FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Heathrow - Terminal 5 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1267435-heathrow-terminal-5-a.html)

Globaliser Dec 22, 2011 3:58 am

Originally Posted by BD1959 (Post 17671341)
Gee, are you suggesting a constituent has managed to get their Senate Rep to raise a pertinent issue at a Parliamentary inquiry? ... who'd imagine ...

Makes more sense to me than some politician working out for themselves some ultra-tenuous link between this commercial arrangement and the "Australian-ness" of Qantas following the strategic announcements recently made.

PWOZUK Dec 26, 2011 6:44 am

Sadly the Qantas SANTA has failed to deliver on this on-going saga. :td:

Let's hope a rapid and sensible outcome becomes one of their New Year resolutions. @:-)

Best wishes to all for the holiday season and have a safe and prosperous New Year

beresfordbear007 Dec 27, 2011 10:18 pm

Sad but correct/true

Originally Posted by reubee (Post 17245879)
Tried to access the BA lounge at Terminal 5 using my Qantas Club card but got refused, the door nazi had a laminated card which said Qantas Club didn't get you access.

Checking the Qantas website, my interpretation is I should've been allowed in ...

... what have I misinterpreted. The fact that the BA staff had a laminated card they could stuff in my face suggests I wasn't the first person to try.

Yet another sign of QF cost-cutting and therefore not wishing to pay for its QC to enter BA lounges. This changed with the move of BA from T4 to T5/3. At T4 it was all good if you were QC and wished to enter on a QF coded BP, either for a long-haul QF operated service back to AUS or a QF-coded, BA-operated within Europe. Now, you must be on a BA coded service, which is less likely than likely if you're on a QF issued ticket and a QF code exists for your European side-trips. (At least you'll get the QFF 1,000/1,250 min points guarantee.) Clearly it's a bilateral arrangement between QF and BA given that QC is not a OW status so they could - if they really wanted to - arrange access regarding of QF or BA code. So much for the JSA from a PAX perspective!

Dave Noble Dec 27, 2011 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by beresfordbear007 (Post 17701860)
So much for the JSA from a PAX perspective!

The JSA is irrelvent in this since the JSA flights all depart from T3 and there is, afaik, no issue with T3 lounge access

Disco Volante Dec 28, 2011 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 17702089)
The JSA is irrelvent in this since the JSA flights all depart from T3 and there is, afaik, no issue with T3 lounge access

I hadn't realised that. Are non-status QF card economy passengers being admitted to the BA lounge in T3?

flashware Dec 28, 2011 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Disco Volante (Post 17702457)
I hadn't realised that. Are non-status QF card economy passengers being admitted to the BA lounge in T3?

I gained access as a Qantas Silver (OWR) QP member.

Princess fiona Dec 28, 2011 4:16 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 17702089)

Originally Posted by beresfordbear007 (Post 17701860)
So much for the JSA from a PAX perspective!

Yes you are correct at present but with QF dropping the LHR-HKG service and code-sharing on the BA service from spring 2012 it will have a direct impact on QP members flying via HKG to SYD, MEL as BA departs from LHR T5. They have also marketed codeshares with BA to various European cities with stated access to Lounges for Qantas Club members. A link to this internal marketing document is posted earlier in the thread by BD1959.

Dave Noble Dec 28, 2011 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Princess fiona (Post 17702683)
Yes you are correct at present but with QF dropping the LHR-HKG service and code-sharing on the BA service from spring 2012 it will have a direct impact on QP members flying via HKG to SYD, MEL as BA departs from LHR T5. They have also marketed codeshares with BA to various European cities with stated access to Lounges for Qantas Club members. A link to this internal marketing document is posted earlier in the thread by BD1959.

HKG is not a JSA route

That there is an issue with lounge access is one thing, it is the reference to JSA that I am referring to; the JSA flights don't depart from T3

If things do not changem those with QC membership will just have to consider whether it is worth renewing when renewal time comes

Blackcloud Dec 28, 2011 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 17704761)
HKG is not a JSA route

That there is an issue with lounge access is one thing, it is the reference to JSA that I am referring to; the JSA flights don't depart from T3

If things do not changem those with QC membership will just have to consider whether it is worth renewing when renewal time comes

HKG has been part of the JSA for a while, not part of the original agreement but it is part of the current JSA. A quick google shows it, here is a BA announcement regarding changes to the JSA
Quite frankly although this does not affect me the fact that QF and BA have yet to come to a new agreement regarding QP access indicates to me how little regard QF has towards its flyers regarding the changes to it long haul services.

nonce Dec 28, 2011 1:00 pm

My understanding is that the JSA was extended to include HKG some time ago. What are you basing the HKG not being part of the JSA on? HKG flights however depart and arrive at t5, except for the QF flights carrying the BA code which go from T3.

The Joint Services Agreement (JSA) applies to QF/BA services from Australia to SIN/BKK/HKG and to LON/FRA via SIN/BKK/HKG.
https://www.qantas.com.au/agents/dyn...o/nilQfContent

thadocta Dec 28, 2011 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 17704761)
HKG is not a JSA route

Actually, it is, LHR-(anywhere in AU via HKG) is JSA, LHR-HKG isn't, HKG-(anywhere in AU isn't), but LHR-HKG-MEL is certainly JSA.

Dave

thadocta Dec 28, 2011 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by nonce (Post 17705241)
My understanding is that the JSA was extended to include HKG some time ago. What are you basing the HKG not being part of the JSA on? HKG flights however depart and arrive at t5, except for the QF flights carrying the BA code which go from T3.

https://www.qantas.com.au/agents/dyn...o/nilQfContent

*snap*

Dave

Blackcloud Dec 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by thadocta (Post 17705249)
*snap*

Dave

Ha I beat the both of you:p

thadocta Dec 28, 2011 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Blackcloud (Post 17705376)
Ha I beat the both of you:p

But.... but....but.... you're a few hours ahead of us, we get up later than you do......

Although having said that, I am about to go to bed after night shift.

Dave

Blackcloud Dec 29, 2011 3:33 am

Originally Posted by thadocta (Post 17705472)
But.... but....but.... you're a few hours ahead of us, we get up later than you do......

Although having said that, I am about to go to bed after night shift.

Dave

Well I am actually in SYD with Little Miss Blackcloud seeing her Grandparents for the first time:)