Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: British Airways Silver
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes the default would be Qmiles/Qpoints despite what is written on your boarding pass on the day of travel.You could delete your Privilege Club online. After you have logged in, somewhere, there should be an option to delete your account.
OK thanks. I can't find any option on the website, so I will submit a support request and namedrop GDPR
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 2:39 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Question...We have tickets booked to SFO from Mumbai on 27th Jan in Business. We just wanted to check what the fares are like now but Qatar website now shows no availability, not sure if it is some website glitch or some other issue. Even tried searching in Economy, or with Flexible Date option but nothing shows up. Any idea on this - I know this routes fly A350 and Qatar is having problems with those. So we are worried that it shows on flights availability on our dates.

Last edited by kumarshah; Dec 16, 2021 at 1:34 am
Old Dec 15, 2021, 10:50 pm

Is it possible to book an economy fair ticket and then use points/miles to upgrade to business/first/Qsuites? I have American Express MR points and Chase UR points, but I don't think Qatar is a transfer partner with Amex or Chase. I'm looking at trying to upgrade on a Doha to Chicago flight. Due to technical circumstances, I need to begin by booking an economy paid fair, and then I'd like to try to upgrade if at all possible. If would consider a cash upgrade if Qatar offers it, but on such a long flight I'm guessing the cash upgrade price is going to be pretty high. TIA for any help.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 11:28 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by flyguy12345
Is it possible to book an economy fair ticket and then use points/miles to upgrade to business/first/Qsuites? I have American Express MR points and Chase UR points, but I don't think Qatar is a transfer partner with Amex or Chase. I'm looking at trying to upgrade on a Doha to Chicago flight. Due to technical circumstances, I need to begin by booking an economy paid fair, and then I'd like to try to upgrade if at all possible. If would consider a cash upgrade if Qatar offers it, but on such a long flight I'm guessing the cash upgrade price is going to be pretty high. TIA for any help.
You can upgrade a flight from economy to business by using Qmiles or Qcredits or cash if there's an offer. For the cash option see this thread Cash upgrades on QR
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by realgaga
You can upgrade a flight from economy to business by using Qmiles or Qcredits or cash if there's an offer. For the cash option see this thread Cash upgrades on QR
Do you know if there are any transferrable credit card points that can be transferred to Qmiles or Qcredits? I don't think there are, but I'm not 100% certain. If there aren't, then it seems like a cash upgrade would be my option.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 1:56 am

Do you know if there are any transferrable credit card points that can be transferred to Qmiles or Qcredits? I don't think there are, but I'm not 100% certain. If there aren't, then it seems like a cash upgrade would be my option.
I don't think there are any credit card partners for point transfers. If you don't receive an upgrade offer when you OLCI or via email, ask at the check in counter and they would be more than happy to process that if there's availability. In Doha you'll have to use the 'upgrade on departure' desk which is near the lamp bear.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:06 am

Citi ThankYou (1:1) and Marriott (3:1)
flyguy12345 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 5:47 am

Qatar Partner Award Pricing

Qatar and American price Qatar long range (USA to Australia) as 2 separate awards (140,000 + points one way)
Are there any Qatar partners that price Qatar long range awards as one ticket (approx 70,000+ points?)
Thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2021, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by DDurm
Qatar and American price Qatar long range (USA to Australia) as 2 separate awards (140,000 + points one way)
Are there any Qatar partners that price Qatar long range awards as one ticket (approx 70,000+ points?)
Thanks!
JAL would price it as one award, based on the distance flown.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Dec 23, 2021 at 6:41 am
Old Dec 23, 2021, 8:01 am

Thank you. Unfortunately, the total is still 120,000, not 70,000
Old Dec 23, 2021, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by DDurm
Thank you. Unfortunately, the total is still 120,000, not 70,000
Yeah, pretty long routing. 14K+ miles.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 12:05 am

Programs: QR Gold, *A Gold, IHG Plat., Hilton Gold, Etihad Guest Gold
Family Account

Hello All,
Just recently started flying QR. Traditionally I have flown BA and EY, which both have a very simply family account structure. Everyone earns “tier” points in their individual capacity but miles are pooled for redemptions etc.

With QR, I get the feeling that only the main member earns the Qpoints, but more importantly for me, who can redeem and what can you redeem. As an example on EK, I am not able to book mileage seats with a family account, I can only do upgrades.
Any comprehensive guide would be welcome.

Finally as its 2 of us who fly, and we rarely fly alone, (our infant is too young for FFP) what would you suggest? We will be doing approximately four trips a year in J.
HRE-DOH-LIS X2 (return)
LIS-DOH-AUH X2 (return)
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Hi everyone!

I've been rebooked onto a QR operated flight but with BA flight numbers - would QR or BA luggage allowance apply? Was really hoping to get BA's allowance with 2x32kg.

My allowance on QR's MMB says 2 piece, 0kg. E-ticket says 2 pieces.

I tried looking on AY and MH MMB too, and it says the same - 2 pieces but at 32kg. BA rep and QR rep have told me the other airline allowance applies, so pretty confused right now! Hopefully someone knows more than me?
Old Dec 29, 2021, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by ms101
Hi everyone!

I've been rebooked onto a QR operated flight but with BA flight numbers - would QR or BA luggage allowance apply? Was really hoping to get BA's allowance with 2x32kg.

My allowance on QR's MMB says 2 piece, 0kg. E-ticket says 2 pieces.

I tried looking on AY and MH MMB too, and it says the same - 2 pieces but at 32kg. BA rep and QR rep have told me the other airline allowance applies, so pretty confused right now! Hopefully someone knows more than me?
Your baggage allowance is whatever it says on the ticket. Have a copy of it at check in, in case the agent gets it wrong.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by realgaga
Your baggage allowance is whatever it says on the ticket. Have a copy of it at check in, in case the agent gets it wrong.

thanks! My MMB on QR states "Business / Piece(s) 2, per piece 0 Kg"

Should I take that to mean I will be eligible for 2 x 32 kg then? Will have a copy of the ticket at hand at check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.