Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

7th Annual AGM - BNE QP Sat 21 Feb 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

7th Annual AGM - BNE QP Sat 21 Feb 2009

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2009, 2:14 am

Guys, I'm a scratching for this now.

There's a small chance I might be able to attend, but unlikely. Hope you all have fun and enjoy the bar hospitality (but not too much Don't want anyone being denied service this year!).
Old Feb 19, 2009, 2:34 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
As alluded to earlier in this thread, I will not be attending, I have another matter which is far more pressing and a lot more urgent happening at this time, with a lot more at stake (not for me, but for somebody else). Have fun, I look forward to 2010.

Dave
Old Feb 19, 2009, 4:00 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by thadocta
As alluded to earlier in this thread, I will not be attending, I have another matter which is far more pressing and a lot more urgent happening at this time, with a lot more at stake (not for me, but for somebody else). Have fun, I look forward to 2010.

Dave
Have fun.... sort of. You should have worn the right T-Shirt. I was looking forward to seeing you again. Ah well, maybe next time.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 4:25 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Have fun.... sort of. You should have worn the right T-Shirt. I was looking forward to seeing you again. Ah well, maybe next time.
Seriously though, I actually regard it as an honour and a privilege to be doing it - again, I can't say too much (actually, I can't say anything about it), but it really is an honour and a privilege to be doing this sort of thing. Anyone who says anything to the contrary is an idiot, to have the rest of somebody else's life in your hands is indeed something not to be taken lightly, and you really do need your wits about you when in there.

Again, have fun this weekend, wish I was there.

Dave
Old Feb 19, 2009, 5:42 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by thadocta
Seriously though, I actually regard it as an honour and a privilege to be doing it - again, I can't say too much (actually, I can't say anything about it), but it really is an honour and a privilege to be doing this sort of thing. Anyone who says anything to the contrary is an idiot, to have the rest of somebody else's life in your hands is indeed something not to be taken lightly, and you really do need your wits about you when in there.

Again, have fun this weekend, wish I was there.

Dave
Indeed! Hope it goes well...and hope to see you and Mal at a future FT/AFF meeting.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 5:45 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
Apologies if I nod off during the AGM

Fred
I'm sure there'll be someone to prod you awake again Fred!
Old Feb 19, 2009, 6:37 am

I was hoping to make it along, but alas there are no cheap flights over from PER so maybe next year...
Old Feb 19, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
I have not had an opportunity to go through this thread in detail lately so I'm posting blind.

Freddie Jnr & I will be arriving on QF608 from MEL at 0915. We'll be lunching with the mob at the Brekkie Creek them back to the airport for the 1500 meeting.

serfty will take Freddie Jnr for his onward journey and then I'll leave for CNS on QF786 at 1950.

I'm happy to share transport with who ever is around.

See you all tomorrow.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 3:16 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Late scratching - required at home to look after some ill family members.

Have a beer (or three) for me....
Old Feb 19, 2009, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
... Freddie Jnr & I will be arriving on QF608 from MEL at 0915. We'll be lunching with the mob at the Brekkie Creek them back to the airport for the 1500 meeting. ...
Three of us are on QF614 1105-1225; I can transport four to BCH. (Not lunching myself)
Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
...serfty will take Freddie Jnr for his onward journey and then I'll leave for CNS on QF786 at 1950. ...
Skoogle may be the FJr recipient, see here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...l#post11277497
Old Feb 19, 2009, 7:16 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
Weather update:

Saturday Early rain, afternoon T'storm Min 22 Max 29
Sunday Rain easing to showers. Min 22 Max 28
From my experience over the last 8 months weather forecasts mean absolutely nothing in Brisbane. It can be relatively cloud free and in the next half an hour as if coming out of nowhere the sky is black followed by lightning, thunder and torrential rain.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
I'm a scratching as well, sorry. Too many QF50X flights coming up in the next few weeks!!
Old Feb 19, 2009, 8:48 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Willyroo, then do you want me to "take over" as the contact for QF management for tomorrow.Not sure what you have organised...

I can drive past the Brekky Creek and pick up 3 members @ 2.45pm (well, itsalongwaydown - you have a seat allocated + 2 others). I can take another if they can fit into my daughter's child seat (at least it has a seat belt )
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:49 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
Will attend

Greetings to our dear leader QF WP and all.
Am very happy that I will be able to attend the QC from 15:00 tom. John.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 1:55 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Had plans to try and make it but haven't come through.
Will instead be up in BNE for the 4th time in 3 wks on Mon.

Hope all have a great time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.