Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

7th Annual AGM - BNE QP Sat 21 Feb 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

7th Annual AGM - BNE QP Sat 21 Feb 2009

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2009, 4:10 am

Unfortunately I'm now unable to make it.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 1:19 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by thadocta
Change me to Silver, at this stage. I have a love letter from the NSW Sheriff, requiring my presence for jury duty atKatoomba court house, for a trial expected to last four weeks, on 3 February (I fly back from Melbourne on 2 February, talk about timing!!!!!!!) I will know on 3 February, if I am empanelled, I won't be there, if not, I will be there.

Dave
(Who went through four hours on Hisense Arena without a single Hawkeye Challenge - RIPPED OFF!!!!!)

I can lend you one of my T-shirts to wear for the empanelling if you like - guaranteed exemption.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
[QUOTE=willyroo;10341929]Our good friend and AGM organiser QF WP is still trying to save the world from the Sub Prime Mortgage Crisis, so I'm happy to start the meeting process with this post.

Where: BNE Domestic QP, in the FT Corner (if the airconditioning works!).
When: Saturday, 21 February 2009 @ 3pm
RSVP: to this thread, we'll keep a running list of attendees
GOLD:

bizibb NB

(thanks to Bundy Bear for a timely reminder and flight suggestion . Oh and thanks willyroo for managing the logistics while QF WP's out saving the world ^)

I should be in BNE from 10.30AM-7PM. Hope to see you!

(Including the man whose eyes can out-hawk Hawkeye )
Old Jan 25, 2009, 4:59 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
So, what are we doing about lunch? I am happy to arrange the Brekky Creek if there is interest. Can I get a roll call of those who would want to do lunch?
Old Jan 25, 2009, 5:39 am

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
Originally Posted by MetroAir
Can I get a roll call of those who would want to do lunch?
*puts hand up*
Old Jan 25, 2009, 5:43 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
So, what are we doing about lunch? I am happy to arrange the Brekky Creek if there is interest. Can I get a roll call of those who would want to do lunch?
Yes please, assuming my scheduled 12:15 arrival into BNE allows it (if it doesn't, I'll cope ).

Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 7:13 am

Yep, assuming I'm heading to the QP, then Lunch @ Brekkie Creek sounds good to me.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:32 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
While my overall flight plans are now in chaos, I am still planning on being there for lunch.........

Fred
Old Jan 25, 2009, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I'm on the same flight as tuapekastar but will be collecting checked baggage (Golf Clubs) and a Hire Car. While I won't be lunching at brekkie (it's a long enough day as it is).

I can drop some off at the pub, before driving into town to check-in. I will leave the car there and train it back out to the QP; hopefully arriving around 3pm.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 8:09 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Not sure about actually having lunch at Breakfast Creek at this stage. I may be there for a drink or two though....

Originally Posted by serfty
I'm on the same flight as tuapekastar but will be collecting checked baggage (Golf Clubs) and a Hire Car. While I won't be lunching at brekkie (it's a long enough day as it is).
Where are you staying? Any chance of getting a lift to the AFF Golf Tournament the next day, otherwise it will have to be a train trip and a walk to the golf course with my golf clubs! I thought about hiring a car on Sunday but I have a feeling I will still be over the limit....
Old Jan 25, 2009, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

see below ...

Last edited by serfty; Jan 26, 2009 at 2:59 am
Old Jan 25, 2009, 10:06 pm

Programs: QF WP - (I WISH!)
Silver for me Please, QF PS
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:03 pm

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by serfty

I can drop some off at the pub, before driving into town to check-in. I will leave the car there and train it back out to the QP; hopefully arriving around 3pm.
I'll put my hand up for a ride to the BC if that's ok serfty - IIRC it's pretty much on the way into town from BNE? Any probs I can happily find my own way.

Edit: In hindsight I guess baggage and particularly hire car may take a while? Perhaps I was being optimistic, unsure how long that will take for those formalities to occur.

Last edited by tuapekastar; Jan 25, 2009 at 11:42 pm
Old Jan 26, 2009, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JohnK
... Where are you staying? Any chance of getting a lift to the AFF Golf Tournament the next day, otherwise it will have to be a train trip and a walk to the golf course with my golf clubs! I thought about hiring a car on Sunday but I have a feeling I will still be over the limit....
No worries John. 'is the Hilton and if you PM me the details I'll pick you up Sunday morning about an hour prior to tee off.

FWIW, Any FTer's interested in Golf on the Sunday? See these AFF threads for more information:

Last edited by serfty; Jan 26, 2009 at 2:58 am
Old Jan 26, 2009, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tuapekastar
... Edit: In hindsight I guess baggage and particularly hire car may take a while? Perhaps I was being optimistic, unsure how long that will take for those formalities to occur.
I'll have the keys before the clubs IME ~¼ hour after landing. (Blue Chip Customer)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.