Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by somebol
Made an award booking using AA miles all ticketed ok.

But unable to select seats online. I get the following error messages
"We are unable to process your request. Please try again later.(IBE_99)"
"The same frequent flyer number has been entered more than once. Please validate your entries and try again. (1302)"

any ideas on how to proceed?
I was having the same issue and I think I have figured it out. The error should say "more than one FF number has been entered for this reservation" rather than "The same frequent flyer number has been entered more than once". QF's Manage Booking was showing both my AA and QF FF numbers.

I must have looked up this reservation while logged into QF's website and QF added the QF FF number without asking me first. To fix this, I went to CX's Manage Booking page, entered the Amadeus PNR, edited passenger information, where my AA FF number was being shown and replaced it with my QF FF number. After I did that, I was able to select seats on QR's website. The QF site only shows my QF FF number now.

Hope this helps others.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
When did QR switch from Coke to Pepsi ? Very disappointing !

And Bailey's Irish Cream also appears tohave been dropped, from the drinks-list, in Economy.

The enhancements just keep-on-coming !
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:19 pm

Hi, I have a question about the familiy programme: Are points earned before joining the family programme added together in the family account or is a collection of points together only possible after joining the programme?

Last edited by rausmade; Oct 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:37 pm

rausmade welcome to the QR forum.
The family programme consists of a main member and up to nine family members. A simple definition is that ALL PC members are main menmbers unless they are family members.
A main member earns base flight Qmiles, Status Qmiles, and Qpoints for each flight taken. Family members only earn a percentage of base flight Qmiles for the main member. They earn nothing for themselves!
In theory when a main member becomes a family member their existing account is closed and ll accumulated points are lost. I practice I do not know it that actually happens. When a family member wishes to become a main member then they are just removed (or de-linked) from the main member. Here since all Qmiles are in the main member account they are not lost. You cam only earn Qmiles for the main member after you join the family programme not before.
Look at the link family-programme for details.
rausmade likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:47 am

Wow... So it's not a good idea to join the family programme when e.g. both of a married couple have ~100.000 Qmiles. Thanks for this useful information.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Hello! I hope this is the right place for a few assorted questions.
We (me + husband) will be flying OSL-DOH-AKL in a month's time, returning three weeks later. We usually fly BA so have got a few questions I'd appreciate some help with.

1. Our first layover at DOH is 1615-0210. We would like to do the city tour - there are tours at 1800 and 2000. I'm guessing the latter will be best given you have to check in an hour or so before the tour if you pre-book, but would you have any concerns about getting back through security etc. at 11pm for our 0210 flight?

2. If the lounge is as busy as I've read that it can be, is there anywhere else nice to sit and have a coffee/relax in the airport - don't mind paying for a drink if we can avoid the crowds!

3. I read that the airport has a gym - has anyone used it and does it also have showers (I don't think relying on a shower in the lounge is wise based on what I've read!).

4. On the way back we've got a free hotel - the off-site Oryx Rotana. For a flight at 0900, what time would we need to leave the hotel, and does the airline know this and pick you up at the right time? As we land at 0005 I know we won't get much sleep but a guaranteed shower and bit of peace for even a few hours after the AKL-DOH marathon will be good!

Any other things you'd like to share with newbies to both QR and DOH would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for any help 😀
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by saint_em
Hello! I hope this is the right place for a few assorted questions.
We (me + husband) will be flying OSL-DOH-AKL in a month's time, returning three weeks later. We usually fly BA so have got a few questions I'd appreciate some help with.

1. Our first layover at DOH is 1615-0210. We would like to do the city tour - there are tours at 1800 and 2000. I'm guessing the latter will be best given you have to check in an hour or so before the tour if you pre-book, but would you have any concerns about getting back through security etc. at 11pm for our 0210 flight?

2. If the lounge is as busy as I've read that it can be, is there anywhere else nice to sit and have a coffee/relax in the airport - don't mind paying for a drink if we can avoid the crowds!

3. I read that the airport has a gym - has anyone used it and does it also have showers (I don't think relying on a shower in the lounge is wise based on what I've read!).

4. On the way back we've got a free hotel - the off-site Oryx Rotana. For a flight at 0900, what time would we need to leave the hotel, and does the airline know this and pick you up at the right time? As we land at 0005 I know we won't get much sleep but a guaranteed shower and bit of peace for even a few hours after the AKL-DOH marathon will be good!

