Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

If you had 5 minutes with the incoming Qantas CEO, what would you say to him?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If you had 5 minutes with the incoming Qantas CEO, what would you say to him?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2008, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Oh my question.
When is Qantas, NOT Jetstar!!!, going to do something really serious in NZ and compete with NZ? The TT product will now be so inferior, that if I lost WP status or access to the Flounge I will not be taking QF and never JQ.
Domestic is tolerable but TT the value proposition is not there.
QF TT is a b**tardised* domestic/international service IMHO. (* Can I use that word on this forum? Mods, edit with bleeps if necessary, please).

I also can't believe JQ will enter the NZ market. If they start replacing the regular QF sectors in NZ with JQ methinks they will be done for.

If it weren't for the ungodly times of the AKL-SYD sector, LA would be a better choice for TT in the OW alliance. Haven't tried NZ product so got no judgement or experience.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 1:41 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by anat0l
QF TT is a b**tardised* domestic/international service IMHO.
Of course it is a domestic service, as it should be! It doesn't need to be the same standard as PER-East Coast, since it isn't as long!

Dave
Old Oct 20, 2008, 2:51 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by thadocta
Of course it is a domestic service, as it should be! It doesn't need to be the same standard as PER-East Coast, since it isn't as long!

Dave

And it's not like any real people live across the ditch, is it?
Old Oct 20, 2008, 2:55 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by shillard
And it's not like any real people live across the ditch, is it?
Well, it IS the seventh state of Australia, isn't it?

Dave
Old Oct 20, 2008, 3:01 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Seventh state with the best airline!
Old Oct 20, 2008, 3:06 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Seventh state with the best airline!
Well, NZ DOES have the right to fly domestically within Australia, we can't help it if our second oldest domestic carrier doesn't want to fly SYD-MEL and so on and so forth......

Dave
Old Oct 20, 2008, 3:08 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
I think it has something to do with the BIG island inhabitants not being good enough for the seventh state airliNZ!
Old Oct 20, 2008, 3:34 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Well, it IS the seventh state of Australia, isn't it?
Careful - Australia can also be referenced as the NZ West Island
Old Oct 20, 2008, 2:59 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by NM
Careful - Australia can also be referenced as the NZ West Island
Bugger you beat me to it!
What is interesting is that when I travel to Australia for my work I represent NZ in an organization whose members represent their respective Australian states and territories, so yes effectively a seventh state.
Oh even more ironic was when it came to naming the organization, the NZers one represneting Qld and the other NZ, did not care if NZ was mentioned in the name but all the Australians, myself included, insisted that it was included.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 9:24 pm
In Memoriam

Bugger you beat me to it!
What is interesting is that when I travel to Australia for my work I represent NZ in an organization whose members represent their respective Australian states and territories, so yes effectively a seventh state.
Oh even more ironic was when it came to naming the organization, the NZers one represneting Qld and the other NZ, did not care if NZ was mentioned in the name but all the Australians, myself included, insisted that it was included.
Wjat are you trying to tell us there?

Dave
Old Oct 20, 2008, 9:33 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Wjat are you trying to tell us there?

Dave
That the NZers want to be considered as Australians while the Australians (I am one I just decided to leave) want the distinction made.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 9:37 pm
In Memoriam

That the NZers want to be considered as Australians while the Australians (I am one I just decided to leave) want the distinction made.
Ok, I thought you were a kiwi, didn't realise you are an expat.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.