Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2008, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The weather forecast is good!
Code:
Friday        Fine.                                  Min 22    Max 34
Saturday      Fine.                                  Min 23    Max 36
Sunday        Fine.                                  Min 22    Max 31
Old Feb 20, 2008, 4:47 pm

Programs: QF LTS, AA 2MM, CO
Shuttle service wont be an issue for folks that need to get into town. CBD is just down the street. Sure we can sort it on the day. Happy to lend a hand.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 5:56 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by serfty
Scott,

Given the convoy being offered; I'll be able to take you and 3 other punters, drop them off at the BK and proceed into town with you to the Sofitel , wait, then take you back to the BK.

I'm doing similar with the Conrad.
Thanks dude - legend.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tuapekastar
1) I'm flying QF175 SYD-BNE. Can I get the BP for this at MEL checkin for QF400 earlier on Saturday? I believe I need to have a big orange D stuck on it? What is the procedure for people flying Dom legs of an Int'l flight (I know I have to comply with the liquids/gels rules and have photo id).

2) Is a safety razor (disposable or otherwise) prohibited in carry-on baggage? I've usually had checked baggage to put it in but this time I won't. There is no specific reference to safety razors on QF website that I can find.

Thanks
You should be fine with the razor - other than that, you can get a new one (complimentary) in the SYD Flounge.

I'm in the same boat (except for the razor ), albeit ½ an hour behind you and don't expect to be able to OLCI.

If it's not busy, I intend to go to the "Domestic connection to International check-in Desk". This is to the right of the x-ray area down a little towards the JQ desks.

Failing that, I'll simply try to check-in for both at the QP.

If I can't get both BPs in MEL (unlikely); I'll just get the MEL-SYD BP and retry at the Dom Int Transfer desk in SYD T3. (They do have the orange stickers but will almost certainly try to be "helpful" and offer a domestic flight instead - which I will decline).

Last edited by serfty; Feb 20, 2008 at 10:00 pm
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:25 pm

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Thanks all for lessening my naivety! Sounds like my biggest problem will be QF trying to kill me with kindness (offering domestic/direct flights)!!

I also would like to dump luggage at some stage, though as it's only carry-on it's not that big a deal if I don't.

Cheers.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:05 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by QF WP

Silver
perthite: Gold
ozmerish: Platinum
RichardMEL: Silver
QF NB: Bronze
smithym: Bronze
futaris: Bronze
Edgysquid: Bronze
Hi, Sorry for being incommunicado last few days. Yes, I will be up there. I am on flight 404 up from Melbourne, getting into Syd 7:50 or so, and will make my was across to int terminal.

I do have to leave the festivities early though and will be leaving back to Sydney on the 17:15 fight.

Also, if there is room at lunch, count me in.

Last edited by perthite; Feb 20, 2008 at 11:11 pm
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:26 pm

Programs: QF WP + PG
Originally Posted by QF WP
MetroAir, looks like there hasn't been a definite time put to lunch by littl_flier, so I'll let him advise you (and all others on the list).
Sorry MetroAir, I've booked the table for lunch from 11am and we can start ordering lunch from 11:30am. By the time most of us make it from QF175, I'd imagine it'll be between 11 and 11:30.

perthite, I've added you to the list and extended the booking for any others interested.

Only two days to go!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perthite is on the same MEL-SYD flight as myself.

I've updated the seat Map:
Old Feb 21, 2008, 2:18 am

Programs: QP Plat, BA
Originally Posted by serfty
I've updated the seat Map
I just don't understand. Why would someone want to sit next to me?

Anyhow, I want to try the upstairs area, so I wonder if anyone has a suggestion for a better or no-worse upstairs seat.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 2:41 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Originally Posted by Skoogle
I just don't understand. Why would someone want to sit next to me?

Anyhow, I want to try the upstairs area, so I wonder if anyone has a suggestion for a better or no-worse upstairs seat.
Do you stink?

Zone A on a 2-class is far preferable to upper deck anytime.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:00 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Strange, I've just received my departure email from QF for both flights tomorrow, nothing unusual about that, but an anomoly on the QF175 email (seperate PNR's for the two flights):

Originally Posted by Qantas Departure Email
Check-in

We are committed to departing on time and know this is important to your plans, to assist us with this please check-in at least 120 minutes before departure.

To save time, check-in online between 24 hours and 1 hour before your scheduled departure, regardless of whether you have baggage to be checked on to the plane. Check-in online in 5 easy steps from home, the office or anywhere you can access the internet and a printer.
(My bolding).

The strange thing is that the email has obviously taken into account that this is an international flight, and therefore has the 120 minute reference as far as check-in goes (instead of the normal 45 minutes that these emails normally have). So why does it then go on to mention OLCI>

Dave
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:30 pm

For those that are still shown as Silver, please advise whether you are attending:

Silver
futaris: Bronze
I'll be there at the BNE Domestic Terminal tomorrow morning, as I have to take a rental car and some people back to the domestic airport.

I may join people for Lunch at Brekkie Creek, and can probably provide a shuttle for 3 more people, if need be.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:34 pm

Programs: QF Plat - LT Gold, SQ Silver, Hertz 5 Star
Count me in (assuming it's not too late)

Originally Posted by littl_flier
It seems the general consensus was for Brekkie Creek for lunch, but correct me if I'm wrong. It can get a little busy on the weekends so I was thinking of making a booking so we can all get a table together.

If you re-confirm whether you're interested or not in doing lunch and I'll make a booking for us.

Attendees:

1. littl_flier
2. Febs2
3. Skoogle
4. Aus_Mal
5. DownUnderFlyer
6. Itsalongwaydown
7. GoldFlyer (it's oestrogen apparently here)
8. ant0l
9. thadocta
10. Coathanger
11. notzac
12. moa999
13. JohnSydney2000
14. emmel
15. OzTraveller
16. MetroAir
17. tuapekastar
18. Bundy Bear
19. perthite

Confirmed Plat
Definitely Maybe Gold

There's still plenty of room to extend the booking for anyone else interested. Thanks for everyone's responses.
Assuming I will be there early enough - I will be arriving from ICN via HKG on CX103 (at 10:35). I can book a car if anyone else needs a lift, otherwise, I'll probably just taxi it.

Dotty (Dot on AFF)
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:35 pm

Programs: QF WP + PG
Originally Posted by futaris
I'll be there at the BNE Domestic Terminal tomorrow morning, as I have to take a rental car and some people back to the domestic airport.

I may join people for Lunch at Brekkie Creek, and can probably provide a shuttle for 3 more people, if need be.
Fanstastic, I've added you to the list Futaris as a Definitely Maybe.

It's going to be a hot one, temperature's forecast for 36.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:42 pm

Programs: QF Plat - LT Gold, SQ Silver, Hertz 5 Star
Lunch - yes please

Please count me in for lunch littl_flyer. I will be arriving from ICN via HKG on CX103 (arriving 10:35). From the cost estimates for taxi's here, I think I will hire a car, so I will be able to get 3 others to the hotel if reqd.

Sorry for the late notice.

Dotty (Dot on AFF)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.