Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2021, 10:59 pm

We don't need extra baggage or extra luggage. When I go to booking, I get the first leg upgrade option but not. I am not sure how much would it be to buy at last minute but as of right now business class is $4200 and economy is $1700. First leg upgrade was $200
Old Oct 25, 2021, 3:14 pm

How to purchase an upgrade

I have a trip booked for the end of November. When I go into "manage my booking" I don't see any options to buy an upgrade. I'm only looking to upgrade one leg of the journey.

If it help, my ticket is in O class. Thanks!
Old Oct 25, 2021, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Tsv92
I have a trip booked for the end of November. When I go into "manage my booking" I don't see any options to buy an upgrade. I'm only looking to upgrade one leg of the journey.

If it help, my ticket is in O class. Thanks!
Hi ​​​Tsv92 and welcome to FlyerTalk!

The earliest that you could see an offer in MMB is 15 days before departure. QR wouldn't offer any discounted upgrade option before that date mark.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 12:23 am

Programs: Avios, AsiaMiles
Originally Posted by LYuen
I expect that to be the case too.
Since there is no 'transit' during the stop, theoretically I do not need to meet any requirement for the transit in Australia if there is any, right?
Though, still waiting for Qatar Airways to negotiate with Australia for the flight schedule after Australia reopens in December.
Replying to myself.
Concerning the flight from Auckland to Doha with stopover at Brisbane, Qatar added details on the requirement of this flight
Your trip includes a stop in Brisbane, Australia
Your trip from Auckland to Doha has a transit stop in Brisbane, Australia. You will have to disembark the aircraft, present a negative RT-PCR test and may need a transit visa. Please check the entry requirements for Australia, prior to your travel. | Duration: 1 hours 30 minutes
So normal transit rule in Australia applies. Not the most convenient, but at least this makes it clear.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Hi ​​​Tsv92 and welcome to FlyerTalk!

The earliest that you could see an offer in MMB is 15 days before departure. QR wouldn't offer any discounted upgrade option before that date mark.
Thanks for the response! I'll keep a look out in a couple of weeks
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:00 pm

I recently flew with Finnair, including an HEL-EDI leg operated by Norra. I've been assured over on the AY board that these flights are to all intents and purposes Finnair/Oneworld flights and I should be able to credit them to QRPC. They have of course not credited. Does anyone have experience of these and whether or not it's worth chasing the miles? I need them to maintain Gold.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ft101
I recently flew with Finnair, including an HEL-EDI leg operated by Norra. I've been assured over on the AY board that these flights are to all intents and purposes Finnair/Oneworld flights and I should be able to credit them to QRPC. They have of course not credited. Does anyone have experience of these and whether or not it's worth chasing the miles? I need them to maintain Gold.
Just do a retro claim. Unless the booking class is non-earning, there should be no issues.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Just do a retro claim. Unless the booking class is non-earning, there should be no issues.
I've done a retro claim for the outbound and chased it every three weeks since then (July) with no results yet. The return trip (2 weeks ago) has credited one sector only and not the EDI-HEL flight. I was hoping for positive tales of Norra flights earning credit before putting in another potentially futile claim.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I've done a retro claim for the outbound and chased it every three weeks since then (July) with no results yet. The return trip (2 weeks ago) has credited one sector only and not the EDI-HEL flight. I was hoping for positive tales of Norra flights earning credit before putting in another potentially futile claim.
What was your flight number and booking class?
Old Oct 27, 2021, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
What was your flight number and booking class?
AY1372 and AY1373. Both were Business Light fares which seems to be I Class (ties in with first character in Fare Basis). Shows on Qcalculator as earning 32 Qpoints and 2,668 Qmiles.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AY1372 and AY1373. Both were Business Light fares which seems to be I Class (ties in with first character in Fare Basis). Shows on Qcalculator as earning 32 Qpoints and 2,668 Qmiles.
Yes, that should be flights earning points. Just QRPC being difficult. Up to you to decide how much energy you will put in to chasing them.

Saying Norra does not give you points, is like not getting points on a AA Eagle flight operated by Skywest.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
Does QR allow interline of baggage for QF flight? I was hoping they do because SIN has a lot of rules and they won't allow transiting in two different PNRs...

I have the following itinerary:
1. QR FRA-DOH-SIN
2. QF SIN-SYD
Old Oct 28, 2021, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scrappydog
Does QR allow interline of baggage for QF flight? I was hoping they do because SIN has a lot of rules and they won't allow transiting in two different PNRs...

I have the following itinerary:
1. QR FRA-DOH-SIN
2. QF SIN-SYD
Currently Qantas is not allowed as a transit airline in Singapore. Unless the rules gets updated by the time you have to fly, you can't travel on that itinerary.

https://www.qatarairways.com/tradepo...Singapore.html

Unless of course your QF flight is actually a codeshare on Jetstar
scrappydog likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 3:50 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Is one able to add airport transfers to an existing booking ?
Old Oct 29, 2021, 8:29 pm

Hello I have a question....

I am flying from JFK to DOH on QR but will be flying on Etihad from DOH to HKT the same day. Can I transit or do I need to go through immigration and re-check in with Etihad?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.