Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2020, 11:55 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by AnttiV
More strange things happening to my booking. Now there’s a notice on the booking that reads

”As you have completed this booking as an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), you will need to provide an official document that allows exemption from the International Passenger Service Charge (LI Tax) during check-in. If you fail to provide the correct document, Qatar Airways will charge you the applicable LI tax.”

I double checked that under passenger information everything is correct and my nationality is indeed Finnish. Is this another glitch or should I contact QR? I have no idea where they figured out I’m an OFW as I have never even been to the Filippines. The initiary is HEL-DOH-CGK-DOH-OSL.

Update: this only seems to pop up in the app, can't find anything on the website.
I noticed this yesterday in the app as well so I called as I am travelling on Thursday and didnt want any issues at check-in. Agent didn't seem to know anything about it but checked with supervisor and said it was a technical error as it only applies to departures from the Philippines therefore I should not worry.
AnttiV likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 8:06 am

I'm trying to book a flight to SFO. Can anybody verify if Doh-SFO has qsuite? I was pretty sure the route had it (and it'd be way shorter than flying via LAX or DFW).. Apparently, that's not the case.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by The.walker
I'm trying to book a flight to SFO. Can anybody verify if Doh-SFO has qsuite? I was pretty sure the route had it (and it'd be way shorter than flying via LAX or DFW).. Apparently, that's not the case.
Yes, the SFO route has QSuites.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 1:30 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
Wonder if any of the readers can advise us regarding our flight from Alicante (ALC, Spain) to Barcelona (BCN) on Vueling (VY) to connect with Qatar .
(1) Would it be possible to check in luggage from ALC all the way to our final destination?
(2) Would it be possible to do online check-in for the QR flights prior to leaving ALC and print out the QR boarding passes? If so, this would eliminate the need to go landside at BCN to check in at the QR counter.
Many thanks in advance.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by BlueEgg
Wonder if any of the readers can advise us regarding our flight from Alicante (ALC, Spain) to Barcelona (BCN) on Vueling (VY) to connect with Qatar .
(1) Would it be possible to check in luggage from ALC all the way to our final destination?
(2) Would it be possible to do online check-in for the QR flights prior to leaving ALC and print out the QR boarding passes? If so, this would eliminate the need to go landside at BCN to check in at the QR counter.
Many thanks in advance.
1) No, Vueling is an LCC, they are not going to check in luggage across separate tickets to another carrier.

2) Yes you can do online check in, but it is not going to help you in terms of not going landside to claim luggage and recheck. Also, thsse days airlines will want to check travel documents carefully, so online check in is kind of pointless.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 2:09 am

Thanks. Everything is under 1 PNR though. Does that change things?
Old Dec 13, 2020, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by BlueEgg
Thanks. Everything is under 1 PNR though. Does that change things?
The devil is in the details....

Yes that alters the picture. Then it will be managed smoothly, and no need to collect luggage in BCN.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 3:49 am

Thanks, shall report back.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 9:25 am

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM
Leaving JNB PCR Test question

Hi. Ive put a booking on hold for DFW-DOH-JNB leaving this Friday. I know I have to have a PCR test to get into SA, but will I need a negative test to board Qatar when I depart JNB 9 hours later? I've asked on Twitter and they keep sending me a link that doesn't seem to answer this question.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dfwrob
Hi. Ive put a booking on hold for DFW-DOH-JNB leaving this Friday. I know I have to have a PCR test to get into SA, but will I need a negative test to board Qatar when I depart JNB 9 hours later? I've asked on Twitter and they keep sending me a link that doesn't seem to answer this question.
Does the country you are going to when departing JNB require a negative test?
Old Dec 13, 2020, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by dfwrob
Does the tool on their website help?

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/visa...uirements.html
Old Dec 14, 2020, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Does the country you are going to when departing JNB require a negative test?
No, the USA doesn't require a test.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Does the tool on their website help?

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/visa...uirements.html
I had not seen that link. I'm guessing since the USA doesn't require a negative test that I do not need one to board from JNB
Old Dec 14, 2020, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
When you're flying DFW-DOH-JNB, you would need a COVID test for entering South Africa without self-isolating.
On the return when flying JNB-DOH-DFW, you would not need any kind of COVID test.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
I’m booked via BA Avios for HND-DOH-MAN in the next few days. The first leg shows as ‘rescheduled’ but the time, plane, departure airport and terminal are all the same. Any ideas on what this means? My Qsuite shows as in tact for now too! Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.