Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR 2 for 1 business class promotion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by marcelduchamp
Hi correctioncx and Stnf, may I ask which destination were those tickets at that price, to? Most European destinations are now coming up at around HKD 24k all-in (per pax).
Enter LHR and exit anywhere else to get the lower fares. 24k is still not bad. I'm booked in D class. What is the fare basis u bring up?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Tickets are changeable for a fee but can they be changed past the advertised travel period if there's availability in the respective booking class ?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by marcelduchamp
Hi correctioncx and Stnf, may I ask which destination were those tickets at that price, to? Most European destinations are now coming up at around HKD 24k all-in (per pax).
Hi marcelduchamp, I can't remember at all but I believe most of the Europe destinations are at the same price. Anyway that promotion had ended on 6 Nov.

My friend just take the HKG-BCN-HKG trip 1.5 weeks ago for a cruise trip starting in Barcelona; he brought the ticket in Sept and it cost him around 24,000 (no 2 for 1 at that time)

Last edited by Stnf; Nov 8, 2013 at 7:51 pm Reason: more details
Old Nov 9, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
Hi correctioncx and Stnf! Thanks for your replies!

On QR's HKG site, it says the promo is available till 14 Nov. Maybe it has been extended? But it does seem that the promo prices may not be popping up if the results are still around HKD 48,000 (HKD 24,000 per person)? I think it books into D class.

I tried the open-jaw method (into LHR; out of BRU) but it seems to work out to HKD 59,000 (HKD 29,000 per person). The fare classes were C to LHR, I from BRU. I haven't got round to trying other combinations though.

Last edited by marcelduchamp; Nov 9, 2013 at 6:12 am
Old Nov 11, 2013, 4:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bluegreentravel
Seems like there's a "promotion" every fortnight
Yet another promotion! 3 Day Sale now on.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller
Yet another promotion! 3 Day Sale now on.
And this (more expensive) 3 day promotion is overlaying the cheaper 2 for 1 C promo in those countries where it is still bookable when trying to book flights online although the cheaper prices show up on the price overview page (one booking step ahead). I called the QR call centre and was able to put an option on two C tickets at the price of the 2 for 1 promo. Go figure, QR's IT department
Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:12 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Made a ex-ARN booking yesterday and I was able to "play the game" with the booking engine

You need to take multi-city option, even if you are not doing multi-city trip. This will bring you the 2for1 prices available. This offer is valid for few more days.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Silver; BA Amex PP; Accor Plat
Originally Posted by temppa
Made a ex-ARN booking yesterday and I was able to "play the game" with the booking engine

You need to take multi-city option, even if you are not doing multi-city trip. This will bring you the 2for1 prices available. This offer is valid for few more days.
Thanks for the tip, it's certainly helping, although I'm not really seeing the fares on the promo page. I assume these cheap fares have all sold out now?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by FlyingNelly
I assume these cheap fares have all sold out now?
What's the dates and route you are after? I was able to find lot for alternatives to Asia from LHR in J for 3200£ for two around Christmas.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Silver; BA Amex PP; Accor Plat
What's the dates and route you are after? I was able to find lot for alternatives to Asia from LHR in J for 3200£ for two around Christmas.
Towards the end of the promo (anytime in March really) and ideally from a ski location so GVA, ZRH, MXP etc, to either BKK or PNH or HKT or even MLE. But for example the French sale home page has CDG to MLE for €2,200 but that fare doesn't seem to be available, and I'm finding lots of examples like that. Think I've given up now, it was just an idea as we'd probably be in Europe to ski anyway so thought we might manage to create an add-on.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingNelly
Towards the end of the promo (anytime in March really) and ideally from a ski location so GVA, ZRH, MXP etc, to either BKK.
Plenty of alternatives from MXP to BKK for 2500€ for two at March. Just take the routing like this MXP-BKK, BKK-DOH-MXP.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:50 am

That doesn't quite work, after I fill in the passenger details it tells me:

Error Message(s)
We are unable to confirm the fare for the flights you have selected. Please choose a different fare or flights and resubmit your request. (15012 - 23951)

- REQUEST REJECTED

I'm trying to find MAD-EZE
Old Nov 13, 2013, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
That doesn't quite work, after I fill in the passenger details it tells me:

Error Message(s)
We are unable to confirm the fare for the flights you have selected. Please choose a different fare or flights and resubmit your request. (15012 - 23951)

- REQUEST REJECTED

I'm trying to find MAD-EZE
MAD-EZE on Qatar? THat seems a bit of a long way to get there - 85% longer than direct.

I tried looking at normal fares for LHR-GRU, and it wouldn't give me those. Did it actually give you an option for MAD-EZE?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
MAD-EZE on Qatar? THat seems a bit of a long way to get there - 85% longer than direct.

I tried looking at normal fares for LHR-GRU, and it wouldn't give me those. Did it actually give you an option for MAD-EZE?

Yes, EUR 3045 for 2, also from BCN.

Plenty of avail. in Feb. and March. but not exactly when I want to go.

Mentioned in the BA Tier Point runs thread.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Yes, EUR 3045 for 2, also from BCN.

Plenty of avail. in Feb. and March. but not exactly when I want to go.

Mentioned in the BA Tier Point runs thread.
Mm, interesting. I couldn't get it to price up anything from London, even though the circuity is slightly lower than from Madrid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.