Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, M&M HON & SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Flyiboy
I assume you will going LHR-DOH-JNB ?
QR does have 1st on the LHR-DOH route but not to JNB
I don't think that you will have access to the AL-Sawfa Lounge whilst connnecting. Perhaps on the return if you do 1st..
Yes, the stopover is at DOH for 7 hours.

I've just double checked and there isn't a F product from DOH to JNB which is annoying but also explains the pricing when I called.

Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
Guys, flying CDG-DOH-ADD. Flight CDG-DOH in F (arriving 23:35) and DOH-ADD in J (departing next day 20:15), thus I have a 20 hour layover (no other flight from DOH to ADD available). According to the wiki, I will be granted access to Al Safwa since my F flight is more than 5 hours. I am planning to spend some hours in the lounge on arrival and then hit the city in the morning for some hours. Would I still be granted access to Al Safwa when I come back? Or would I be redirected to Al Mourhan?
Hi toastedcafe, are you flying on a paid ticket on QR? If yes, you will be entitled for STPC.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by RUN4FUN
Hi toastedcafe, are you flying on a paid ticket on QR? If yes, you will be entitled for STPC.
RUN4FUN, paid ticket and already have STPC.. thus will arrive , Hit Al Safwa for some food and drinks.. then hotel for some sleeping and pool time , --and then back to Al Safwa some some hours before my flight! Life can be sweet sometimes
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:16 am

I was at the Al Safwa today, and they were celebrating the first anniversary of the lounge.
As part of the celebration, they had a special dining menu with better food options than the regular menu.
I was told this anniversary special menu will only last for 3 days starting today (10/21), although they _may_ extend it.
The food was good!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
The food should always be good!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Excellent timing

Originally Posted by agjil
I was told this anniversary special menu will only last for 3 days starting today (10/21), although they _may_ extend it.
Can't wait to give it a try. Get in ex SYD on Monday morning and transit to AUH in first. Can't wait for my first QR experience after many EK flights.

Cheers from Brisbane,

pswissoz
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: QFF
I am travelling syd-doh-lhr on QR/BA in F.

Will I get in?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 2:01 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by somebol
I am travelling syd-doh-lhr on QR/BA in F.

Will I get in?
You will do. First of all you are coming of an QR F flight which is longer than 5 hrs (Syd-Doh). Alternatively, you are departing on a OW F flight from DOH.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 2:56 am

I disagree. Departing in OW F does not guarantee access. Still surprises me so many people here think that it does, based on the occasional OW F passenger being granted access. I actually have yet to see a BA passenger granted access whereas I've seen plenty denied access.

The correct advice would be YMMV. Try your luck but it is NOT QR policy and it's misleading for people here to continue to promulgate unverified, incorrect information.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 3:05 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Phaze
I disagree. Departing in OW F does not guarantee access. Still surprises me so many people here think that it does, based on the occasional OW F passenger being granted access. I actually have yet to see a BA passenger granted access whereas I've seen plenty denied access.

The correct advice would be YMMV. Try your luck but it is NOT QR policy and it's misleading for people here to continue to promulgate unverified, incorrect information.
Somebol - You will be granted access to the Al Safwa due to your incoming flight from SYD being in F.

Phaze - While I am usually one of the first to say that the Lounge Agents are unreliable, I have been granted access to the Al Safwa (on BA F boarding passes) four times in the past 2 months. At no stage have I been questioned, and there were a few other BA F passengers in the lounge too (on my flights).

M
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I'll be transiting through DOH soon connecting to India in C, but since I have a twelve hour connection in DOH (purposely so I could do a Doha City Tour) was curious if anyone has had experience double booking themselves onto a DOH-DXB/AUH flight in F just to use the Al Safwa lounge. Since I'll only have access to Al Majouran lounge, I was thinking of using points to book a late PM flight to DXB or something just to get access to the F lounge, but then take my needed flight to India. Any reports of doing this?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
I'll be transiting through DOH soon connecting to India in C, but since I have a twelve hour connection in DOH (purposely so I could do a Doha City Tour) was curious if anyone has had experience double booking themselves onto a DOH-DXB/AUH flight in F just to use the Al Safwa lounge. Since I'll only have access to Al Majouran lounge, I was thinking of using points to book a late PM flight to DXB or something just to get access to the F lounge, but then take my needed flight to India. Any reports of doing this?
You certainly can do this. Book a refundable intra Middle East F ticket and cancel it once inside the lounge.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:11 am

weirdlyndon many have tried to gain access to Al Safwa by booking local flightd snd to judge from this forum all have failed. I cannot recall seeing one post that actually succeeded but it may have have happened.
With regard to the Doh City Tours remember that there are only four each day and that they, especially the first and last, sell out quickly.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by remdk
weirdlyndon many have tried to gain access to Al Safwa by booking local flightd snd to judge from this forum all have failed. I cannot recall seeing one post that actually succeeded but it may have have happened.
With regard to the Doh City Tours remember that there are only four each day and that they, especially the first and last, sell out quickly.
How has this method been unsuccessful?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
How has this method been unsuccessful?
Not that I condone it, but unless one is stupid in execution, I'm not sure why OP believes there have been many attempts and no successes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.