Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:32 am

I think I've earned enough miles to re-qualify for Gold but don't see that communicated anywhere on my account pages. Should I?

Mine was a status match if that makes a difference.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: British Airways GCH
Hi all,

how accurate are expertflyer seat maps for Qatar? I’m trying to cheer myself up that despite my flight switching to non quite at the last minute it might at least be a fairly empty cabin.

many thanks,

YF
Old Feb 4, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by youngfogey
Hi all,

how accurate are expertflyer seat maps for Qatar? I’m trying to cheer myself up that despite my flight switching to non quite at the last minute it might at least be a fairly empty cabin.

many thanks,

YF
They are accurate in that the data Qatar makes available is represented in EF. However the way they make seat assignments at Qatar does mean that more seats do show as being available until quite late before departure compared to some other airlines. So it might be an empty cabin, but also can fill up as seats are formerly assigned.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: British Airways GCH
Thx Plunet, will take it all with a pinch of salt and be my charming best in case I do have a seat mate.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Doesn't seem worth starting a new thread: is there a known reason that QR don't seem to have fares filed for EU stations to TBS? I've looked at AMS, BRU, PAR and DE departures, and checked the first on ExpertFlyer - nada. But LON and OSL both work [not great prices in J, but I am now more curious than anything else!]
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by ft101
I think I've earned enough miles to re-qualify for Gold but don't see that communicated anywhere on my account pages. Should I?

Mine was a status match if that makes a difference.
It should show how many more QPoints to renew Gold (or to qualify for Platinum if Gold is renewed) in your dashboard (under the dial where it shows your current QPoints)
Old Feb 6, 2020, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Sifaan
Apart from Doha, you would also have access at some airports when flying flights marketed and operated by QR but this is (or was) rather hit-or-miss.
E.g. CMB we always got access (Araliya); at LHR we got the sky team lounge, at AMS we were not offered (although we should have, and even QRPC said we should have when we complained), at MAD we got the lounge (even though QRPC had told me that I wouldn't)
Thanks for that! I don't suppose there's a list somewhere...

CMB, LHR, MAD - yes
AMS - no
Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by florin
Thanks for that! I don't suppose there's a list somewhere...

CMB, LHR, MAD - yes
AMS - no
you can check airport by airport at https://www.qatarairways.com/en-lk/l...worldwide.html

but it still says access for silver at AMS (like it did in 2017 and we didn’t get an invite at check in even when we asked) and no access at MAD (and had reconfirmed that with QRPC prior to getting to the airport but nevertheless got invite at check in) - I suspect that at MAD I really wasn’t entitled and the staff at the counter made a mistake

LHR still shows the sky team lounge although I read elsewhere here that the lounge has changed.
florin likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 12:36 am

It should show how many more QPoints to renew Gold (or to qualify for Platinum if Gold is renewed) in your dashboard (under the dial where it shows your current QPoints)
I see that and mine says "188 Qpoints to Platinum" but seem to think it said that (albeit more miles) as the target when I was Gold and hadn't renewed yet?

Of all obscure places, I have now found it in the Qcalculator where it says:
Total Qpoints required until 18th October 2020 to renew your tier: 0
Old Feb 7, 2020, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by ft101
I see that and mine says "188 Qpoints to Platinum" but seem to think it said that (albeit more miles) as the target when I was Gold and hadn't renewed yet?
I think it would have quoted a number to get to platinum and a number to renew gold (for my wife, currently silver, it shows how much to get gold (coincidentally 188) and how much to retain silver). Once you passed the target for renewing gold it probably stopped showing it

what does your activity statement say for 19 October last year? Did they add 300 QPoints as an adjustment? Or possibly 300 less any QPoints already in your account?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:55 pm

Hi, I have a quick query regarding delayed baggage. Qatar Airways due to mishandling delayed my baggage by seven days. It created lots of trouble for me at the destination. After hours of negotiation they agreed to consider my expenses during those seven days and asked me to submit a claim though initially said I am not eligible for any expenses compensation.

I just need to confirm will it be some compensation fixed by airlines for the mishandling of luggage and expenses or only expenses they will consider?

Just to give you a summary Qatar Airways representative without entering my baggage information at the system put it at the conveyor belt due to that at destination I have not got the luggage and noticed no baggage tag was attached at the boarding pass for the luggage. Initially they were not even giving me a written confirmation or receipt regarding my complaint of missing luggage as they were saying in this case as the luggage info is not in the system so can not get any confirmation. It required number of conversations, sending emails, wasting hours while searching what can be done, they gave a confirmation of delayed luggage with baggage tag. I also had to spent hours for shopping some clothing and toiletries for those days. All these without considering the mental stress that I had gone during my short vacation.

Your response will be appreciated.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:13 am

what does your activity statement say for 19 October last year? Did they add 300 QPoints as an adjustment? Or possibly 300 less any QPoints already in your account?
It only mentions an "Award Credit Benefit" for 40 Qcredits on the 16th October as any indication of activity before my first flight.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Does Qatar allow premium passengers to use the SATS premier check-in lounge at Singapore T1?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Plat
Doing a weekend in Doha, what is security and immigration exiting DOH like? How late can I get to the airport? OWE if it helps and will be in economy.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by braiden9
Doing a weekend in Doha, what is security and immigration exiting DOH like? How late can I get to the airport? OWE if it helps and will be in economy.
I could not estimate the date and the time you're flying ( which matters the most regardless the calendar day ) so I could tell you that generally regular checkpoint passport control ( for non-Qatari citizens ) takes 15-75 minutes both at departure and arrival. So, I would suggest that you arrive at the airport 2h-2h30min before the flight.

As a OWS ( to be specific BA Silver ), I was always denied when I tried to use the fast-track lane when traveling in Y ( not the Al Mourjan entrance, the one at the regular checkpoint ) where the employees stated that only QR Gold and QR Platinum could use the fast track lane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.