Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:11 pm

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I'm still eyeing QR

How is DOH? I'd have two options, either a 55 min or a 7 hr connection (BKK-DOH-AMM) inbound in C, outbound in F (amazing prices!!) Is it worth taking it easy in the Premium Terminal, with spa and dining, or just rush on to the tight connection? Or even getting out to town?
You didnt say what time of day your arrival in DOH would be, but anyway......

I would pick the 7 hour layover if time isnt an issue. When you get to the first class lounge go to the back and see about getting a sleep room. That way you can catch a nap if you desire, and they have a shower facility as well.

The lounge itself is nice, but a little small compared to the J side of the PT. Myself, I would utilize the sleep room and shower, eat, then venture over to the J side.

55 minute layover is doable in DOH, but you dont get the experience of the PT that you are already paying for.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:25 pm
SST

An hour is too short to even GO to the Premium Terminal, and my guess is you willbe bused right to your connection. The 7 hours is a little long for what it offers, but you will get some nice cuisine and a chance to shower up. Probably too short to venture into the city(Souk Waquif is 20 min by taxi, but 100 QAR for the visa, with a potentially long line).

So your call. If enjoying the PT is important, take the longer layover.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: AA, SPG, Hh, Amex MR, Marriott, ICH, VA, CC, LH
Newbie questions

Hi - new to this programme.

1. if I make a reward booking, what are the date revision / cancellation rights?

2. if I would like to make a booking for a friend ( third party ) within the last
5 days / 7 days, prior to departure, is that possible as an online booking or are there special rules?

3. If you book an itinerary where you have all business class but one ( of 4 ) legs is only in economy, is there some sort of waitlist which permits you to be bumped up to the equivalent class of the rest of your journey, where it would result in no difference to the miles tariff cost?

Thanks for any help

Last edited by Flying Bat; Feb 17, 2013 at 9:27 am Reason: further question
Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:38 pm

What's the best way to redeem award travel on Qatar using SPG points? Transferring directly to Qatar or transferring to a partner (ANA, Asiana, Virgin Atlantic)? Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: AA, BA
I checked that it requires 15k points from ABU (ABU DHABI) to DEL (DELHI) on Qmiles on milez biz, but I can't check the taxes and availability for after creating an account with Q-miles maybe since I do not have any miles with them.
Can somebody please check (or if you already happen to know), the amount of taxes to be paid?
And, is it possible to book a one-way award on Qatar using Qmiles, or does it have to be a return only?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:09 am

Last June I flew Qatar MAN-DOH-BKK then BKK-DOH-MAN I forgot to hand over my card at BKK on the way home so had to claim the miles.

The claim got refused due to an 'Invalid Ticket Number' at the time I didn't feel it worth the hassle to get the miles/QPoints as I didn't think I would be using Qatar again in the near future, but I am emigrating to Australia later in the year and after looking at the timetables from the UK to Perth they are looking good and I am considering using Qatar as I enjoyed my experience on the flights last year and with them joining OneWorld next year all is good.

Is there anyway to claim those miles again now or am I too late? They would be handy to have if I went with Qatar. Also if I had received the miles/QPoints then I would have made Burgundy, if I had would the level have stayed for this year?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
Originally Posted by FromTheRail
Is there anyway to claim those miles again now or am I too late?
No, too late.

from QR website:"If you have flown on Qatar Airways and want to claim for a flight that has not been credited to your account, you must complete the form below.

To complete the form, please ensure you have your ticket and boarding pass; that the claim is within 180 days of the flight date and that the claim is not prior to your enrolment into Privilege Club.

Please allow one month for your Qmiles to be credited to your account. Your update balance will be reflected on your next statement.

Note:
Qpoints are credited to the member's account in the corresponding calendar year when the flight transaction took place and not when the request is made."
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:42 am
inY

Is there any way to upgrade a Y fare using partner miles i.e. ANA or US?
Old Mar 10, 2013, 1:12 pm

anybody to answer my previous question in this forum?

Repost:
I checked that it requires 15k points from ABU (ABU DHABI) to DEL (DELHI) on Qmiles on milez biz, but I can't check the taxes and availability for after creating an account with Q-miles maybe since I do not have any miles with them.
Can somebody please check (or if you already happen to know), the amount of taxes to be paid?
And, is it possible to book a one-way award on Qatar using Qmiles, or does it have to be a return only?
Old Mar 10, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
It's possible to book one-way awards.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: EB Diamond - QR Gold - FB Silver
Economy is 10,000 QMILES + 450.00 AED
Business is 17,500 QMILES + 530.00 AED

And no problem booking one way
Old Mar 11, 2013, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by kataka
It's possible to book one-way awards.
Thanks

Originally Posted by aboerr
Economy is 10,000 QMILES + 450.00 AED
Business is 17,500 QMILES + 530.00 AED

And no problem booking one way
Thanks ^
Old Mar 14, 2013, 8:59 am

transferring points and booking

Am hoping to book a one way award ticket IAD - DOH - RGN for a year from now (March 2014) for two people in business class. This is the most direct method of getting to Yangon from DC, all other airlines have at least 2 stops and for a 20+ hour trip, the fewer stops the better I think but am open to any suggestions.
I have Starwood points and am hoping the OneWorld system kicks in in time to book that way rather than Starwood (which I hate to give up) but either way, I will need to transfer points as I have never flown Qatar before. Any advice on how the best way to handle this would be greatly appreciated. Do I book online, hold the award tickets and then transfer or will I need to call to get the booking done? Many thanks.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by profpeabody
Am hoping to book a one way award ticket IAD - DOH - RGN for a year from now (March 2014) for two people in business class. This is the most direct method of getting to Yangon from DC, all other airlines have at least 2 stops and for a 20+ hour trip, the fewer stops the better I think but am open to any suggestions.
I have Starwood points and am hoping the OneWorld system kicks in in time to book that way rather than Starwood (which I hate to give up) but either way, I will need to transfer points as I have never flown Qatar before. Any advice on how the best way to handle this would be greatly appreciated. Do I book online, hold the award tickets and then transfer or will I need to call to get the booking done? Many thanks.
To check availability you will need to have points in your QR account or have someone with points check availability for you.

Additionally, keep in mind that the points stated on the website may not be enough as you may have to pay double points as the 'saver' seats my not be available. Expect about $800 USD in fuel charges per ticket.

As QR move into OW is not expected until late this year to next year don't think you week be able to book your award ticket that route.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 9:09 pm

Hello,
I'm trying to wrap my head around this Qmiles program as i will be making many trips YUL-BAH this year.
I dont quite understand the economy to business/first upgrade process. Coming from AC*E we use Eupgrade credits to go from one class to another.
Obviously after making Silver/Gold with Qatar how is this done?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.