FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Qantas Fleet Information [updated regularly] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/480271-qantas-fleet-information-updated-regularly.html)

QF NB Oct 7, 2005 8:29 am

Qantas Fleet Information Thread [updated regularly]

Qantas Fleet Information

the phoenix May 4, 2006 2:20 pm

sad to see that livery retired. Just saw Wunala in NY and that was simply brilliant.

I saw the IFE noted on the lists above. But one other question, what seat is used for J in a 747-300's? Dreamtime?

GibSpmuh May 4, 2006 5:48 pm

Is there any word on when the Australian Airlines 767's will be converting their seating back to J/Y config, ahead of the 1st of July switchover back to QF? I've got an AO flight coming up in late May, in a comfy seat down the front would certainly make the journey more enjoyable. :D

Groundfeeder May 4, 2006 7:14 pm

QF NB

VH-QOB Dash 8-Q402 Yeppoon 72Y
Hate to be a prat but I believe QOB is named "Rockhampton" as I was on the inaugural flight BNE to Rockvegas and noticed the co-inkydink.

Then maybe the years haven't been kind to my brain ...

QF NB May 4, 2006 11:21 pm

That's unusual. See I didn't realise QFLINK were naming the Q400s until I read AA. Here's an extract from the April edition:

On February 21 the first aircraft was named Gladstone at an official naming which took place at Gladstone Airport with the City's Mayor Peter Corones. Four days later the second aircraft visited Rockhampton where it was named Yeppoon by state member for Rockhampton Robert Schwarten.
Perhaps there is an error in AA's reporting? It's particularly odd how they supposedly named -QOB 'Yeppoon' and not Rockhampton.

I've got some homework [researching] to do.. :D :p

flyer4703 May 5, 2006 4:13 am

Originally Posted by QF NB
That's unusual. See I didn't realise QFLINK were naming the Q400s until I read AA. Here's an extract from the April edition:

Perhaps there is an error in AA's reporting? It's particularly odd how they supposedly named -QOB 'Yeppoon' and not Rockhampton.

I've got some homework [researching] to do.. :D :p

flyer4703 May 5, 2006 4:15 am

One of the Q400s is named Yeppoon have flown on it several times now

ghostboy May 5, 2006 6:44 am

Ah yes, close to my heart (Rocky boy born & bred!!!)

Groundfeeder May 5, 2006 5:59 pm

I've got some homework [researching] to do..
... and the best research institute is the BNE QP for Crash-8 habitat observation!!

nonce May 6, 2006 6:00 pm

B is def Gladstone, C is Mackay.

Have sighted both B and C. FWIW the names are only painted on one side (LHS)

flyer4703 May 7, 2006 2:31 am

There is already a 767 in the Qantas fleet named Rockhampton could explain why the Q400 is "Yeppoon"

GibSpmuh May 9, 2006 1:31 am

Ahhhhh, so near, yet so far - off on the 24th for me. Looks like it could be a nice bonus for anyone travelling in June at least before the QF changeover.

QF NB May 9, 2006 5:10 pm

Oops :p :o

Kiwi Flyer May 9, 2006 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by QF NB
VH-OGJ is now in the 25J/204Y configuration [no longer 271Y]. The aircraft recommenced flying duties yesterday completing two transtasman runs [namely BNE-AKL and AKL-MEL]. I'm not sure if -OGJ still wears the AO livery, although, I have a strong feeling that it still does... I can only imagine the confusion this would cause to people about to board.. :D :p

The AKL QC lounge staff are probably glad there was no view of the gate from the lounge (unless by some chance it got gate 1 or 3 - but I can't recall ever seeing QF at those gates). I can well imagine reactions from regular flyers.

beno May 12, 2006 12:56 am

VH-OGJ is actually in a 30/224 domestic config.

QF want 11 of the GE B763 fleet in the new domestic config.

My guess is OGA thru OGK will be domestic with OGL thru OGV in the Intl 25/204 config.

Guess we will have to wait and see.