Any other things you'd like to share with newbies to both QR and DOH would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for any help 😀
1. I would not worry about arriving at the airport around 11pm for a 2am departure. Plenty of time.

2. You don't indicate clearly which lounge you are talking about For the Al Mourjan, it gets busy but not to the level that the terminal is preferable. The business class lounge (status pax in Y) lounge is a different matter.

3. I have not heard that, though I might have to Google that for my next longish layover

4. The hotel is 15 to 20 minutes drive from the airport. I am guessing you don't pick up bags, so just immigration and security. I'd probably aim to leave the hotel around the 2h mark
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
One of the nice things about Al Mourjan is that there are numerous dessert/cold drink/coffee stations set up throughout the lounge. Even if the normal eating areas are crowded, just find a nice place to sit, and there will be one of these dessert/cold drink/coffee stations nearby.

As I understand it, the gym is in the airside hotel. Registered guests of the hotel use it free, others can access it by paying. No idea how much.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond

During your transit times, the Al Mourjan will only really be busy for the midnight rush between approx 12 - 2am as there is a bank of flights departing around this time. During the afternoon/early evening you'll find it pretty empty - almost earily so! Maybe have your showers before your tour when there won't be any wait time - or aim to get back before the rush starts (I would say 11pm would still be just about ok, although it will be starting to get busier).

NB: there is also a morning rush, which you'll probably hit on your return - due to a bank of early morning departures - but it sounds as though you're planning to sleep rather than get to the airport too early, which sounds like a good plan to me!

Enjoy your flights - and of course your holiday
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Thank you all for your help!

I should have clarified, we're non-status passengers travelling in QR business class on purchased rather than award seats.

Glad to hear the lounge isn't likely to be so rammed that getting a seat and a drink is impossible, though noted it'll be quieter when we arrive than when we depart.

​​I found this info on the gym/pool. You can rent gear for playing squash too if you're so inclined: https://dohahamadairport.com/relax/vitality-wellbeing-fitness-centre
purple1addict likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
I'm connecting in Doha from Istanbul to DC, and I have about 6 hours in Doha; I arrive from Istanbul at 2:20am, and my plane leaves at 8:20am.

Is there anything I could do in Doha? I was planning to take a cab, and go to the city center to at least take a photo or two, but any suggestions? Should I just stay in a lounge?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by flyjfk
I'm connecting in Doha from Istanbul to DC, and I have about 6 hours in Doha; I arrive from Istanbul at 2:20am, and my plane leaves at 8:20am.

Is there anything I could do in Doha? I was planning to take a cab, and go to the city center to at least take a photo or two, but any suggestions? Should I just stay in a lounge?
I would just stay in the airport and lounge. Nothing to actually do in the city at the time of day.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:00 am

10 hour transit in Doha

We are looking forward to our first trip in QR business later this month and have an outbound transit from 1600 to 0200.
We want to visit the Souk, Corniche etc independently. As we are UK citizens we do not need a visa
Some questions and any other advice please.
Can we leave our cabin bags somewhere at the airport?
Is it easy to get to get a taxi to and from town?
Do we need local currency or can we use cards for most things?
We will probably get back to the airport by 2200 to enjoy the AM lounge and have a shower but I believe it gets very busy later?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johnalves
We are looking forward to our first trip in QR business later this month and have an outbound transit from 1600 to 0200.
We want to visit the Souk, Corniche etc independently. As we are UK citizens we do not need a visa
Some questions and any other advice please.
Is it easy to get to get a taxi to and from town?
Do we need local currency or can we use cards for most things?
We will probably get back to the airport by 2200 to enjoy the AM lounge and have a shower but I believe it gets very busy later?
Last I did a quick stint in to town, taxis did not take credit card, or at least kept it very secret that they did Don't know if that has changed.

Taxis are very easy to get both at the airport and in the city.

I can recommend visiting the museum of Islamic art, though I don't know if this is within their opening hours.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by johnalves
Yes, there are lockers (which lock!) in Al Mourjan. After you go around the reception desk, turn right and you'll see a podium. To your the of the podium as you're looking at it, you'll see a set of glass doors. The lockers are through these doors. You'll have to show your boarding pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.