the plus side, I got to try the direct boarding from Al Safwa for the first time since my flight was a bus gate.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 9:40 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
my seat onboard both flights on the return leg was broken in F
Sorry to hear about your experience. Was there any service recovery for the broken seat?
Old Nov 6, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: chase sapphire
AS access on business C

flying thru DOH on business C fare and the QR site shows "Access to AS included". Anyone experienced this before? After reading some negative comments about SF should I try it anyway or use AM instead?
Old Nov 6, 2022, 3:23 pm

Ignore: just realized they're referring to a different lounge - First Class Lounge - whatever it is.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 3:50 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

@alexff Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 4:07 pm

thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.