FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Heathrow - Terminal 5 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1267435-heathrow-terminal-5-a.html)

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Jan 28, 2012 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 17905334)
That is your interpretation

Qantas has control over their own lounges and if they chose to rebrand them that is another matter entirely

When it comes to 3rd party lounges such as BA, they have no control. The wording on the page may just have reflected the agreement they had with BA ; I cannot see how anyone on this forum would be in a position to assert what the intent was ( except potentially the person who used to post under the account of Red Roo )

As far as the preciseness of the application, the T5 lounge is not a terraces lounge and by the wording in place, was not covered

ah... but we do know the intention was not to exclude galleries clubs when the agreement was originally put in place. because galleries simply weren't there.

just thinking about it now, in addition to excluding 3rd party lounges, the clarification of terraces and executive club also excludes BA first and Concorde rooms.

and that remained the case until October last year... all BA owned and operated clubs excluding first and Concorde. that would not be a difficult conclusion for the court to determine as being the subject matter of the contract.

being a party to that contract (lounge access for qantas club), qantas DOES have a say in how that contract runs and is modified.

Dave Noble Jan 28, 2012 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF (Post 17906382)
ah... but we do know the intention was not to exclude galleries clubs when the agreement was originally put in place. because galleries simply weren't there.

just thinking about it now, in addition to excluding 3rd party lounges, the clarification of terraces and executive club also excludes BA first and Concorde rooms.

being a party to that contract (lounge access for qantas club), qantas DOES have a say in how that contract runs and is modified.

Do you have a copy of the contract between Qantas and BA to determine what a court would say?

someone at BA may well have looked at contract and realised that according to their contract with QF they did not have to allow QC members to Galleries lounges; it may well have taken a while to negotiate a new contract

I would not presume to determine what a judge in appropriate juridstiction would have said should qantas have tried to enforce the agreement through the courts

Looks like Qantas was damned if they did and damned if they didn't as far as getting it resolved

Globaliser Jan 29, 2012 12:16 am

Originally Posted by danger (Post 17906220)
Except the post by Red Roo in AFF (post 513 here) specifically says that access has been "reinstated". This very clearly suggests there was access all along which, as we know, was in fact the case.

So, yes, the rules did change and now access has been "reinstated".

There's a danger in trying to read a helpful "good news" post on an internet forum as if it were a statute or a contract.

The word "reinstated" means no more than "there was access in practice in the past, and there is now access again". It does not necessarily involve any concession about any legal entitlement to that past access.

Red Roo Jan 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi All,

Really sorry for the delay posting in this thread and for all the inconvenience that the BA lounge access issue has caused. I would have liked to have been able to update you sooner but we have been working to get a resolution.

So, I can now (very happily) report that access to BA lounges including Galleries, Terraces and Executive Club lounges has been reinstated for Qantas Club members. This will be effective from Tuesday 31 January.

For further details on lounge access visit qantas.com/loungeaccess

Cheers,
Red Roo

BD1959 Jan 29, 2012 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Red Roo (Post 17911246)
Hi All,

Really sorry for the delay posting in this thread and for all the inconvenience that the BA lounge access issue has caused. I would have liked to have been able to update you sooner but we have been working to get a resolution.

So, I can now (very happily) report that access to BA lounges including Galleries, Terraces and Executive Club lounges has been reinstated for Qantas Club members. This will be effective from Tuesday 31 January.

Cheers,
Red Roo

Excellent news, Red Roo.

Regards,

BD

flashware Jan 29, 2012 8:51 pm

Hi All,

Cheers,
Red Roo

Thanks. So is Tuesday 31 January the date qantas.com/loungeaccess will be updated?

og Jan 29, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi All,

Really sorry for the delay posting.....

Thanks for the feedback and apologies for my sarcastic comments in an earlier posting.

Blackcloud Jan 29, 2012 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by og (Post 17912434)
Thanks for the feedback and apologies for my sarcastic comments in an earlier posting.

I once gave QF time and hope that they would have an enlightened Social Media Engagement Strategy. Unfortunately that does not appear to be the case and because of this Red Roo appears to be very limited on what they can do on this site and AFF.
This is not a criticism of the poster but rather on the company.

on_the_line Jan 30, 2012 4:56 am

Qantas Club Card works in the North Lounge, but not in the south

Currently sitting in the North Lounge, and had no trouble getting in (note today is Monday 30th Jan). Went for a wander down to the south lounge, and was shown the laminated "do not honour Qantas Club". I had a little of bit of trouble getting back in at the North end, but managed to charm the girl on the door and bluff my way back in.

8hr layover here flying Jo'burg to Montreal, so pretty happy to have somewhere to shower and plug the laptop in. It sounds like this whole thing will be resolved tomorrow, but that doesn't help my situation today.

Traveloguy Jan 30, 2012 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Blackcloud (Post 17912461)
I once gave QF time and hope that they would have an enlightened Social Media Engagement Strategy. Unfortunately that does not appear to be the case and because of this Red Roo appears to be very limited on what they can do on this site and AFF.
This is not a criticism of the poster but rather on the company.

+1

I am however glad that we did finally hear something. As they say, "better late than never".

Globaliser Jan 30, 2012 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Traveloguy (Post 17913738)
I am however glad that we did finally hear something. As they say, "better late than never".

Indeed: many thanks to Red Roo for the confirmation of this news.

thadocta Jan 30, 2012 12:58 pm

Red Roo, anything for those of us who were QP members, travelled within Australia but also on BA, who did not renew because of the BA problem? Will we have to pay a joining fee to re-join?

I for one did not renew because I did not want to to pay for a product which was basically worthless for me (which it was, without the BA access).

Dave

AussiePeter Jan 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Red Roo

thank you.

TheRealBabushka Feb 2, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi All,

Cheers,
Red Roo

I just called up Qantas and spoke to an agent (3 Feb 2012, 1525h AEST). Access to BA Galleries Lounge T5 is still DENIED. The QF website is also still not updated. Red Roo are you a real representative of Qantas?
If you are, you need to get your IT people to update the website content AND educate your call centre staff on this change.

flashware Feb 2, 2012 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by TheRealBabushka (Post 17942514)
I just called up Qantas and spoke to an agent (3 Feb 2012, 1525h AEST). Access to BA Galleries Lounge T5 is still DENIED. The QF website is also still not updated. Red Roo are you a real representative of Qantas?
If you are, you need to get your IT people to update the website content AND educate your call centre staff on this change.

:td: