FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Qantas Fleet Information [updated regularly] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/480271-qantas-fleet-information-updated-regularly.html)

DownUnder Oct 9, 2006 11:11 pm

I can confirm that neither ZK-JNC nor ZK-JNO have business class seats.

beno Oct 10, 2006 4:14 am

VH-OJM also now has AVOD fitted

QF NB Oct 15, 2006 10:00 pm

Thanks for that Beno ;)

Qantas A330-200, VH-EBC arrived in Melbourne yesterday morning from Manila as QF6008 sporting an all white scheme - with only the Qantas and "Spirit of Australia" titles intact. VH-EBC will be one of the 332s which will launch inaugural JQi services later on in November. I believe the aircraft will have the cabin upgraded in AVV over the next few weeks.

VH-EBC recommenced RPT services today flying QF408 MEL-SYD earlier this morning before operating QF924 SYD-CNS. -EBC is now being prepared in Cairns for QF925 back to Sydney.

So no surprises if you see VH-EBC now!

Cheers

QF NB Oct 16, 2006 1:18 am

For those interested, here is a rather bare VH-EBC being prepared for QF408 Melbourne to Sydney earlier this morning:

VH-EBC @ MEL
(NB: 349KB PNG)

I'll see if I can find the image I have of the proposed JQi livery (for the A330-200) - it's here somewhere, I know it :(

QF NB Oct 17, 2006 2:04 am

Managed to find it...

It's different to the proposed livery released a few months back (Orange engines and smaller "Jetstar.com") and is different to the one Boeing generated when Jetstar/Qantas placed its 787 order (see here). IIRC, the JQi 787 livery will be different due to issues painting the composite materials.

Jetstar International (JQi) A330-200 Livery - This is the livery you will see on the 332s, unless there is a last minute change
(NB: Bad quality and 112KB in size)

Much prefer the livery found on the A320 tbh.

Cheers

QF NB Oct 17, 2006 7:39 pm

Apparently Qantas is still set to receive the extra 5 737-800s within the next year, which may be fitted with high density fixed J seating (say 20J). If so, this will bring the total 73H fleet to 38, which is impressive.

If my memory serves me right, I believe Qantas obtained extra finance a few months back (Media release on QF.com?) for the purchase of these new aircraft.

Cheers

QF NB Oct 21, 2006 6:28 am

AVOD Update

VH-OJD now has AVOD as does VH-OJN.

VH-OEC goes in on Tuesday and will be on the ground for 6 weeks, as in addition to the AVOD upgrade, maintenance will also be carried out.

So effective WED, 19 (out of 30) 747-400s will have the AVOD system.

Other News

Jetstar A320 VH-VQA has returned to 3K in Singapore and is expected to be one of the dedicated craft operating CNS-SIN-CNS.

End of an era... Effective next Weekend (SUN 29th) the BAe146 will operate its last flight for QantasLink*. The final BAe146 flight is slated as PER-KNX-ZNE-PER (This will be the last QantasLink flight into Kununurra also). Effective Monday 30th, QantasLink will become a 717 and Dash-8 operation only. Will be sad to see this aircraft leave operations with QantasLink - was a nice aircraft to fly in and was most certainly one of the strangest looking planes out there :D

QantasLink recently took delivery of its latest Q400, VH-QOG, which is expected to enter service within the next 2 weeks.

Word is 747-300 VH-EBT may retire after it arrives back into Sydney from the Captains Choice Tour (Mexico & South America).

Cheers

* may change due to operational reasons

QF NB Oct 25, 2006 7:34 pm

You saw it first on Flyertalk!

Below is VH-EBD in Manila in the full Jetstar International livery (although can't see tail in the photo):

VH-EBD
(NB: May take some time to load if on dial up)

Talk about shiney :D

ANstar Oct 26, 2006 2:13 am

Originally Posted by QF NB
You saw it first on Flyertalk!

Below is VH-EBD in Manila in the full Jetstar International livery (although can't see tail in the photo):

VH-EBD
(NB: May take some time to load if on dial up)

Talk about shiney :D

I don't think I like. I prefer the domestic livery... not a fan of the .com liveries. I think Orange engines would also be nicer.

infoworks Oct 26, 2006 3:17 am

.com seems to be the differentiator between lcc and other airlines.

QF NB Oct 26, 2006 10:56 am

Qantas has once again secured the Garuda Indonesia Hajj charters..

They will base 2 747-300s in Jakarta for use from 25 NOV 2006 to 04 FEB 2007 (subject to change of course)...

This will leave 3 743s to operate BNE-SIN-BNE 05-10 DEC, Honolulu (up until year's end) and Perth-Sydney and Melbourne.

For those interested, here's 2 more photos (different angle) of VH-EBD sporting the new Jetstar International livery (This time courtesy of AeroTransport Data Bank):

VH-EBD #1
VH-EBD #2

Yada Yada Oct 26, 2006 6:23 pm

For those interested, here's 2 more photos (different angle) of VH-EBD sporting the new Jetstar International livery (This time courtesy of AeroTransport Data Bank):

VH-EBD #1
VH-EBD #2

Looks great. Although I'm sad to see these birds leave the QF fleet.

Interesting to see that they are leveraging off the QF name by putting "A Qantas Group airline" on the hull in large lettering.

GibSpmuh Oct 26, 2006 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Yada Yada
Interesting to see that they are leveraging off the QF name by putting "A Qantas Group airline" on the hull in large lettering.

Yeah, nothing like using the name as a selling point, but we all know how much it actually counts for if things go pear shaped. :td:

og Oct 26, 2006 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by GibSpmuh
Yeah, nothing like using the name as a selling point, but we all know how much it actually counts for if things go pear shaped. :td:

Qantas can't have it both ways. By saying "part of the Qanats Group..: there is an implication that DeathStar carries the full support that QF mainline gives when things do go pear shaped. If they don't give that support and back-up, they shouldn't try to hang their business off the Qantas banner.

Kiwi Flyer Oct 28, 2006 11:07 am

------------------------
Qantas NZ (JetConnect) (733, 734)

Jetconnect 737-300
Code:

ZK-JNB                737-376                130Y
ZK-JNC                737-376                130Y+
ZK-JND                737-376                8J/112Y*
ZK-JNG                737-376                8J/112Y* (withdrawn from service late-Oct)
ZK-JNN                737-376                8J/112Y*
ZK-JNO                737-376                130Y+

* the aforementioned 733s have 8J Business Class seats,
although when in operation domestically in New Zealand,
flights are sold as all Economy (120Y). When operated
on  Trans-tasman services, flights operate using the
8J/112Y configuration.

+ ZK-JNC/O: has been rumoured that both of these aircraft may
have J seats installed, although nothing has been confirmed.
These aircraft would then be configured 8J/112Y, operating 120Y
on intra-NZ services.

Jetconnect 737-400
Code:

ZK-JTP                737-476                16J/126Y*
ZK-JTQ                737-476                16J/126Y*

* the aforementioned 734s have 16J Business Class seats,
although when in operation domestically in New Zealand,
flights are sold as all Economy (150Y). When operated
on  Trans-tasman services, flights operate using the
16J/126Y configuration.

JNC and JNO definitely have no business seats - all Y seating.