Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by bmibaby737
... I didn't exactly find Bangkok security brilliant.
Just out of curiosity, what did you find deficient? I'm through BKK departure security at least monthly and it looks and feels pretty comprehensive to me.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:43 am

thanks. I thought it would be something along those lines although I didn't exactly find Bangkok security brilliant.
Bangkok security certainly gave me the most stringent check I've experienced when they spotted a suspect item on X Ray but couldn't track it down in my bag, so I'm surprised to read this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
Bangkok security certainly gave me the most stringent check I've experienced when they spotted a suspect item on X Ray but couldn't track it down in my bag, so I'm surprised to read this.
Interesting. Perhaps it was just me but felt there was issues on 2 occasions now.

1. I only realised my Ipad needed to be removed from my bag after passing through security the security scanner. This wasn't detected.

2. Transferring through BKK and a full bottle of water in my bag I took from the KUL lounge wasn't detected. I genuinely forgot it was in my bag. Anyway I like to think i'm pretty good preparing for security.

Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:19 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)

Interesting. Perhaps it was just me but felt there was issues on 2 occasions now.

1. I only realised my Ipad needed to be removed from my bag after passing through security the security scanner. This wasn't detected.

2. Transferring through BKK and a full bottle of water in my bag I took from the KUL lounge wasn't detected. I genuinely forgot it was in my bag. Anyway I like to think i'm pretty good preparing for security.

I agree - the security checks in BKK may be following all rules, but I doubt that the professionality of the personnel can compete with that one of the security personnel in Europe (i.e. MUC)
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:18 am

I have two video trip reports of my Qatar flights. Do we have a trip report thread to share them on?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I have two video trip reports of my Qatar flights. Do we have a trip report thread to share them on?
You have to upload them on the trip report forum. What were the loads like from CWL?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
You have to upload them on the trip report forum. What were the loads like from CWL?
which board is that on?

154 On DOH-CWL. Not bad at all.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 6:32 am

Does anyone know how long QRPC status last? Say if I make gold in July does it only last 12 months? Is it better creating a baec account as I will last close to 24 months?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by vitagen
Does anyone know how long QRPC status last? Say if I make gold in July does it only last 12 months? Is it better creating a baec account as I will last close to 24 months?
It lasts a year
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:46 pm

Thanks for that BAEC for me then
Old Jun 8, 2018, 1:12 am

I have some miles that expire at the end of June. If I want to use them, do I have to fly before the end of June or merely book the tickets by then? I would want to fly on British Airways if it makes a difference.

I couldn't find any answer to this, so apologies if I missed something.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 1:43 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by glyptodon
I have some miles that expire at the end of June. If I want to use them, do I have to fly before the end of June or merely book the tickets by then? I would want to fly on British Airways if it makes a difference.

It is enough to book before they expire. I haven't booked award tickets with a partner airline, but given the general inefficiency of QRPC I assume it will take some time. So you are better off to book early.
glyptodon likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:32 am

I'd be interested to see them!

You can share them here: Trip Reports - FlyerTalk Forums
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by glyptodon

As JC880 correctly said, booking by then is enough but it can take several weeks until you get a reply for partner awards. Consider duming the Qmiles to Club Accor if it gets too tight, but even that I would do no less than 2 weeks before expiration.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, LH Silver

new QCalculator ... :-)
FlyerTalker37 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.