FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Qantas Fleet Information [updated regularly] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/480271-qantas-fleet-information-updated-regularly.html)

QF NB Oct 7, 2005 8:29 am

Qantas Fleet Information Thread [updated regularly]

Qantas Fleet Information

the phoenix May 4, 2006 2:20 pm

sad to see that livery retired. Just saw Wunala in NY and that was simply brilliant.

I saw the IFE noted on the lists above. But one other question, what seat is used for J in a 747-300's? Dreamtime?

GibSpmuh May 4, 2006 5:48 pm

Is there any word on when the Australian Airlines 767's will be converting their seating back to J/Y config, ahead of the 1st of July switchover back to QF? I've got an AO flight coming up in late May, in a comfy seat down the front would certainly make the journey more enjoyable. :D

Groundfeeder May 4, 2006 7:14 pm

QF NB

VH-QOB Dash 8-Q402 Yeppoon 72Y
Hate to be a prat but I believe QOB is named "Rockhampton" as I was on the inaugural flight BNE to Rockvegas and noticed the co-inkydink.

Then maybe the years haven't been kind to my brain ...

QF NB May 4, 2006 11:21 pm

That's unusual. See I didn't realise QFLINK were naming the Q400s until I read AA. Here's an extract from the April edition:

On February 21 the first aircraft was named Gladstone at an official naming which took place at Gladstone Airport with the City's Mayor Peter Corones. Four days later the second aircraft visited Rockhampton where it was named Yeppoon by state member for Rockhampton Robert Schwarten.
Perhaps there is an error in AA's reporting? It's particularly odd how they supposedly named -QOB 'Yeppoon' and not Rockhampton.

I've got some homework [researching] to do.. :D :p

flyer4703 May 5, 2006 4:13 am

Originally Posted by QF NB
That's unusual. See I didn't realise QFLINK were naming the Q400s until I read AA. Here's an extract from the April edition:

Perhaps there is an error in AA's reporting? It's particularly odd how they supposedly named -QOB 'Yeppoon' and not Rockhampton.

I've got some homework [researching] to do.. :D :p

flyer4703 May 5, 2006 4:15 am

One of the Q400s is named Yeppoon have flown on it several times now

ghostboy May 5, 2006 6:44 am

Ah yes, close to my heart (Rocky boy born & bred!!!)

Groundfeeder May 5, 2006 5:59 pm

I've got some homework [researching] to do..
... and the best research institute is the BNE QP for Crash-8 habitat observation!!

nonce May 6, 2006 6:00 pm

B is def Gladstone, C is Mackay.

Have sighted both B and C. FWIW the names are only painted on one side (LHS)

flyer4703 May 7, 2006 2:31 am

There is already a 767 in the Qantas fleet named Rockhampton could explain why the Q400 is "Yeppoon"

GibSpmuh May 9, 2006 1:31 am

Ahhhhh, so near, yet so far - off on the 24th for me. Looks like it could be a nice bonus for anyone travelling in June at least before the QF changeover.

QF NB May 9, 2006 5:10 pm

Oops :p :o

Kiwi Flyer May 9, 2006 5:45 pm

VH-OGJ is now in the 25J/204Y configuration [no longer 271Y]. The aircraft recommenced flying duties yesterday completing two transtasman runs [namely BNE-AKL and AKL-MEL]. I'm not sure if -OGJ still wears the AO livery, although, I have a strong feeling that it still does... I can only imagine the confusion this would cause to people about to board.. :D :p

The AKL QC lounge staff are probably glad there was no view of the gate from the lounge (unless by some chance it got gate 1 or 3 - but I can't recall ever seeing QF at those gates). I can well imagine reactions from regular flyers.

beno May 12, 2006 12:56 am

VH-OGJ is actually in a 30/224 domestic config.

QF want 11 of the GE B763 fleet in the new domestic config.

My guess is OGA thru OGK will be domestic with OGL thru OGV in the Intl 25/204 config.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

QF NB May 12, 2006 1:19 am

Hey Beno,

Changed -OGJ's config in the master thread [did it yesterday] after *bleep's* smart a*rse comment on you know where :rolleyes: .

Yes, we'll have to just wait and see. Wish all AO 763s would get the INT' config. Sucks bigtime if you were to get a M/J 763 on a long-haul flight.

Cheers

beno May 12, 2006 2:51 am

Sucks bigtime if you were to get a M/J 763 on a long-haul flight.
The old AO routes to KIX, NGO, as well as CNS-DRW-SIN will be flowen by Intl 25J/204Y aircraft. Exisitng B763 Intl routes like NRT CGK ect will also continue to be flowen by the Intl 763s.

The DPS services will be flowen by a mixture of both as these services will be sold as all Y. JQ will take over the DPS flying in the future.

The domestic 30/224 aircraft will fly only domestic and trans tasman services.

But as you all know there is always a chance of a last minute aircraft change...

