Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2008, 4:33 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Thanks to all that contributed to the organization of todays AGM.

Thanks to Bob, Oztraveler for guesting me into the Flounge.

Thanks to willyroo for being so gracious.

Thanks to QF for making me WP for the first time ever and on such an auspicious flight - I'll remember that for sure.

Thanks to the BNE Ft'ers for making us all welcome despite the heat and halfhearted air conditioning.

Thanks to DownUnderFlyer for the ride this morning

And thanks to everyone for being there and bringing our community on FT that little bit closer.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 6:25 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
What a great day that was. Just got off the plane here in Sydney with og and thadocta.
Thanks QF WP for organizing in BNE and thedocta for organizing in SYD and everyone else who shuttled, organized lunch (little_flier), dinner etc.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 7:53 am

Programs: QFWP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
I'll writeup a bit more in the coming days (and post some of the photos too, unless anyone has any objections?), but can I just say a big thankyou to Ozmerish for driving us to/from Brekky Creek? Thanks mate!

Also great to meet everyone...a top day had by all I'm sure.

Cheers,
- Febs.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 9:30 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
FINALLY home! Approaching 42 hours awake (with only around an hour or so napping in a dark corner at the BNE DOM QP whilst the rest went for lunch at the Brekkie Creek !)

Was good to catch up with you all. Thanks to OzTraveller for getting me the ONLY set of J pyjamas loaded onto QF175 yesterday morning. (Don't know what I am going to do with them - pyjamas? I rarely wear them! Oops, better not go down that path!) Thanks to DUF for getting me into the FLounge at SYD, having experienced The Wing (F side) and now the SYD FLounge, I can easily say that, for their intended purposes, the SYD FLounge is easily the best lounge in OW.

QF WP and I had a good long chat about increasing the exposure of the QF FT group on Facebook - more to come (stay tuned).

Willyroo (all hail our gracious leader) paid out on me because we weren't in the FT corner (the power had failed, did we really want to be in a building without air-conditioning, facing west, at a time of day when the sun was going to come streaming through the windows? You might be moderator, but please, get real!)

All in all, a good day (even though I was absolutely pumped full of caffeine - can we schedule this on a Sunday next time please QF WP?), thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone.

One thing for next time though, QF are looking at almost eliminating the DOM flights between INT terminals, so I don't think we will be able to FLounge next time, although the DOM JLounge will be an option for those who don't normally have access to it (where they exist).

Dave

Last edited by thadocta; Feb 23, 2008 at 9:35 am
Old Feb 23, 2008, 3:18 pm

Programs: QF, GF, VA, AA
Thanks all for helping make the day enjoyable. Good to see some familiar faces and to meet some new ones.

Flight back to NTL on JQ was the same aircraft and crew that brought me up. I did not purchase any booze on the flight

Last edited by SFSC; Feb 23, 2008 at 3:19 pm Reason: add a word & spelling
Old Feb 23, 2008, 3:59 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Brilliant day. Thanks to everyone for making it a success. You Queenslanders must have rocks in your head. Meeting in the hottest, most exposed part of the QP when the real 3 person official meeting occurred in the duely designated FT corner. Due to this, I might have a word to QF Global HQ in SYD and suggest they revoke all international flights ex BNE and return them to their rightful departure location (ie SYD) and enhance the DH8 feeder flights from all capitals to link up with SYD.

Thanks to D.U.F. for the lift last night - very appreciated.

thedocta - Sunday FT AGMs? Not sure I could cope with the slow day following if I am pretending to work in a proper and productive manner...

Thanks to the stragglers in the QP for hanging around past the designated dinner time to keep us SYD folk entertained until our flight boarded.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 3:59 pm

Programs: QF WP. LTG
Let me add my thanks for a great day. It was nice to be able to put a face to a name and and pick up so many travel and ticketing "hints".

A special congratulations to GOLDFLYER for reaching the ranks of WP....
Old Feb 23, 2008, 4:16 pm

Programs: QF WP, QP Life, LT Gold, AA, DL
Just wanted to add my word of thanks to all who helped organise the day yesterday. It was lots of fun (Although I'm not sure that having my name paged over the PA for an 'your flight is awaiting an IMMEDIATE departure' is something that I'd want to happen too often...but then again I was in good company!) and good to put some faces to some names.

Looking forward to next year already!
Old Feb 23, 2008, 4:22 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Nice to meet so many FTers - both old and new. With the SYD flight and my HVB flight, is this a record for most FTers individually paged on the same day going to the same do?
Old Feb 23, 2008, 4:22 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
I'd like to add my thanks to everyone for such a great day also.

Really nice to put some people to the screen names I've gotten used to reading over the years, here and elsewhere.

I had a great time chatting to some wonderful people.

Looking forward to the next one...

And surprisingly, the bill was less than $1000!!
Old Feb 23, 2008, 5:42 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by MetroAir
And surprisingly, the bill was less than $1000!!
I bet the QF bar bill (SYD FLounge inclusive) was more than that!
Old Feb 23, 2008, 5:58 pm

Well the B.O.M has the following recorded as the temps yesterday in Brisbane.

Brisbane Airport: Max Temp 39.8 degrees. Humidity at 3pm 61%.
Brisbane (General): Max Temp 40.2 degrees. Humidity at 3pm not recorded.
Qantas Club: Max Temp 43.1 degrees. Humidity at 3pm 72%.

It was the hottest day in Summer in Brisbane this year. Only a couple of degrees from record Feb temperature in Brisbane.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 6:02 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by NM
I bet the QF bar bill (SYD FLounge inclusive) was more than that!
Quite likely!!

I was referring to the bill I have to pay for being there
Old Feb 23, 2008, 6:12 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by MetroAir
Quite likely!!

I was referring to the bill I have to pay for being there
Good to see that Mrs MetroAir was very restrained .
Old Feb 23, 2008, 7:00 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Well, .... I think the BNE QP/sauna staff were relieved to see us all leave yesterday evening as we all had a great time. ... some more than others. A group of eight kicked on at the Norman Hotel for a non vege meal and a few badly needed refreshments incl some red wine

Thanks QF WP and team for the organisation of everything yesterday, for those who played chauffer through the day and evening and to all the new 'friends' I've finally met. Only request is that in future there is consultation with the BOM and the power company to balance the temperature vs power usage. ie it was toooo blxxxy hot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.