FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Qantas Fleet Information [updated regularly] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/480271-qantas-fleet-information-updated-regularly.html)

Kiwi Flyer Aug 31, 2006 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by QF NB
Jetconnect 737-376 ZK-JNF (which was withdrawn from service on 28/08) ferried from Christchurch to Melbourne today. Jetconnect now only has 1 733 (8J/112Y) with Business Class (ZK-JNG), with the remaining 733s being configured all Economy (130Y).

Crud.

Lonely Flyer Aug 31, 2006 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Crud.

Or do you mean "bugger"

I interpret "crud" as disputing what has been said yet QF NB is the all knowing beast.

Blackcloud Aug 31, 2006 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
Or do you mean "bugger"

I interpret "crud" as disputing what has been said yet QF NB is the all knowing beast.

I agree "Bugger".
Flying QFNZ domestic had a competitve advantage where you could get those J seats. I even wrote to QF about this and now one less distinguishing feature between them and ANZ. :td:
I doubt we will see the 737-400 on domestic services as they appear to only get 5(?) probably less when the code-share get in. That leaves those crappy, cruddy( ;) ) all WHY 737-300! I wonder if the soon-to-be Mrs Blackcloud will accept this as a reason to return home (the West Island)?

Kiwi Flyer Aug 31, 2006 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
Or do you mean "bugger"

Yes sorry.

The pendulum swings the other way. Some NZ domestic services are operated by A320.

ncdaniels1947 Sep 2, 2006 2:17 pm

So what equipment really operates from CNS to KIX now (OF113--says Australian Air by AF 767-300). . . we fly this route Feb 2007.

GoldFlyer Sep 2, 2006 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by ncdaniels1947
So what equipment really operates from CNS to KIX now (OF113--says Australian Air by AF 767-300). . . we fly this route Feb 2007.

I see you have splayed your question all over the place. :rolleyes:

QF113 is a 767-300 as you note. I couldn't see any reference to it being operated by Australian.

QF NB Sep 6, 2006 10:09 am

Post #1 updated (minor changes)

Bad news out of New Zealand today Kiwi Flyer. The last Jetconnect 737-300 with a Business Class offering (ZK-JNG) is scheduled to be transferred to AVV during late-September to take part in the freighter-conversion program.

Unfortunately, Qantas aren't planning to send any more 737-400s across your way, so that means that effective October, Jetconnect will only operate 2 737s (734s) with Business Class - they're going to be flat out operating WLG-SYD/MEL/BNE + ADL-AKL services as it is, so there's a reduced chance of catching one domestically... :(

Regards

Leumas Sep 6, 2006 1:44 pm

Thanks, QF NB for the update, even if the news is not good for NZ... If one of these 734s go tech and you've a J seat, good luck to you...

OTOH, I've noticed that J seats are quite a bit cheaper now between WLG and SYD. They used to be $700+, more likely around $1000, now they can be found at under $600. Maybe now that they've more J seats...?

Kiwi Flyer Sep 6, 2006 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by QF NB
Unfortunately, Qantas aren't planning to send any more 737-400s across your way, so that means that effective October, Jetconnect will only operate 2 737s (734s) with Business Class - they're going to be flat out operating WLG-SYD/MEL/BNE + ADL-AKL services as it is, so there's a reduced chance of catching one domestically... :(

Thanks for the update QF NB. I suppose there could be repositioning flights between WLG and AKL? I'll check out the schedules.

Kiwi Flyer Sep 6, 2006 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Leumas
OTOH, I've noticed that J seats are quite a bit cheaper now between WLG and SYD. They used to be $700+, more likely around $1000, now they can be found at under $600. Maybe now that they've more J seats...?

Maybe, or matching NZ (which has a sale on now - ending today in fact), and/or jockeying for position should the trans-tasman codeshare be approved (since will be sharing based on historic shares I believe)?

Blackcloud Sep 6, 2006 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Leumas
Thanks, QF NB for the update, even if the news is not good for NZ... If one of these 734s go tech and you've a J seat, good luck to you...

Wow you are right only $9 more than the fully flexible fare :-: Must be competition with NZ who have been offering the same amount for their Business Saver.
The 737-400 have 16 convertible J class while the 737-300 had 8 old Domestic J seats. One does have to question the fact that the schedule after October still shows 737-300 on the route. :confused:

Kiwi Flyer Sep 7, 2006 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Maybe, or matching NZ (which has a sale on now - ending today in fact), and/or jockeying for position should the trans-tasman codeshare be approved (since will be sharing based on historic shares I believe)?

Correction - NZ's sale has been extended to September 21

QF NB Sep 18, 2006 6:10 am

Post #1 updated - 18/09/06

Been informed VH-OJO now has AVOD. Have included this in the list.

Also, JQ have 24 A320s. I had previously stated there were only 23.

Jetconnect

I apologise for posting confusing information with regards to the Jetconnect 733 fleet. I've said that some 733s are 130Y (which is true, when operating intra-NZ services) but they're actually configured 8J/112Y (so they actually have J seats).

737-300s ZK-JND and -JNN are 8J/112Y and sold as all Y on intra-NZ hops. JNB, JNC and JNO are 130Y (so not J seats at all!). There is talk that ZK-JNC and -JNO may be fitted with 8J seats (meaning there would only be 1 737-300 with an Economy only config), but nothing has been confirmed at this stage.

Current fleet situation (with updated information):
Code:

ZK-JNB                737-376                130Y
ZK-JNC                737-376                130Y
ZK-JND                737-376                8J/112Y
ZK-JNG                737-376                8J/112Y (withdrawn from service late-Sept)
ZK-JNN                737-376                8J/112Y
ZK-JNO                737-376                130Y

So infact, now with the possible upgrading of -JNC and -JNO, there is a greater chance of snagging a J seat on a domestic NZ flight. Sorry to Kiwi Flyer et al, for posting incorrect information :o

Cheers

Kiwi Flyer Sep 18, 2006 2:40 pm

Phew. I confirm JNC and JNB both have no business seats.

QF NB Oct 9, 2006 1:39 am

News about an old QF fleet member

Historic First Qantas Jet to Return to Australia
Qantas.com Newsroom
Sydney, 09 October 2006

More than 47 years after the first Boeing 707 jet airliner joined the Qantas fleet, the aircraft, previously known as City of Canberra is set to make an historic return to Australia.

Qantas Chairman Margaret Jackson and Minister for the Environment and Heritage Senator Ian Campbell today announced that the first Qantas Boeing 707, the first jet aircraft sold outside of the United States, would make a celebratory return to Australia next month.

"I’m proud to announce that this Boeing 707, believed to be the last and oldest of its kind in operation, will make its permanent home at the Qantas Founders’ Outback Museum in Longreach, Queensland," she said.

"The aircraft will depart London bound for the United States retracing its original route from Honolulu and Nadi to Sydney arriving in early November.

Ms Jackson said the aircraft would visit Brisbane before its final destination in Longreach.

(Article continues....)
In other news, VH-OJQ will recommence flying later on this week with the new AVOiD system (had AVOD upgrade and 'D' check done in SIN) and the departure of ZK-JNG from the JetConnect fleet has been delayed due to operational/mechanical reasons (-JNG went u/s in BNE a few days back).

I *believe* also, VH-EBD has discontinued services with Qantas and is expected to fly to PEK, MNL or HKG for a livery change. Updated interiors will follow later.

Cheers