Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

7th Annual AGM - BNE QP Sat 21 Feb 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

7th Annual AGM - BNE QP Sat 21 Feb 2009

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2008, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
JQ19 has been moved from 21/2 to 22/2. So not possible to get F Lounge access this way. Are there any other domestic flights to anywhere leaving the international terminals of SYD or MEL that day?

EDIT: Found QF81 SYD-ADL but this doesn't connect to arrive in BNE in time for the AGM.
Have checked out both QF and JQ schedules and seems our options are rather....limited. And that's really more a euphemism...

Options:
  • Exactly on Saturday (21/02)
    • QF81 SYD-ADL followed by ADL-BNE. Hop off the plane in ADL at around 1245h, then need to allow for at least 90 min MCT. QF search engine gives the earliest legal connection as arriving in BNE at around 1835h. Great
    • JQ35 SYD-MEL followed by MEL-BNE. JQ35 arrives in MEL at around 1645. Again add the Int<->Dom MCT; we're in BNE at around the same time as the previous option.
  • Around Saturday
    • Any of the above options, except an overnight required at the intermediate port, or in BNE.
    • JQ61 and JQ73, which are -DRW sectors ex MEL and SYD respectively. Fly on Friday, then veg in DRW Airport until midnight-ish, then either direct JQ or QF back to BNE, or via SYD. Not for the feint hearted, for very obvious reasons.
  • Other Options (from the ingenious to downright "silly" / impossible)
    • International connections. As posted earlier in this thread, the easiest of these is SYD-AKL on 20/02, then overnight in AKL (e.g. camp in the airport) then AKL-BNE etc. next day. Or perhaps more creative than that, a la Kiwi Flyer
    • One could try for SYD-AKL QF141 followed by AKL-BNE QF126. This can be achieved on the same day (i.e. 21/02) and arrives in BNE at 1510h (assuming no .... delays ) - which, even after adding in time required to clear customs etc., is not a bad arrival time. One problem might be justifying to immigration the reason for the dead short TT...
    • Charter a service (e.g. through favours, QF conference travel, giant group travel, etc.) and beg it to leave from SYD T1 / MEL T2.......
    • Beg for FL use without needing an Int ticket....
Seems the FL option could be down the drain unless someone could make "special arrangements" with someone at QF or people spend more time to make the run....
Old Oct 3, 2008, 4:27 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Silver and WP.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 3:31 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
color me Silver as an AA PLT

I know I should have this event entered in the calendar for the next N years, but gee guys this is the prime time for short holidays when SE Asia is somewhat cooler and the younger generation is back in the school system(s).

So to pull this off it may be SIN-BNE-PER......

Wandering above and beyond ...

Fred
Old Oct 4, 2008, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
color me Silver as an AA PLT

I know I should have this event entered in the calendar for the next N years, but gee guys this is the prime time for short holidays when SE Asia is somewhat cooler and the younger generation is back in the school system(s).

So to pull this off it may be SIN-BNE-PER......

Wandering above and beyond ...

Fred
& who say you are not a FTer ...
Old Oct 6, 2008, 1:30 am

Programs: QF, GF, VA, AA
Silver (SG)
Old Oct 8, 2008, 3:40 am

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
$89 each way from SYD with the current sale.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 7:59 pm

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Silver for me until I know what I am likely to be doing. If I come I will be WP still. Can I get any more colours in there - sure, I can help a NB into the lounge
Old Oct 11, 2008, 7:56 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Thanks for doing the thread and organising the email to Wendy. Actually, had very few problems with the market issues, rather lots of financial plans to do and illness last week had me off work.

Gold and Gold.

Originally Posted by willyroo
Team,
I've spoken to the manager of the QF Club in BNE and we are "welcome" on Saturday 21 February. It was agreed that the J lounge wouldn't be available for such a (likely) large gathering.
Where's that QF WP guy to do all this organising?

(Sounds of stomping off in feigned indignation)

Old Oct 17, 2008, 6:40 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Please put me down as Gold for the AGM. I have Platinum status.

I must remember not to book a flight back to Sydney that weekend....
Old Oct 19, 2008, 12:33 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Put me down as Gold.

Status is currently WP BUT probably SG by February.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 6:03 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Put me down as silver.QFF-NB.I really would like to make it but this is down as working time and I may be anywhere.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 6:06 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by og
Silver and WP.
Now upgraded to GOLD
Old Oct 21, 2008, 6:53 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
I'm Gold (but only PS, alas).

Dave
Old Oct 22, 2008, 12:56 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thadocta
I'm Gold (but only PS, alas).
Let me guess, you also bought your tickets in the last minutes of the QF sale?
Old Nov 9, 2008, 4:05 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
There is another sale at the moment and I am going to book in the next two days.
Which flights are you guys taking to/from Sydney? Happy to provide a ride to the airport like last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.