FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   QR 2 for 1 business class promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1518981-qr-2-1-business-class-promotion.html)

BlackBerryAddict Nov 5, 2013 3:08 pm

QR 2 for 1 business class promotion

Since QR has now joined oneworld, I'm paying a bit more attention to them, and noticed they are currently running a 2 for 1 business class promotion. The travel period is until 31 Mar 2014 - which is just before I'd like to travel. Do these promotions come round frequently, or is this a one-off

AddictedTraveller Nov 5, 2013 6:48 pm

Qatar have started up their 2 for 1 again for the UK until 1st May.

2 for 1 on Business and Economy for Ex-UK

bluegreentravel Nov 5, 2013 7:05 pm

Seems like there's a "promotion" every fortnight ;):D

AddictedTraveller Nov 5, 2013 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by bluegreentravel (Post 21734894)
Seems like there's a "promotion" every fortnight ;):D

hahaha :D

Annalisa12 Nov 6, 2013 3:34 am

Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict (Post 21733712)
Since QR has now joined oneworld, I'm paying a bit more attention to them, and noticed they are currently running a 2 for 1 business class promotion. The travel period is until 31 Mar 2014 - which is just before I'd like to travel. Do these promotions come round frequently, or is this a one-off

I'm trying to find a mention of this on their website. I wanted to see if it really is 2 for 1 or if the price is hiked up.

Guy Betsy Nov 6, 2013 12:11 pm

The 2 for 1 offer is not valid from every city. So you need to check each country.

pebatt Nov 6, 2013 12:31 pm

I have booked for me and my wife MUC-DOH-CPT and return in Business for 1472,00 € each. A really good value and 560 TP.

BlackBerryAddict Nov 6, 2013 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 21739209)
The 2 for 1 offer is not valid from every city. So you need to check each country.

True, but there's one for most of western Europe at the moment. I also booked today for work to PVG/HKG. It works on an open jaw as well. And besides the 540 tier points you get double miles as well.

terminalfive Nov 6, 2013 2:46 pm

QR 2 for 1 business class promotion

On both tickets TP's?

Annalisa12 Nov 6, 2013 10:07 pm

Can you post a link so I can see this. If it is such a good deal I could fly to the country where the special originates?

BlackBerryAddict Nov 7, 2013 2:55 am

Originally Posted by terminalfive (Post 21740165)
On both tickets TP's?

I certainly expect so. The ticket receipt was simply for two tickets with their own fare, each flight in D fare bucket. That is a qualifying flight for BAEC so it should work.

The link is http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/of...promotion.page, but is lists departures from these countries as valid:
Spain,Austria,Sweden,Denmark,Norway,France,Belgium ,Greece,United Kingdom,Italy,Switzerland

correctioncx Nov 7, 2013 10:29 pm

I ought the deal is gone!
The last day is 6 nov.
I bought 2ex hkg to Europe tickets for only 16k hkd all in! Excellent value in j class.

Stnf Nov 8, 2013 12:41 am

Originally Posted by correctioncx (Post 21748165)
The last day is 6 nov.
I bought 2ex hkg to Europe tickets for only 16k hkd all in! Excellent value in j class.

Me too! When I do the booking before there is a preferred leg with only 2 seats at the reduced fare; lucky to get those:p

This fare is even cheaper than CX PE.

BlackBerryAddict Nov 8, 2013 1:59 am

Originally Posted by correctioncx (Post 21748165)
The last day is 6 nov.

I think the promotion dates vary by country/region. The Western European offer runs until 14 November.

marcelduchamp Nov 8, 2013 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Stnf (Post 21748524)
Me too! When I do the booking before there is a preferred leg with only 2 seats at the reduced fare; lucky to get those:p

This fare is even cheaper than CX PE.

Hi correctioncx and Stnf, may I ask which destination were those tickets at that price, to? Most European destinations are now coming up at around HKD 24k all-in (per pax).