FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Qantas Fleet Information [updated regularly] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/480271-qantas-fleet-information-updated-regularly.html)

Kiwi Flyer Feb 25, 2007 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by nonce (Post 7290153)
Just got off JTQ today on the SYD-WLG run. The aircraft has the Millenium J seats in a 16J config.

Excellent. I'll be on the lookout for it. Sorry your upgrade didn't clear. I haven't been in a position to request an upgrade on QF for quite a while (and now the last UCs are expired :( ).

nonce Feb 26, 2007 11:35 pm

ran into JTQ again today, but sadly it operated the 4pm WLG-AKL service while I was on the 5:30pm which was operated by an all Y 733. I just cant seem to get any luck with QF at the moment as I got seat 1F but it was a Y, not a J seat.

DownUnder Apr 13, 2007 1:11 pm

Does anyone know when or if JTR will join the Qantas JetConnect NZ domestic fleet ?

QF NB Apr 13, 2007 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by DownUnder (Post 7577278)
Does anyone know when or if JTR will join the Qantas JetConnect NZ domestic fleet ?

Sometime within the next month I would expect...

Appears VH-TJN's (to become ZK-JTR) last flight was on the 4th April (ADL-MEL) and I would imagine it's in MEL now being reconfigured and having a minor livery change.

Rgds

QF NB Apr 16, 2007 9:55 am

ZK-JTP now features Millennium (73H style) J seating... (both 734s now have this product).

I have heard the extra 734, ZK-JTR will join the fleet early June.

Rgds

Kiwi Flyer Apr 16, 2007 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by QF NB (Post 7589488)
I have heard the extra 734, ZK-JTR will join the fleet early June.

Rgds

I hope so. Looking at QF's domestic NZ schedule there are some extra flights for the ski & rugby season. I haven't done the maths but looked to me like another a/c would be needed (or else drop some trans-tasman flights).

DownUnder Apr 22, 2007 8:10 pm

[QUOTE=QF NB;7589488]ZK-JTP now features Millennium (73H style) J seating... (both 734s now have this product).

Flew JTP last night and the new seats were very nice too ! :)

QF NB May 26, 2007 4:22 am

Qantas 767 VH-OGL sports a new Wallabies scheme.

For photos, please click here

Very nice if you ask me ^

Rgds

SYDNEY, 25 MAY 2007: Qantas’ flying tribute to the Qantas Wallabies took to the air for the first time today. Qantas Group General Manager Marketing Neil Ross said the detailed Boeing 767-300 aircraft was a key element of the airline’s sponsorship of the Qantas Wallabies, and an important opportunity to showcase the airline’s support for the team before the first match of the international season tomorrow. “Qantas is proud to support the Qantas Wallabies as they begin their final preparations for the road to France and The Rugby World Cup 2007,” he said. “This year is a particularly important year for rugby, and the Qantas Wallabies are working hard to unite fans all around the world.” The aircraft features the green and gold colours of the Qantas Wallabies and the iconic Qantas kangaroo image has donned the team’s scarf. Other features on the aircraft include the recently launched website, www.worldwidewallabies.com. Qantas has worn its support for a number of sporting teams in the past, including the Qantas Socceroos during their World Cup campaign in 2006, the Commonwealth Games in 2006, and the Qantas Wallabies during their involvement in The Rugby World Cup in 2003.

ZK-JTP Jul 11, 2007 5:58 am

Originally Posted by nonce (Post 7290153)
Just got off JTQ today on the SYD-WLG run. The aircraft has the Millenium J seats in a 16J config. There were 7 spares seats in J but my upgrade request did not clear!

Jetconnect are now forcing economy PAX wanting to use the forward bathroom stand behind the curtain and wait until called up to the front but at least the front two rows of Y are still getting the P DVD players.

I didn't head down the back of the plane but it appears a coat locker of some description has been installed behind the last row of Y and an announcement made that the exit row seats do not recline.

I havent had an upgrade request clear from my last 5 attempts over the past 3 mths. Is this still a FF benefit?

Some notes about this:
- Sometimes spare seats are availiable in J but not filled due to cargo loads in the front of the aircraft.
- Exit rows do not recline in case we ever need to evacuate using the overwings. Reclined seats would slow down an evacuation.
- The coat coubard mentioned on some aircraft is labelled 'Crew Use Only' and has a lock on it.
- As for standing behind the curtain, different crew have different opinions, but generally we believe that's fair. The forward galley is tiny, and it's not really a good look to have a whole bunch of people crowding the front of the plane (plus it means there's less space for flight attendants trying to work).

As for any questions about the config of the B734's, JTP/Q/R are all fitted with Millenium seats =)

workflyer Jul 11, 2007 8:08 am

Originally Posted by QF NB (Post 7579280)
Sometime within the next month I would expect...

Appears VH-TJN's (to become ZK-JTR) last flight was on the 4th April (ADL-MEL) and I would imagine it's in MEL now being reconfigured and having a minor livery change.

Rgds

I believe ZK - JTR was infact VH - TJR, not TJN. As with VH- TJP being ZK - JTP and VH - TJQ being ZK -JTQ.

I may be wrong but I have it on good authority that this was the process of registration for these aircraft.

ZK-JTP Jul 12, 2007 5:53 am

Originally Posted by workflyer (Post 8038431)
I believe ZK - JTR was infact VH - TJR, not TJN. As with VH- TJP being ZK - JTP and VH - TJQ being ZK -JTQ.

I may be wrong but I have it on good authority that this was the process of registration for these aircraft.

In one of the QF newsletters it was noted that P/Q randomly matched up with their old registrations when being added to the NZ register. JTR is ex VH-TJN.

Its the same with JNN, etc - which used to be VH-TJA (I mean, the registrations are completely different). JTR was the next logical rego continuing the P/Q/R trend with the 734's.

On a side note: I've heard about a possible ZK-JTS due sometime in 2008, can anyone confirm?

QF NB Jul 12, 2007 5:56 am

Originally Posted by workflyer (Post 8038431)

Hi workflyer,

The plan was to move VH-TJR from mainline to Jetconnect, but in the end VH-TJN became ZK-JTR. You're right about the other 2. Here's 2 flights VH-TJR operated yesterday, out of a few:

Date: Wednesday, 11 July 2007 - All times in WST (UTC + 8)

VH-TJR B737-476 QFA QF0593 09:51 Adelaide - Perth
VH-TJR B737-476 QFA QF0668 11:06 Perth - Adelaide
Rgds

(PS: Grrr Ash, you beat me to it again :P). Yeah, what ZK-JTP said is right! ZK-TJS is news to me, but can see it coming over your way!

workflyer Jul 12, 2007 6:43 am

Great, thanks for clearing that up :)

I too have heard of a fourth 400, but not until there are enough pilots to fly it. There was some hot air about 800s also, but I wont hold my breath.

Blackcloud Jul 12, 2007 4:11 pm

Welcome to FT

I would like to welcome ZK-JTP and also workflyer to Flyertalk and I take a large interest in what any QF person in NZ has to say.:)

QF NB Aug 6, 2007 12:48 am

QFlyer has had a makeover and is much easier to read and more presentable. Please remember to continue to give feedback and suggestions and highlight mistakes. The feedback that has been given thus far is much appreciated!

QFlyer - Qantas Fleet Information

Be interesting to see what this Qantas NZ announcement is....

717-200 VH-NXO features the new QantasLink livery - looks great. You can find a picture on QFlyer.

Rgds