Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF Capacity reductions , SIN F lounge closure

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF Capacity reductions , SIN F lounge closure

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2020, 11:57 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
No one, probably including QF, will not know at this time
The changes were announced ~ 7 hours ago, so will still being worked on.
Have a look at the seat map in few weeks time
Haha yes I need to learn some patience!
But to be fair QF themselves surely know which aircraft they are using
Mwenenzi likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:05 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by mikalee
(Maybe there is a quick upgrade course for some JQ 787 crew to do to go Ultra Long Haul)
Doesn’t the PER-LHR sector use UK based cabin crew?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:15 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] I consolidated three threads into one which were started at 8, 9 and 10 minutes past the hour respectively. [/mod hat]
eminere and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:34 am

Programs: QF Silver, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors
So...quick q from a J newbie. I'm travelling SYD-DFW in J in May...fully paid ticket. Since there are 42 J seats in the 787 vs 64 in the A380, who and how do they decide who doesn't make the flight?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:02 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by mikalee
Is this not an opportunity to bring forward the retirement of some 747s and have the A380 replace the 747's with reduced frequency?
Their newsroom statement said they will try to bring forward the A380 refurbs and maintenance while they are idle.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by goosegreen
So...quick q from a J newbie. I'm travelling SYD-DFW in J in May...fully paid ticket. Since there are 42 J seats in the 787 vs 64 in the A380, who and how do they decide who doesn't make the flight?
With the drop in demand, that is unlikely to become an issue.

"Very sad", I just booked QF over JL for HND SYD HND to get a trip on the 747, and now I end up in an A330. How's that for a downgrade? Should have stuck with the 787-9. I guess I should be happy if it is possible to go...
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
More cuts will follow. The slump will increase, since more and more countries will (basically) lock down their borders (e.g. Israel, Italy ... more countries to follow).
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:18 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
"Very sad", I just booked QF over JL for HND SYD HND to get a trip on the 747, and now I end up in an A330. How's that for a downgrade? Should have stuck with the 787-9. I guess I should be happy if it is possible to go...
If you're in J, I'd expect the 330 would be better if you want to sleep. The 744's banana shaped SkyBedMk2 isn't great for sleeping (but it used to be great when new).
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by og
If you're in J, I'd expect the 330 would be better if you want to sleep. The 744's banana shaped SkyBedMk2 isn't great for sleeping (but it used to be great when new).
It is still an A330, which is not good to begin with...

I am in J. The original alternative to the 747 was the JAL Apex Suite, yet I did pick a last (maybe) ride on the upper deck.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:01 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QR Platinum, QF Gold, ITA Executive, HH Diamond, Accor Plus Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is still an A330, which is not good to begin with...

I am in J. The original alternative to the 747 was the JAL Apex Suite, yet I did pick a last (maybe) ride on the upper deck.
I’m probably in the minority but I much prefer the A330 J seat over the 789’s
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:58 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Does this mean all BNE-SFO flights are suspended?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:09 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QR Platinum, QF Gold, ITA Executive, HH Diamond, Accor Plus Diamond
Originally Posted by davistev
Does this mean all BNE-SFO flights are suspended?
Yes
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goosegreen
Sales have fallen off the cliff. Many business have stopped/reduced long haul travel. QF needs those F & J cash sales to cover costs/make money/pay the QF executives/pay the staff bonus. Many business's do not book-confirm travel until 7-10-14 days before the flights
Would not surprise me that in a few weeks time when existing pax are re-accommodated more premium cabin awards become available.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:48 am

Programs: QFF, VA, IHG
We currently have a BNE-SFO J award flight booked for August. Assuming we still go, I presume that will become a BNE-SYD-SFO instead. I had been looking forward to our first B787 flight, but will now be looking forward to perhaps our last B747 flight - forward cabin or upper deck...
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by tusphotog
Doesn’t the PER-LHR sector use UK based cabin crew?
Most if not all A380 cabin crew are now 787 endorsed, so there is no issue with crewing behind the iron curtain given the massive reduction in A380 flying. With the already resourced and planned 787 SCL and ORD flying being postponed, the pilot resources for this additional flying would be available to utilise. This is in addition to the surplus from the suspended BNE and MEL SFO flying. I don’t think there’ll be any need to second JQ pilots and definitely an enormous surplus of Cabin Crew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.