Caledonian May 13, 2006 5:45 pm

Flew HKG-CNS on Fri May 12th and was "treated" to a QF 25J aircraft because, according to the crew, some normal AO aircraft already undergoing changeout. Two aircraft in AO livery on arrival at CNS.

QF NB May 14, 2006 11:39 pm

15/05/06

QF are powering through the AO 763 conversions with both VH-OGJ/K now having the new configuration [no longer 271Y]. VH-OGI landed in BNE today and is being prepped for its conversion. On a side note, there has been alot of confusion as to whether the AO 763s will have the 25J/204Y International or Domestic configuration [30J/224Y]. More seem to say they'll be fitted with Mill J seats so I will go by what they say.

In other news, JQ has become an all A320 airline. All 717s have now been retired and are waiting new owners/leasing contracts. There are currently 5 seven-one-sevens sitting at BNE near the QF hangars.

Also made a number of changes to Post#1 in order to make it easier to read. Also included some new information regarding AO, JQ et al.

Regards

Matt-R May 15, 2006 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
The AKL QC lounge staff are probably glad there was no view of the gate from the lounge (unless by some chance it got gate 1 or 3 - but I can't recall ever seeing QF at those gates). I can well imagine reactions from regular flyers.

My AKL-SYD flight just after christmas used gate 1. Last month we had gate 4.

I like the new terminal.

the phoenix May 24, 2006 9:18 am

well our SYD-DRW flight was recently changed from a 73H(winglets) to 763, so its anybody's guess what we'll get on that route.

But I am hoping for:
VH-ZXB 767-336 Bourke/Socceroos 30J/214Y
where has this aircraft been seen recently? routings?

also, is Avalon a sort of graveyard for Australian aircraft? Or a maintenence facility for QF, as Tulsa is for AA?

QF NB May 24, 2006 9:46 am

G'Day Mario,

IMO it's unlikely you'll fly on -ZXB from SYD-DRW. As you're interested in the whereabouts of this particular 763, I'll post the flights it operated, on a random date (say 19th May). As you can see VH-ZXB is primarily confined to the SYD-MEL-SYD sectors, although she does make the odd appearance in Brisbane.

Code:

Friday 19 MAY 2006
VH-ZXB Flight Log

QF405        SYD-MEL
QF418        MEL-SYD
QF427        SYD-MEL
QF436        MEL-SYD
QF445        SYD-MEL
QF458        MEL-SYD
QF552        SYD-BNE (O/Ns in BNE)

Avalon is an important airport for the whole of the Qantas Group. There are a number of important tasks undertaken at AVV including:
  • Skybed upgrades (now complete) + other interior installations
  • AVOD installation
  • C/D-Checks + other maintenance
  • Jetstar flights AVV-ADL/SYD/BNE/PER (Plus possibly OOL in near future)
  • CT
  • Sales/Disposals (esp. Dreamtime J seats [Cost AUD$700-800 a pair if interested :p ])
  • plus more..

AVV isn't a graveyard as such, more of a storage facility for certain planes requiring maintenance (which can remain idle for months), interior upgrades etc. It is handy having Nalanji sitting there as it's easy to pull parts of her and place on another 743 waiting near by. You may like the following pictures: VH-EBU (Photo 1), VH-EBU (Photo 2), VH-EBU (Photo 3 - Ignore comment as it's incorrect), VH-EBV (Sheep.. Baah) and finally VH-EBW/EBV

That's all I can think off the top of my head! Others might like to post more if they can think of anything else.

Cheers

chrisb May 29, 2006 9:30 pm

This is a great list!

Is there any chance of it being expanded to include seat types for the various cabins? I'm doing QF776 on 2/6 and QF777 on 5/6 in Business (both 767s) and I've been poking around trying to find out what the seating is on these aircraft.

As it turns out it looks like the 767-3's are just a mess of configs, but it might be useful for others. :)

Chrisb

QF NB May 30, 2006 3:35 am

Originally Posted by chrisb
This is a great list!

Is there any chance of it being expanded to include seat types for the various cabins? I'm doing QF776 on 2/6 and QF777 on 5/6 in Business (both 767s) and I've been poking around trying to find out what the seating is on these aircraft.

As it turns out it looks like the 767-3's are just a mess of configs, but it might be useful for others. :)

Chrisb

Thankyou Chrisb, an excellent idea ^

I've taken your idea onboard and have placed a code next to the planes with Business Class (barr BAe146). You can find a list of what each code means and a picture of each J seat above the 747-400 information.

Chris, it is a little difficult to tell what configuration you have at this stage. It's just a matter of turning up on the day, checking the aircraft rego. and looking it up on the fleet thread. Unless you can get an aircraft rego. a few days before your flight, you'll just have to wait and see until you see the plane or are in the cabin.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

chrisb May 30, 2006 3:52 am

Thankyou Chrisb, an excellent idea ^

I've taken your idea onboard and have placed a code next to the planes with Business Class (barr BAe146). You can find a list of what each code means and a picture of each J seat above the 747-400 information.

