Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by HB7
OnePassenger mentioned that it would be by November. But I can understand your excitement - and it does like it would be ready to open now
I think one of the original rumors said it would be open this week....
Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:29 pm

Just last night I was in HIA and ask 4 to 5 staff member in al mourjan lounge , including one Senior Arabic staff
Al Safwa is totally ready and no further work on it, just wait the management decision to open it . all of them say next month but no one is sure, even I hope this week because I have another first class flight
Some more details I got
Three Fountain inside . Center Bar , Live kitchen cooking , Double Size Smoking Area , Duty Free with some unique Product and Custom Tailor, museum .
More details I will try to get next week

Last edited by aburabei; Oct 18, 2015 at 10:23 pm
Old Oct 18, 2015, 10:45 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I think one of the original rumors said it would be open this week....
I hope that is correct and it is open this week....
Old Oct 18, 2015, 11:06 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Damn and to think I'm flying CDG to DOH in F, but then to DEL in J because I didn't think this would be open anyways.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 11:12 pm
HB7

Originally Posted by aburabei
, Double Size Smoking Area , Duty Free with some unique Product and Custom Tailor, museum .
More details I will try to get next week
I love the idea of a custom tailor - although I'm not sure what the point is? I assume people will be spending between 30 mins to possibly 2 or 3 hours in the lounge?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 11:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jubbing
Damn and to think I'm flying CDG to DOH in F, but then to DEL in J because I didn't think this would be open anyways.
Depending on what the unpublished rules end up being finally, you might still be eligible (since there is no F to DEL)
Old Oct 19, 2015, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
You will have access if open...

Originally Posted by jubbing
With CDG DOH being >5hours in F, you will have access to Al Safwa if continuing in J to DEL -- that is if the doors are open..
Old Oct 19, 2015, 7:26 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by HB7
I love the idea of a custom tailor - although I'm not sure what the point is? I assume people will be spending between 30 mins to possibly 2 or 3 hours in the lounge?
Perhaps the tailor will iron your suit and shirts...not a bad service to be honest.

Alternatively, perhaps they will make a suit for you, ready to be collected upon your return to HIA.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: The Embassy
I saw a young English guy, about my age, totally lose his .... with the helpdesk people in Al Mourjan on the basis that there was nowhere to get a shirt pressed...
Old Oct 19, 2015, 7:57 am
HB7

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I have taken this from the BA forum, originally posted by Ldnn1

As posted earlier today:

Heads up TP runners! CX cancelling DOH-HKG from 15/02/16
CX is cancelling its DOH-HKG service with effect from 15/02/16, according to Business Traveller. This is a shame as it was a very useful flight for TP runners.

Anyone booked on this service will need to review their itineraries. You will likely be rebooked on the QR DOH-HKG service but this may cause havoc with your itinerary as the timings are very different. Or you may get rerouted on a more direct service to HKG ex-Europe which will impact TP earnings.

The flights still seem to be available in the GDS but I imagine will start disappearing from bookings soon
Not sure what this has to do with Al-Safwa lounge?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:18 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by HB7
Not sure what this has to do with Al-Safwa lounge?
Ah, thats where I put it!
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:12 pm

Would this change access rules for Al Mourjan Business Lounge?
So FF can access it?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 3:09 pm

MBlv QR is once again protecting its Premium classes so the short answer is NO. It has twice admitted OWE and OWS into Al Mourjan and there were constant complaints about overcrowding so QR seem to be introducing the same rules as in the old Premium Terminal. It is your departure class that decides access. OW have introduced some new rules regarding transfer passengers but everything else seems to be unchanged. But this is QR so anything could happen.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by MBlv
Would this change access rules for Al Mourjan Business Lounge?
So FF can access it?
Nope
Old Oct 20, 2015, 5:57 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by OnePassenger
With CDG DOH being >5hours in F, you will have access to Al Safwa if continuing in J to DEL -- that is if the doors are open..
Well fingers crossed they open by 14th/15th November! Doubt it though, but toesies crossed anyways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.