Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Los Angeles / LAX Qantas First Class Lounge [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty
For access to the Qantas First Lounge at TBIT just one of the following needs to be true:
  1. Non US (not AAdvantage and not Mileage Plan) oneworld Emerald departing on a oneworld Marketed and operated flight.
  2. AAdvantage or Mileage Plan Emerald departing on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight NOT solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  3. First Class passengers departing on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  4. Passengers in First Class on a flight longer than five hours connecting§ to/from an international or domestic short haul (five hours or less) oneworld Marketed and Operated flight and not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  5. *Recent Reports Indicate Access via the following Criteria is being Denied with patrons being sent to the Flagship Lounge in T4*: .First Class passengers^ travelling on a three class transcontinental American Airlines Marketed and Operated flight on a designated route (e.g. between Los Angeles & New York).
* A "North American* Itinerary" for AAdvantage elites is travel on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. A "North American* Itinerary" for Alaska Mileage Plan elites is travel to destinations in the U.S.A., Canada and Mexico (unless they are connecting to or from an international long-haul flight in a premium cabin on the same day).

§ Connecting the same day or before 6am the following day. Such Lounge access is based on the class of services of the long haul flight (First or Business) regardless of the class of travel on the short haul flight.

^ Regarding AA EXP in any cabin. This is a "Class of Service" based access, so status should not be relevant. Rules indicate NO ACCESS unless in First on 3 class transcon, but there had been some contradictory experiences about this. Early on EXP based access had sometimes been granted; not so much these days. Presumably this related to confusion about the rules on behalf of the agents.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING, YOUR QUESTION MAY BE ANSWERED HEREIN

Lounge access rules

All non-AA and Non-AS Oneworld Emerald members have access to this lounge on any oneworld itinerary regardless of cabin or final destination.

AA EXP have access when traveling to all destinations outside North America and Mexico City. Includes if pax is flying LAX-DFW-LHR because you are flying internationally that day.

No Class of Service access for domestic F without non AA and non AS Emerald status unless on designated (generally 3-class) flights to JFK and MIA.

Passengers on any 3-cabin AA flight to JFK, BOS or MIA in First Class.

Emirates pax do not have access except for Qantas Platinum One. EDIT: Appears to be that Qantas removed that access criteria from their lounge access page so I wouldn't count on this working.

No access if connecting to a non-Oneworld airline or partner.

Separate tickets within oneworld do not matter other than it has to be same day . E.g. QF F to AA Y on the same day.

To walk from T4 to TBIT will take approximately 10 minutes one way so plan accordingly if visiting this lounge.

More detail here: Lounge Access | oneworld.com

Qantas.com Access Rules, with specific carve-out for transcon markets.

Print Wikipost

Los Angeles / LAX Qantas First Class Lounge [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K
Does anyone have any real datapoints of access with an EK F boarding pass? A good amount of discussion here on the theoretical policy, but haven't seen any actual data points.

As people have mentioned upthread, the LAX-specific page doesn't list Emirates as qualifying:
https://www.qantas.com/us/en/qantas-...st-lounge.html

But the general page (linked to from the LAX page) does, without any indications of exceptions for North America:
https://www.qantas.com/us/en/qantas-...e-travel-class
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by nickab
Does anyone have any real datapoints of access with an EK F boarding pass? A good amount of discussion here on the theoretical policy, but haven't seen any actual data points.

As people have mentioned upthread, the LAX-specific page doesn't list Emirates as qualifying:
https://www.qantas.com/us/en/qantas-...st-lounge.html

But the general page (linked to from the LAX page) does, without any indications of exceptions for North America:
https://www.qantas.com/us/en/qantas-...e-travel-class
Flying Emirates you will not get access to the Qantas Lounge at Los Angeles.

As per the following link, The Americas is not mentioned.
The combined Qantas and Emirates network provides one of the most comprehensive international networks in the world, offering customers a wide range of travel options between Australia and New Zealand. Choose from three hub options – Dubai, Perth and Singapore, and enjoy seamless connections to destinations across Asia, Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-...s.html#network

FWIW, Qantas passenger travelling from Australia to the Americas do not get EK lounge access either.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Anyone have the new Spring menu they can post? Thanks .
Old Apr 12, 2024, 10:40 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Anyone have the new Spring menu they can post? Thanks .

ask and you shall receive.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by Wonga

ask and you shall receive.
Haha nice. Thanks.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Apr 20, 2024 at 12:55 am
Old Apr 25, 2024, 4:47 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

• Based on data points here arriving from Sydney into LAX in First class and connecting on AA in first domestically one would have to use flagship lounge only?
  • Or do I go to John and say do you know who I am
Old Apr 25, 2024, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Gold
You should have access in these circumstances in line with the OW access policy for connecting flights by virtue of your inbound long haul travel cabin: https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lou...#access-policy

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights: First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 06:00am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).

Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight. You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.

I think the issues others have had is trying to enter without a connecting flight on a OW airline or where LAX is their final destination and they therefore effectively want to use it as an arrivals lounge which is not allowed.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Always Somewhere Else
You should have access in these circumstances in line with the OW access policy for connecting flights by virtue of your inbound long haul travel cabin
I think the issues others have had is trying to enter without a connecting flight on a OW airline or where LAX is their final destination and they therefore effectively want to use it as an arrivals lounge which is not allowed.
Thank you for the kind post and very helpful clarification 👍
The Flagship lounge is typically mobbed and I find their offerings despite much variety sub par and poorly executed.It would be my pleasure to avoid it!
I preferred the old cramped Admirals club first class lounge than what it has become.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
  • Based on data points here arriving from Sydney into LAX in First class and connecting on AA in first domestically one would have to use flagship lounge only?
No problem getting access on international-domestic connection last month.

John very kindly asked for both boarding passes.
Old Yesterday, 1:05 am

[QUOTE=777 global mile hound;36188630]
Say hi to John for me lol. You will get in. And if you dont just a little pushback and you are in. That guy can be difficult but if you explain it to him you will get in. He is the one who told me that the line about your flight you are connecting to needs to be through & through and you must land and be leaving right away on the long haul F flight (if I want to use QF F ahead of my domestic leg)

/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Always Somewhere Else
You should have access in these circumstances in line with the OW access policy for connecting flights by virtue of your inbound long haul travel cabin: https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lou...#access-policy

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights: First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 06:00am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).

Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight. You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.

I've def had some trouble both arriving and before a domestic leg but certainly some have had issues too with out a connecting OW flight. I think some issues with accessing on status too.

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Thank you for the kind post and very helpful clarification 👍
The Flagship lounge is typically mobbed and I find their offerings despite much variety sub par and poorly executed.It would be my pleasure to avoid it!
I preferred the old cramped Admirals club first class lounge than what it has become.
Could not agree more, have never once had anything good to eat there. Does look or sound good but its so poorly executed and nothing is ever hot.
Old Yesterday, 1:40 am

Problem solved

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Yesterday at 7:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.