Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Paul Coles
If I book OSL-DOH-DPS rtn (J) and one of us cannot fly due to ill health, would the other still be able to travel or would the booking be void? It isn't a companion fare.

I would just make two separate bookings but I'm concerned the price would jump after the first booking.

Thanks
It won't be a problem but the sick one should cancel/change his flight at least 3 hours before the original flight departure time to minimize his lost and don't have any No Show fee deduced from his refund/change. In case of a change, he/she should get a separate new booking number after QR splited the booking.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Is anyone else unable to login to their PC-account, over the past couple-of-days ?

I keep getting sent to a page which wants me to login via a social-media account (I don't have one) or a Qbiz account (which I also don't have).

I only wanted to check, that I finally received my 500 Qmiles/sector bonus, from my recent trip. Or not, so I can send them a claim !

But it would be a nuisance, had I wanted to make a booking in the current Thailand International Travel Fair, while it lasts.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:11 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Richard Bell
Is anyone else unable to login to their PC-account, over the past couple-of-days ?

I keep getting sent to a page which wants me to login via a social-media account (I don't have one) or a Qbiz account (which I also don't have).

I only wanted to check, that I finally received my 500 Qmiles/sector bonus, from my recent trip. Or not, so I can send them a claim !

But it would be a nuisance, had I wanted to make a booking in the current Thailand International Travel Fair, while it lasts.
Yes, I am having a similar issue but after I get redirected to login again (via social media accounts etc etc) & I then instead click on the Qatar logo at the top of the web page - bingo - my account shows logged in - bizarre.
Richard Bell likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I get this, and am unable to get past it. The signin link seems to have been rerouted to a non-working profile management page.

Old Feb 11, 2018, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I get this, and am unable to get past it. The signin link seems to have been rerouted to a non-working profile management page.
Got a quick response from QR on Twitter. After a couple of exchanges, they identified the problem as my cache. Cleared that and I'm back in business!
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Managed to bypass the problem by using a different web-browser.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:27 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
I have a quick question re: lounge access at Manchester. I am a BA Silver flying in economy on QR from Manchester over the weekend. Will I be able to access the Escape Lounge or is it just for passengers flying in business?

Thank you in advance.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by rhivolution
I have a quick question re: lounge access at Manchester. I am a BA Silver flying in economy on QR from Manchester over the weekend. Will I be able to access the Escape Lounge or is it just for passengers flying in business?

Thank you in advance.
BA Silver is One World Sapphire right? That gives you acces to the Escape Lounge when travelling on OW, you can always check lounge acces on oneworld.com by entering the airport on the right and selecting lounge acces.

Hope this helps
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:01 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JasperT
BA Silver is One World Sapphire right? That gives you acces to the Escape Lounge when travelling on OW, you can always check lounge acces on oneworld.com by entering the airport on the right and selecting lounge acces.

Hope this helps
Yes, it is OWS, and therefore I will have lounge access. The Escape lounge will make a nice change from BA Galleries in T3! Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
First of all, I am not sure whether this is the right place to post this, so please do correct me if there is a better place on the forum for this.

I am flying Singapore to Zurich on Sunday and would love to use my Qcredits to upgrade the flight to Business Class. As seems to be the norm lately, I wasn't able to secure the upgrade until now and have been told to try my luck again at the airport at check-in.
I'd love to know how you rate my chances of securing a business class seat on these flights. Currently expertflyer shows 14 empty + 4 blocked seats for the flight from Singapore to Doha and 11 empty + 4 blocked seats from Doha to Zurich. Has anyone of you tried to upgrade using Qmiles/Qcredits at the airport and not been successful?

Interestingly, I received an e-mail yesterday with the standard pay to upgrade offer (425EUR per flight). Is it safe to assume that they will usually open up all remaining seats for upgrades at the check-in.
Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hotwingz
First of all, I am not sure whether this is the right place to post this, so please do correct me if there is a better place on the forum for this.

