Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2020, 9:31 am

Programs: qr
Originally Posted by intuition
Is the voucher for a free "ultimate" plan on oryx one wifi a formal perk of first class or is it at staff discretion?
I usually get in from the inflight service manager before takeoff but it was missing on the last fllight. I didn't think about it at the time, but I just want to know if it is supposed to be handed out. Then I can easily ask for it if they forget.
in my experience it’s only been on a380 first class flights and is handed to you at boarding along with all the other goodies .
Old Jan 25, 2020, 11:52 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Thanks, yes it was A388. They were really busy on departure and the ISM didn't come to chat until after take-off, so I guess they was a bit off the game.
(in my experience only the manager has access to the vouchers)
Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:04 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
I will post their response as soon as it's received.
I have just heard from QR and they have confirmed that this is indeed their policy as of 01/06/2019. Status passengers flying on non QR metal will no longer have access to 3rd party lounges.

I didnt have any such problems at either Krakow or Luxembourg

Oddly, he said if you wish to complain you can email customer complaints.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 9:36 am
RY7

I never booked my QR flights on OTA.
But If I booked my flights on Priceline instead QR website am I still able to upgrade my flights at the airport?
Yes the booking class I would pick on Priceline will be eligible to upgrade.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 10:08 am
RY7

I never booked my QR flights on OTA.
But If I booked my flights on Priceline instead QR website am I still able to upgrade my flights at the airport?
Yes the booking class I would pick on Priceline are eligible for upgrades

​​​​​​​
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:32 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I have now gotten an email twice about flight schedule changes for my trip. When I go to Manage Booking though...the flight schedule and timings look the same as before. Anyway to see what has changed?
Old Feb 2, 2020, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by kumarshah
I have now gotten an email twice about flight schedule changes for my trip. When I go to Manage Booking though...the flight schedule and timings look the same as before. Anyway to see what has changed?
Probably an aircraft type swap. Which could be invisible as the swap could have been reverted back to the original type. Did you check the seating layout and any seating request hadn't been upset?
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:15 pm

Programs: Privilege Club - Platinum
I have two questions

My parents are flying on a QR flight and I recently added them to my "Family" section, although their status is still "pending". First of all, I'm wondering, if anyone has done this, how long does it take for them to be confirmed. The second question is, if, when confirmed, they can enjoy some benefits. I'm a platinum member so I'm wondering if, for example, I can select an exit row seat for them. They are currently blocked off of course.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Alchemist007
I have two questions

My parents are flying on a QR flight and I recently added them to my "Family" section, although their status is still "pending". First of all, I'm wondering, if anyone has done this, how long does it take for them to be confirmed. The second question is, if, when confirmed, they can enjoy some benefits. I'm a platinum member so I'm wondering if, for example, I can select an exit row seat for them. They are currently blocked off of course.
I thought the exit rows were always blocked and under airport control?
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Alchemist007
I have two questions

IIRC it didn’t take long although I don’t remember a specific time. The only benefit is that you earn qmiles for their travel. You won’t be able to get any benefits of your status (eg seat selection) unless you are travelling on the same PNR
Old Feb 2, 2020, 10:49 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by plunet
Probably an aircraft type swap. Which could be invisible as the swap could have been reverted back to the original type. Did you check the seating layout and any seating request hadn't been upset?
Nope, aircraft types are same. My previous seat selections also were there.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 4:40 am

Programs: Privilege Club - Platinum
Originally Posted by Sifaan
IIRC it didn’t take long although I don’t remember a specific time. The only benefit is that you earn qmiles for their travel. You won’t be able to get any benefits of your status (eg seat selection) unless you are travelling on the same PNR
thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Question lounge access as Silver

I am confused by the lounge access benefit as Silver. The web site lists Lounge Access as a benefit:
Enjoy lounge access in Doha and Business Class lounges at select airports, regardless of your class of travel.
...but then a footnote says
Passengers will not be granted access to Premium Lounges unless they hold a Premium Ticket. "
So... as a Silver flying Y, would I get lounge access?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by florin
I am confused by the lounge access benefit as Silver. The web site lists Lounge Access as a benefit:

...but then a footnote says

You would get access to the Qatar Airways Business Class Lounge.
What "premium lounges" refer to is Al Mourjan, Al Safwa and the QR Lounges in Heathrow and Roissy.
florin likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by florin

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You would get access to the Qatar Airways Business Class Lounge.
What "premium lounges" refer to is Al Mourjan, Al Safwa and the QR Lounges in Heathrow and Roissy.
Apart from Doha, you would also have access at some airports when flying flights marketed and operated by QR but this is (or was) rather hit-or-miss.
E.g. CMB we always got access (Araliya); at LHR we got the sky team lounge, at AMS we were not offered (although we should have, and even QRPC said we should have when we complained), at MAD we got the lounge (even though QRPC had told me that I wouldn't)
florin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.