FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old Dec 8, 2020, 11:55 am
kq747

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by AnttiV
More strange things happening to my booking. Now there’s a notice on the booking that reads

”As you have completed this booking as an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), you will need to provide an official document that allows exemption from the International Passenger Service Charge (LI Tax) during check-in. If you fail to provide the correct document, Qatar Airways will charge you the applicable LI tax.”

I double checked that under passenger information everything is correct and my nationality is indeed Finnish. Is this another glitch or should I contact QR? I have no idea where they figured out I’m an OFW as I have never even been to the Filippines. The initiary is HEL-DOH-CGK-DOH-OSL.

Update: this only seems to pop up in the app, can't find anything on the website.
I noticed this yesterday in the app as well so I called as I am travelling on Thursday and didnt want any issues at check-in. Agent didn't seem to know anything about it but checked with supervisor and said it was a technical error as it only applies to departures from the Philippines therefore I should not worry.