I am flying Singapore to Zurich on Sunday and would love to use my Qcredits to upgrade the flight to Business Class. As seems to be the norm lately, I wasn't able to secure the upgrade until now and have been told to try my luck again at the airport at check-in.
I'd love to know how you rate my chances of securing a business class seat on these flights. Currently expertflyer shows 14 empty + 4 blocked seats for the flight from Singapore to Doha and 11 empty + 4 blocked seats from Doha to Zurich. Has anyone of you tried to upgrade using Qmiles/Qcredits at the airport and not been successful?

Interestingly, I received an e-mail yesterday with the standard pay to upgrade offer (425EUR per flight). Is it safe to assume that they will usually open up all remaining seats for upgrades at the check-in.
Thanks!
Based on my own experience all unsold seats will be opened for upgrades. I have never been unable to upgrade when availability was shown on EF. Beware that you will only be able to upgrade the upcoming sector at the airport hence it will require more Qcredits to upgrade those two sectors than the whole journey.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: DL DM
I'm flying a one way from ATL-DOH-LHE next month on the 2nd. I'm a AA Platinum i.e OW Sapphire. I was wondering if I would get an upgrade offer on an N ticket booked on the QR website?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Hi - newbie(ish) question about registering with multiple loyalty programs. I have already plumped for the BAEC and have status there, from both BA and other OW flights. I have a couple of QR flights coming up, which I will also credit to BAEC.

The question is, is whether it is worth joining the Qatar Privilege Club? I can already manage my booking online, and see my trips on the QR app, but would joining the QR club make that any easier or better - eg for boarding passes etc? More importantly, would it confuse anything with where the miles get credited if I 'belong' to two programs?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lincolnite
Hi - newbie(ish) question about registering with multiple loyalty programs. I have already plumped for the BAEC and have status there, from both BA and other OW flights. I have a couple of QR flights coming up, which I will also credit to BAEC.

The question is, is whether it is worth joining the Qatar Privilege Club? I can already manage my booking online, and see my trips on the QR app, but would joining the QR club make that any easier or better - eg for boarding passes etc? More importantly, would it confuse anything with where the miles get credited if I 'belong' to two programs?
Let me start by saying that only you can decide what's best for you, and that depends on a lot of different factors - e.g. what you want to get out of your FFP, where and how often you travel, in what class, etc.

That said, I would not generally recommend crediting to multiple loyalty programs particularly within a single alliance, for the simple reason is that your rewards (i.e. earned miles/points) get split across multiple programs - or currencies - and there really is not a reliable way to convert one to the other. For instance, if you were to credit a flight worth 15000 miles to one program and one worth 10000 miles to another (oversimplified and hypothetical example), you would have a modest balance in both, but no benefits from either. But you wouldn't have enough in either to earn status or (usually) redeem miles for an award flight..but if you had 25k in one program that could add some benefits.

Now if you fly a lot - enough to gain useful status on two programs in more than one alliance - now that's worth thinking about.

For what it's worth, and using me as an example, I belong to both American AAdvantage and BAEC - but I credit every flight to AA, and use my BAEC membership simply to be able to access BA's award search capability which I find superior to AA's. But keeping all my miles on AA helps me consolidate currency to redeem, and gives me status on AA which is (largely) reciprocated on other OneWorld carriers.

If you're not a frequent traveler, I'd suggest staying with BA and not opening another account with the intent to credit to that account.

To your other questions - if you have multiple accounts (as I do), there's no issue with confusing miles. When you make a booking, you can specify which account you want the flights to credit to. Note that this also sets your status for the purpose of the itinerary. For instance, AA offers "complimentary, space available upgrades" on domestic flights. If I credited my BAEC account on my booking, my AA status would not show up and I would not be eligible for these upgrades. Many carriers allow you to change which program you want to list/credit to even after the booking is made, usually up to the day of travel.

And you should be able to get a mobile boarding pass regardless of your FF status (but this can vary depending on the carrier). For instance I know I can get a mobile boarding pass on Lufthansa without having a Miles&More account. Not sure if QR offers this; I have not yet used (or tried to use) mobile BPs on QR.

Good luck, and happy flying!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:46 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rhivolution

Thank you in advance.
Sorry - one more question from me! It's my first time transiting through Doha. Will I also be able to access the lounge there? I feel like I heard Qatar limit lounge access to their own passengers only, but not sure about that. Thank you in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.