Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

If you had 5 minutes with the incoming Qantas CEO, what would you say to him?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If you had 5 minutes with the incoming Qantas CEO, what would you say to him?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2008, 9:07 am

Programs: QFWP, SQ PPS,QFLTG, EK Silver,SPG Gold, HH Diamond ,Amex Centurion
My 5 mins (or 5 gripes!)

These are the comments I would love to share with the bigwigs at Qantas....

1) Safety... (enough on this already from other posters)
2) Baggage! (not trying to sound up myself but...) Why is it that my Business Class tagged, Platinum fob bags end up last off the conveyor belt every time I fly?
3) R Class..... make some available in A for your top 1% of FF's
4) Domestic Business lounges are a joke....... you've tried but failed.
5) Why is it that my 10am flight from MEL to SYD leaves at 11:20 along with 4 other jets, that arrive in Sydney at the same time, then only have one baggage carousel available for everyone?

There are more, but These are my top 5 complaints about QF
Old Oct 12, 2008, 10:36 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by James King
3) R Class..... make some available in A for your top 1% of FF's
This is actually the plan, according to my source. R class is the last class available, with F and A being released to either stimulate sales or in limited quantities. The only reason why A isn't available at the moment is because there are alternatives flights operating the sector and also because of the novelty value of the A380. Once the novelty value wears off and the A380 operates all flights on a given sector, I would expect to see F and A available on all except the absolutely highest demand days.

Dave
Old Oct 12, 2008, 10:58 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver, Egyptair Plus Gold/*A Gold
1) Quit whining about how Asian/ME carriers are exploiting you because it's only going to get worse. EY, QR and EK are all going to get more aircraft and will use those A380s on their Australian routes. Do something about it:
2) Launch flights to Dubai using your A380s.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Please make LHR-SIN-SYD and similar through-flights count as two sectors for the "four sector" rule. Anyone flying from one end to the other on two long-haul sectors has definitely spent more money on flying two actual sectors than someone who spends < $200 on a SYD-CBR-SYD run, or similar.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Platinum A332
Virgin Blue seem to be in a financial mess - if you can, maybe try and kill them off (hey, isn't it any Business' dream to kill of their competition?)
Isn't DJ's continued existence the only incentive on QF to make the improvements you want? You don't get many product enhancements in a zero-competition environment.

As I sit in the US, the complaints I see about QF domestic service, lounges, etc. make me smile. If you had to fly United Airlines or US Airways around the States for a week, your skulls would explode. There's no comparison. Count your blessings.

I am currently booking a bunch of domestic flights for my family for an upcoming visit from the States, and on almost every competitive route I check (SYD-PER, CNS-BNE, CNS-SYD, etc.) DJ is dramatically cheaper than QF -- sometimes less than half the price. I've only bought one QF segment so far, because of a dramatically more favorable schedule, and I swallowed hard and paid the premium.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 3:23 pm

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club
Originally Posted by James King
2) Baggage! (not trying to sound up myself but...) Why is it that my Business Class tagged, Platinum fob bags end up last off the conveyor belt every time I fly?5) Why is it that my 10am flight from MEL to SYD leaves at 11:20 along with 4 other jets, that arrive in Sydney at the same time, then only have one baggage carousel available for everyone?
Baggage is one of my bug bears as well. It seems that the ramp controllers have become ramp-lost-controllers of late.

From what I've been told, QF has introduced their new rostering system, iRoster, and instead of having every port doing their own rostering and knowing how to cope with their own problems, a few key-pressers in Sydney are ballsing everything up for everyone around the country.

Decentralise the rostering and let people who know what happens in their own airport fix the problems!
Old Oct 15, 2008, 6:14 pm

<Slightly O/T>

Originally Posted by BearX220
As I sit in the US, the complaints I see about QF domestic service, lounges, etc. make me smile. If you had to fly United Airlines or US Airways around the States for a week, your skulls would explode. There's no comparison. Count your blessings.
Probably should, but can't. Of course, I have no point of reference, so I really don't have a leg to stand on.

In a way, it's a bit like saying we get traffic in Brisbane and we hate it when it gets bad, but then again if we lived somewhere else (for example, Sydney, or - heaven help us - somewhere like Manila or Jakarta), you would argue that is traffic and we're just being plain petty. (Yes, the population of Jakarta is umpteen times more than that in Brisbane, but the conclusion would be the same.)

While from a wider rational perspective that conclusion is totally correct, that doesn't stop people (and certainly me at times) from complaining anyway.

Perhaps I should visit the UA or AA boards on FT and view some of the conundrum. Or is it a case of (a) people in the US lowering their standards so that the current "low" is actually a "norm", or (b) people get sick of complaining so FT is not used for that purpose much?

Originally Posted by BearX220
I am currently booking a bunch of domestic flights for my family for an upcoming visit from the States, and on almost every competitive route I check (SYD-PER, CNS-BNE, CNS-SYD, etc.) DJ is dramatically cheaper than QF -- sometimes less than half the price. I've only bought one QF segment so far, because of a dramatically more favorable schedule, and I swallowed hard and paid the premium.
That's true, but then again you're comparing a full cost carrier vs. a low cost carrier. Again, from a wider perspective the differences are subtly few for the "premium" you speak of, but that's a choice people make anyway.

Note that sometimes if you're "not quick enough", the cheap seats on DJ quickly sell out, leaving the more standard fares left, which are close to or even more expensive than QF fares. So considering you've managed to get some pretty cheap seats on some of those sectors you've listed, you've done well.

Enjoy Australia when you arrive!
Old Oct 15, 2008, 6:58 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Mr CEO you NEED competition.

Damed is the company with no comeptition. Things are quietly falling apart from on board service, aircraft, premium baggage handling, IT and that famous die hard QF ground and cabin crew arrogance and readiness to hit back when critisized- like it's their God given right.

The Spirit of Australia-we take no SH#@... (even when its justified)

CJ
Old Oct 16, 2008, 3:12 am

Stop advertising Starclass as Business Class product

I would tell him to stop advertising Starclass as a Business Class product.
It is merely an alternative to Y.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by anat0l
Enjoy Australia when you arrive!
Thank you. We always do. I love Australia, and not just because the airlines are better. I was born in the wrong hemisphere.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 8:13 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Terminate the relationship with the crooks at Carlson marketing.

And then tell them they have 7 days to either refund my 65,000 points - or send somebody's PA down to Myer with a company card to buy my $500 voucher and deliver it to me.

Useless, absolutely useless, and about to feel in full the mighty vengeance of the sleeping giant of doom that is Shillard.

Watch this space.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Maybe the old codgers in Loyalty Department were so shocked that someone actually used the new FF store that they keeled over!
Old Oct 19, 2008, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Maybe Carlson marketing are hanging on as long as possible before they have to ante up for the Myer voucher ...
Old Oct 20, 2008, 12:15 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Maybe the old codgers in Loyalty Department were so shocked that someone actually used the new FF store that they keeled over!
Actually after looking at an email and some of the items available, they are not all bad. Or more likely Mrs Blackcloud is not a "value" shopper when it comes to spending real cash!:
Old Oct 20, 2008, 12:18 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Oh my question.
When is Qantas, NOT Jetstar!!!, going to do something really serious in NZ and compete with NZ? The TT product will now be so inferior, that if I lost WP status or access to the Flounge I will not be taking QF and never JQ.
Domestic is tolerable but TT the value proposition is not there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.