Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2008, 10:48 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by anat0l
[/LIST][*]Scrap the FLounge experience [/LIST]
It was the QF175 FLounge thing that suckered me into going! So, if it is scrapped, may need to think of something else to replace it!
Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:28 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by willyroo
At least I was there in spirit eh?
Perhaps you were there imbibing spirits!
Old Feb 25, 2008, 1:35 am

Programs: QF Bronze
Hey guys, although I only really talked to a few of you and was only there for 58 minutes (thanks to my cheapness in relation to parking costs) I really enjoyed getting to meet some ft'ers

I will definitely be on board next year.

Andy

Ps QF WP I told my girlfriend that I was in fact not a nerd and it was her who needed to get a life as you suggested, sadly this was met by a right hook to the arm, thanks for the advice...
Old Feb 25, 2008, 3:08 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
The Thanks List

I would just like to add my chorus of thanks to those who took the time to make the AGM so enjoyable. Without doubt the visit to the First Lounge, the "roll call" and "headrest incident" have combined to make QF175 my most memorable flight to date.

My personal thanks to:

* emmell for smuggling me into the F Lounge
* ozmerish and willyroo for the lifts
* littl_flier and Febs2 for the memorable stories
Old Feb 25, 2008, 3:44 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Thanks to QF WP our esteemed FT QF AGM meeting convener especially for getting it cleared by the QF Club in Brisbane.

Thanks to Thadocta for organizing the groups to get us into the F lounge.

Thanks to Littl_flier into pestering Aus_mal into going to Sydney for an F lounge run. I would never have flown down without those 2.

Thanks to Littl_flier for organizing a booking for lunch and Serfty for making a booking for dinner and to Shillard to providing something to go with the meal.

Thanks to Serfty; QF WP; Ozmerish, Futaris & Johnsydney2000 for providing transport.

Thanks to MOA999 for choosing QF175, great idea that. @:-)

Thanks to Kiwi flyer for joining us all the way from New Zealand.

Thanks to those travelers from Sydney and Melbourne to join us in Brisbane even though the weather was dam hot.

Thanks to Qantas in providing the flights and the lounges, where else in the world can you invite a guest into a lounge and supply some nice beverages.

Thanks to the staff at the First lounge in Sydney for providing breakfast and service was first class. ^

Thanks to Johnsydney2000 for getting me into the F lounge.

Was going to Sydney for breakfast and worth the $193, Most definitely.

And a photo; with names attached; oops I made an error; thanks corrected now.

Last edited by Bundy Bear; Feb 25, 2008 at 6:01 am
Old Feb 25, 2008, 4:08 am

Programs: QF LTS, AA 2MM, CO
Hi all!

Quick note to say how much I enjoyed catching up with the group this weekend!

Good to meet new friends and put more faces to names.

Thanks to Bundy Bear for getting that photo up!

Looking forward to the next get together - and thanks to all that were responsible for making this one happen!
Old Feb 25, 2008, 5:24 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
If we wanted to do the meeting in BNE again, then we need to change the day of the week. Why?

Thursdays in February 2009 sees the operation of QF19 SYD-BNE-MNL....

Alternatively JQ 35 flies from SYD to MEL on Saturday (and other days).

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Feb 25, 2008 at 5:31 am
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:09 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
I think Dave counted 70 or 80 - but that was after a few drinks.
Only a few??????

I actually managed to verify that an appointment with my optometrist was necessary during the BNE-SYD flight. I finished the flight with broken glasses, and sans one lens. If I am going to get new glasses made up, I might as well get retested at the same time.

(I don't REALLY need them, it is just that my right eye is lazy, and the glasses correct that. Just don't tell Marat Safin, Lleyton Hewitt, Peter Luczak, and a few others).

Dave
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:15 am
In Memoriam

I didn't get more than a few winks of sleep between the times 22-02-2008 0330h and 23-02-2008 2200h,
I know how you feel! 42.5 hours without real sleep, I was on 42 hours (and managed to create a little bit of a scene on the QF 559, although only with the guy sitting in 13A, 13B was blocked, and I was in 13C. I don't think anyone else saw it, and I need new spectaclaes after it, but that is what you get when you combine fatigue and copious amounts of alcohol).

Dave

Last edited by thadocta; Feb 25, 2008 at 11:24 am
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:20 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by willyroo
At least I was there in spirit eh?
Bourbon, scotch or gin?

Dave
Old Feb 25, 2008, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
If we wanted to do the meeting in BNE again, then we need to change the day of the week. Why?

Thursdays in February 2009 sees the operation of QF19 SYD-BNE-MNL....

Alternatively JQ 35 flies from SYD to MEL on Saturday (and other days).
Looks promising! Hope they don't decide to scrap these routings.

QF19 leaves at 1220h so that makes for a nice long time in the FLounge (pre-AGM? ) or at least not having to wake up blindingly early. If only that the day was Thursday

JQ35 looks promising - FLounge crawl? (SYD T1 then MEL Intl? Unless arriving passengers aren't allowed passage into the departing airside area). So one could probably go SYD-MEL-BNE. (It would be harder if QF had that 10k point promotion or the like again, because the QF Holidays flights are always booked as return). Then there's always StarClass for that route too.

Where does JQ35 come from anyway? Looks like there are a few other JQ sectors I believe that have a domestic leg in them.

Last edited by anat0l; Feb 25, 2008 at 5:46 pm
Old Feb 25, 2008, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Well, a Thursday would certainly drop numbers down to where I think it might be hard to obtain a quorum for the meeting.

The JQ35 flight would be a possibility, as I for one, would be willing to do a BNE/SYD/MEL/BNE run for the continuation of the AGM's.

We can talk about this next year - when is too early to start the 2008 thread??
Old Feb 25, 2008, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
... Where does JQ35 come from anyway? Looks like there are a few other JQ sectors I believe that have a domestic leg in them.
It's currently the continuing aircraft operating JQ18 arriving into SYD from BNE and KIX. From MEL it proceeds as JQ35 to Denpasar.

I have taken it 3 times so far (as well as the same day JQ18/JQ35 double twice). :-:Class for $242, 40 SC's and 1125 QFF points, preceded by a nice feed from the SYD Flounge all day menu.

Last edited by serfty; Feb 25, 2008 at 7:50 pm
Old Feb 25, 2008, 7:44 pm

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Sounds like I missed a really great day (minus the heatwave) . Having just got out of hospital I doubt I could have run for the final boarding calls to catch QF175 . I have been on the SQ A380 so I can understand why some were standing around watching that HUGE aircraft taxi out at SYD - its amazing ^.

Now I have checked out the photo, thank you for posting it. Where are all the WOMEN???? . I would have been hugely outnumbered if I had been able to attend this year.

So next year I will have to attend as the representative of the female side of FT .

Cheers
Old Feb 25, 2008, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by QF WP
... We can talk about this next year - when is too early to start the 2008 thread??
It's too early at 354 days - one can't book flights until 353.

Last edited by serfty; Feb 25, 2008 at 7:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.