Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
RJ dont have First class.
Originally Posted by aburabei
Rj only fly business no first class
Thanks, I'm sure Google would have told me too
Old Oct 22, 2015, 1:42 pm

OW First class customers are customers on any OW flight traveling in F. And as a result of the rules quoted below any customer traveling OW long haul F and continuing on in any class on any OW short haul flight. Access to Al Safwa is also assured in these situations.

There are different rules for QR and OW precisely to encompass OWs wider definition. Since all QR flights are by definition OW flights then the OW rule is the only one applicable.

" First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa)."

"Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight."
Old Oct 22, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by remdk
OW First class customers are customers on any OW flight traveling in F. And as a result of the rules quoted below any customer traveling OW long haul F and continuing on in any class on any OW short haul flight. Access to Al Safwa is also assured in these situations.

There are different rules for QR and OW precisely to encompass OWs wider definition. Since all QR flights are by definition OW flights then the OW rule is the only one applicable.

" First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa)."

"Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight."
All flights from DOH are international. As mentioned above if you come from an international flight in F greater than 5 hours you will be allowed access. Every non-GCC flight with F is over 5 hours.

You will not get access if you come from J and leave in Y on the short leg, even if you are OWE.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
All flights from DOH are international. As mentioned above if you come from an international flight in F greater than 5 hours you will be allowed access. Every non-GCC flight with F is over 5 hours.

You will not get access if you come from J and leave in Y on the short leg, even if you are OWE.
I don't think that is what remdk was trying to say. Just that (for example) if you are flying QR Y to DXB to connect to QF F to LHR, as DXB-LHR is a Oneworld International Long Haul flight, you get access to al-Safwa at DOH even though your flight leaving DOH is not in First (because it is a Oneworld International Short Haul Flight connecting to a Oneworld International Long Haul Flight).
Old Oct 22, 2015, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

I don't think the Al Safwa is available to anyone except QR F pax. The Oneworld website wording, I suspect, may be incorrect. Al Safwa is likely a Concorde Room with a different name, with its very own rules. Anyone who is flying BA F out of DOH can test it but I doubt they will gain access.

That said, I do have two QR F flights coming up, one long-haul F into a intra-GCC F flight but I am positive someone else will get to post the pictures before I get there.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 2:42 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Al Safwa from an inside(r) - OPENING YES!!

Photos! Photos! Photos!....
Old Oct 22, 2015, 2:55 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by stargold
Quote:Maybe he's in AUH right now, as we speak, taking secret photos of the other ridiculously delayed lounge
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Lol! Great, great call stargold! That made my day.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by HB7
Photos! Photos! Photos!....
At Least a first hand report .....
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Top of climb
I don't think that is what remdk was trying to say. Just that (for example) if you are flying QR Y to DXB to connect to QF F to LHR, as DXB-LHR is a Oneworld International Long Haul flight, you get access to al-Safwa at DOH even though your flight leaving DOH is not in First (because it is a Oneworld International Short Haul Flight connecting to a Oneworld International Long Haul Flight).
I would say the odds of that passenger getting access is about the same as snow at DOH in August.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by remdk
ITS OPEN!
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access says "The Lounge is opening on the 22OCT2015 from 18 Hours onwards. "
In HIA business lounge now and the First lounge is definitely open 👍
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by gallagher
In HIA business lounge now and the First lounge is definitely open 👍
Those lounges are different from the premium lounges.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by skunker
Those lounges are different from the premium lounges.
Sorry - let me be more specific:

I'm currently in the Al Mourjan lounge and the Al Safwa lounge is definitely open ^^
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold/AF Gold/HHonors Gold/AMEX Plat/Bonvoy Gold/TAP Miles and Go Gold
I will transit via DOH in First on the 4th November and will for sure visit Al Safwa and promise many pictures in case no one posts some here.

Cheers!
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:50 pm

I have a 16-hour layover planned for the Al-Safwa next weekend. I'm bringing my DSLR!
Old Oct 22, 2015, 5:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Will be there tomorrow (23rd) night! Will be sure to fill everyone in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.