Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
You could try and be cheeky. Have two of you enter, then 20 minutes later one of you leave the lounge with the two boarding passes, and then come back with your other family member. The first time go up the escalators, and the second time go up in the lift. The second time tell the person checking the boarding passes you were here earlier, and had gone shopping. Should work.
Teaching people how to gain access to facilities & amenities they're not entitled to.

Originally Posted by stargold
And to think people complain about overcrowdedness in lounges...
Exactly.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
You could try and be cheeky. Have two of you enter, then 20 minutes later one of you leave the lounge with the two boarding passes, and then come back with your other family member. The first time go up the escalators, and the second time go up in the lift. The second time tell the person checking the boarding passes you were here earlier, and had gone shopping. Should work.
Brilliant! Thanks. I would hate to have a teen waiting outside for 10 hours.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by imm2b
Brilliant! Thanks. I would hate to have a teen waiting outside for 10 hours.
Have you thought about a hotel room or the day spa? 10 hrs inside a lounge which is just a buffet will drive you and your family mad. I'm with the other guys on this one I am afraid. Don't think you should be dodging the system .
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by wavery83
Have you thought about a hotel room or the day spa? 10 hrs inside a lounge which is just a buffet will drive you and your family mad. I'm with the other guys on this one I am afraid. Don't think you should be dodging the system .
Agreed.

http://dohahamadairport.com/relax/airport-hotel
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by wavery83
Unfortunately, this is not for me. If it were me, I would get a hotel or go out to town. I'm asking for family friends who are elders and a teen with limited English. They would have a hard time finding the lounge, let alone the hotel. They would gladly pay to access the lounge if that was an option. Is the hotel inside the airport?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Is the hotel inside the airport?
Yes. You don't even leave the terminal.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Yes. You don't even leave the terminal.
Excellent! I think they would rather have a comfortable bed than stay in the lounge for 10 hours.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: The Embassy
Make sure the hotel is booked in advance
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Excellent! I think they would rather have a comfortable bed than stay in the lounge for 10 hours.
http://hiahotel.com/
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
The idea of using the HIA hotel is a good one, a much better idea than cheating the airline, which wasn't 'brilliant' at all.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
QR Lounges at HIA

We used the hotel on our recent trip to The Maldives, BA>QA, we had a 9.5 hour layover overnight, managed to sleep well, they charged us QAR620, and on the return we had 12 hour during the day, for QAR720. Well worth it for getting away from the people in the main terminal. Booked on line, then sent the booking reference to the hotel, and they corrected the rate to the hourly booking
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
And what shall Safwa be called? "Al Wait"?
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
'Al Believe It When It Happens'
^
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by impeymac
The idea of using the HIA hotel is a good one, a much better idea than cheating the airline, which wasn't 'brilliant' at all.
Tough crowd!

I wish the airline allowed family traveling together some ways to access via payments. The convoluted rules regarding lounge access doesn't help matter either.

Two elders in their 80s and a young person with limited English who are not frequent travelers going through Doha...10 hours layover....As someone said, yes, the buffet, but they can't eat much and they don't drink alcohol, so sleep is what they are after. I'm glad the hotel is available for them....
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:34 am

I wish the airline allowed family traveling together some ways to access via payments.
They do.

Pay for a ticket beside the other family members.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by ft101
They do.

Pay for a ticket beside the other family members.
The easiest, most straightforward solution that no-one ever wants to hear

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.