Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2016, 10:38 am

daddycool7 the $500 is to cancel the entire ticket at any point of time until the last segment is flown. I am aware that the cancellation fee appears for both the outward as well as the return journey in the fare rules e-mailed with your ticket but only one of them will apply and that is "the most restrictive".
Old Sep 5, 2016, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by remdk
daddycool7 the $500 is to cancel the entire ticket at any point of time until the last segment is flown. I am aware that the cancellation fee appears for both the outward as well as the return journey in the fare rules e-mailed with your ticket but only one of them will apply and that is "the most restrictive".
Thanks! Could not find the info on qatar site
Old Sep 5, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: Qatar Platinum
What is the fare class for award tickets in economy? I just booked a ticket from BKk-MAD using my miles, and I see the fare class O printed in the eticket. The Q calculator shows that i will earn points and miles at class O! Is that the case?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: Eurobonus, GarudaMiles, Qmiles
andi1985 Booking class U is for reward tickets and not associated with any particular cabin class.

How many Qmiles were you being charged for each ticket? If it was 150000 then it is a Business class ticket. The Y cost may have been an X2 (Flexi) fare which occurs if Y seat rewards have already been taken. It also occurs with repeated inquiries within a time period (12-24 Hours).

If it is due to repeated inquiries and you have not already booked, wait 24 hours with no further inquiries and try again. Go straight for J class ignoring Y altogether.
Thank you so much, Remdk

Total 75000 miles for 2 legs.
I will take this
Old Sep 8, 2016, 3:25 am

Hi all newbie here,

I was trying to call qatar airway center in Doha for my booking.
It seems that the line is always busy, do you have any idea where to call ?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 8:15 am

roddickme20 is Doha your nearest call centre? If not why not try another one perhaps closer to you or even your local office? I would imagine that the Doha centre is swamped at the moment.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 12:44 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
JGP777 http://support.qatarairways.com/hc/e...-award-ticket-

There's the answer on the QR FAQs on their site. Not sure why it's showing O on reward ticket, but for certain you won't earn any qmiles/qpoints unfortunately.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:21 am

Well done theox for spotting that faq.
JGP777 as far as I know ALL reward tickets no matter which cabin class have ticketing class U.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Well done theox for spotting that faq.
JGP777 as far as I know ALL reward tickets no matter which cabin class have ticketing class U.
That's not correct, I am afraid.

Z - First class award
U - Business class award
X - Economy class award
Old Sep 10, 2016, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by David_DLI
That's not correct, I am afraid.

Z - First class award
U - Business class award
X - Economy class award
Thank you all for your response. I attached a screenshot of the pdf ticket, in that it says O-MILES.. Maybe with that I wont earn anything.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 10, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: QR Platinum
QR IT always with surprises!

I doubt very much you will accrue any Qmiles or Qpoints, but please do report back with your findings.

Buen viaje a Madrid!
Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:34 am

David_DLI and Jgp777 looking at the e-ticket things have become much clearer. QR recently changed it rules regarding booking classes T, O and W but still retained the "certain tickets do not qualify for Qmiles.". The reason apparently was that they wish to reduce, or even eliminate, booking classes Z, X and U by openly adding Fare basis into the calculations. Something that must have been done previously anyway.
QR are enhancing(updating) their systems and we have all been unaware of the change.

Has anyone seen this Fare basis before?

Jgp777 everything suggests that you will not earn any Qmiles or Qpoints but this is QR! Please keep us informed of how it turns out for you.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 12:16 pm

David_DLI and Jgp777 looking at the e-ticket things have become much clearer. QR recently changed it rules regarding booking classes T, O and W but still retained the "certain tickets do not qualify for Qmiles.". The reason apparently was that they wish to reduce, or even eliminate, booking classes Z, X and U by openly adding Fare basis into the calculations. Something that must have been done previously anyway.
QR are enhancing(updating) their systems and we have all been unaware of the change.

Has anyone seen this Fare basis before?

Jgp777 everything suggests that you will not earn any Qmiles or Qpoints but this is QR! Please keep us informed of how it turns out for you.
Thank you for the response. Sure Ill keep you guys updated. The new updates dont make much sense, because I also upgraded by existing booking from CDG-DOH from Business to First (Z) using miles a few days back.
Not to confuse everyone, but, do the tickets booked under the treasure hunt promo earn Qmiles, Qpoints. It was booked under W class (Fare Basis: WJTFZ5ZI) Again on the Q calculator it shows minimum Qmiles and Qpoints earned on W class. The reason I ask all of this, is I want to plan my trips over the next year to maintain my Gold status on QR.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by David_DLI
QR IT always with surprises!

I doubt very much you will accrue any Qmiles or Qpoints, but please do report back with your findings.

Buen viaje a Madrid!
Gracias Davis_DLI I live in Madrid, doing a trip to Thailand, booked a one way from MAD-KBV using the Treasure Hunt deal, and was using my miles to book the return.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: SPG Platinum Ambassador
Newbie questions regarding business class (R):
-Once on the flight, do I have to pay for any food or drink or IFE, or is that all included with my fare? Do I have to tip for the pajamas? Do I get headphones with my fare? Is there anything else I have to pay for?

-Same question for the Al-M lounge at DOH. Do I have to pay additional or tip? What's best practice? Do people tip at the bar?

-If the dining on the flight is a la carte, can I order however much of something as I want? Has anyone tried to order anything off the menu successfully? How about alcohol? Can I order as much as I want?

-Any difference in service between R on a Boeing 777-200lr vs. on the Airbus A320?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.