Excellent! Thanks for doing this so quickly, and the addition of pictures is a great idea for those of us who think in terms of Skybed or "something else". :)

Anyway, it looks like the 767's are 50/50 M2 and Dreamtime, but honestly on PER-MEL-PER, it doesn't really matter. ;)

Chrisb.

the phoenix May 30, 2006 5:56 pm

Hey Dave, I think a QF 7474-- went tech at JFK today, any info on that?

RickyT May 30, 2006 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by the phoenix
Hey Dave, I think a QF 7474-- went tech at JFK today, any info on that?

This article would enlighten you why the plane is stuck at JFK.

Kiwi Flyer May 30, 2006 6:14 pm

... and there's a thread discussing it here

serfty May 31, 2006 1:12 am

AVOD Query

Is the first post here up to date in relation to AVOD? In this thread: Qantas 747-400 AVOD update:

744s *with* AVOD
  • -OJE
  • -OJG
  • -OJI
  • -OJJ
  • -OJS
  • -OJU
  • -OED

744s to *receive* AVOD
  • -OJK - MAR 2006
  • -OJO - MAR 2006
  • -OEE - MAR 2006
  • -OEF - APR 2006
  • -OJL - JUN 2006

OJJ is showing as having AVOD in February but post 1 here does not agree.

(reason is I'm on a 2 Class to LAX next week and I am trying to ascertain the chances of getting AVOD ...)

QF NB May 31, 2006 1:26 am

serfty, the information contained within that thread is dated. If you want the latest information with regards to AVOD, look at the first post in the fleet thread. The AVOD schedule in my other thread has changed and is no longer valid. Please disregard that old thread you mentioned/linked to.

With regards to -OJJ. I heard a while back it was supposed to have AVOD, but recently I read information which suggested otherwise (No AVOD). VH-OJJ is, quite honestly, the one plane I/friends/QF people have no idea about (AVOD or not) and as a result of this, I've chosen to say it has "standard IFE". I really need someone to fly on her to confirm whether the aircraft has AVOD or not.

I'll see if I can try and get up-to-date information on the upgrades.

Thanks

the phoenix May 31, 2006 11:22 am

ricky and kiwi, I mean that QF NB might want to augment his chart based on the current news. Otherwise I was at JFK for the QF incident.

QF NB Jul 5, 2006 7:02 pm

6/07/07 - Updated Post #1

Was browsing the Qantas Inflight Entertainment guide yesterday and was happy to read information with regards to Entertainment-On-Demand (AVOD). It said that 12 747-400s now have the system.

I've only got 10 aircraft with AVOD on the list... Time to find the other 2!

Rgds

QF NB Jul 6, 2006 9:04 pm

07/07/06 - Updated Post # 1

VH-OJP will be back in service within the next few days, with AVOD fitted.

VH-OJB, -OEG and -OJQ will have AVOD by mid-October.

Very unlikely, at this rate, Qantas will have the AVOD system rolled out across the 744 fleet by January 2007.

Rgds

Lonely Flyer Jul 7, 2006 3:11 pm

I see that an ex Qantas 767 has or is being "Googled"

LINK

perthite Jul 8, 2006 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
I see that an ex Qantas 767 has or is being "Googled"

LINK

A process that is clearly not going very smoothly

perthite Jul 10, 2006 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by beno
VH-OGJ is actually in a 30/224 domestic config.

QF want 11 of the GE B763 fleet in the new domestic config.

My guess is OGA thru OGK will be domestic with OGL thru OGV in the Intl 25/204 config.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

Flew on OGL yesterday PER/MEL (the Australian livery made it stand out a bit), and was not in the Intl config.

beno Jul 11, 2006 12:47 am

All ex AO aircraft are now in 2 class domestic 30J config.

This includes both OGL and OGV.

Regards

QF NB Jul 11, 2006 1:02 am

Originally Posted by beno
All ex AO aircraft are now in 2 class domestic 30J config.

This includes both OGL and OGV.

Regards

beno, when did -OGV undertake the configuration change? Happen to be JUN 18-29? :confused:

Post # 1 has also been updated... Your information is much appreciated quazor!

Rgds

QF NB Aug 1, 2006 10:29 pm

2/08/06 - Update of Post #1

Changes include:
  • VH-QOE - Recently named 'Emerald'
  • Updated information regarding the 2 remaining BAe146s
  • Jetstar International - planned fleet
  • Changes to domestic 332 fleet
  • Update to Qantas NZ/Jetconnect fleet
  • Information on Qantas' extra 2 fill-in-aircraft (from A380 delays)

If you spot any mistakes, please feel free to Email/PM me or post them here. Also any suggestions on how Post #1 can be approved (new info, colours etc) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kiwi Flyer Aug 1, 2006 10:37 pm

When are ZK-JNF/G being withdrawn? No more business seat on QF in NZ :( (coincidentally NZ has a few more int a/c running domestically these days so improved odds of business seat).