FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Heathrow - Terminal 5 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1267435-heathrow-terminal-5-a.html)

Lonely Flyer Oct 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Excuse me while I wipe a tear from my cheek.

Too many I wanna be my own lawyer here!!!!!

perthite Oct 27, 2011 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by thadocta (Post 17344751)
And that is where I think Qantas might come afoul of consumer protection laws - they have sold a product with a specific expectation of a service to be provided, and that service is not being provided, it is actually being refused.

I guess the first step then would be to ask Qantas to provide a refund if you think you are not getting what you signed up for.

AussiePeter Oct 29, 2011 3:32 pm

I am very tempted to follow the lead of pointyend and ask for a refund - walk away from QF (and BA). I work and travel for a German company, and it would be easy to go LH and do things that way.

However, I'd prefer an amenable resolution to this issue.

There are many Aussies based in London such as I - we keep our QC running as we expect to defect back to Australia one day. We fly back a couple of times a year and eschew the tempting offers from SQ and ANZ.

Since I began writing this reply, it appears that Qantas might not be around for that much longer!

PWOZUK Nov 2, 2011 4:47 am

Does anyone have a postal mailing or email address for writing to the management of the Qantas Club ?

The web pages only offer a phone number, which is not so convenient at present since I am not in Australia.

The email I received inviting my wife to renew was from a

Sid Gokani
Head of Loyalty Operations
but it was of course a mailshot email and not an address back to him.

It seems only fair to make it plain to Qantas that degrading the lounge access arrangements (and especially without warning) is not going to encourage continued loyalty.

Princess fiona Nov 2, 2011 5:30 am

Email addresses are generally [email protected]
The website has a "contact us" tab which eventually filters via questions to an email to customer care.
I have always had responses to emails sent via the website with varying response times from telephone calls almost immediately to emails within a couple of weeks.

PWOZUK Nov 4, 2011 2:09 pm

I have emailed Sid Gokani who I believe (based on the renewal email) to be the Manager of Customer Loyalty.

I suggest others who have been directly affected by this contact Qantas directly as well.

I have asked that if he is not the correct contact, to respond and forward the email to the appropriate person.

My feelings are similar to the recent post from AussiePeter,

However, I'd prefer an amenable resolution to this issue.

There are many Aussies based in London such as I - we keep our QC running as we expect to defect back to Australia one day. We fly back a couple of times a year and eschew the tempting offers from SQ and ANZ.
Let's hope that now the union issues are more under control Qantas take a more reasonable approach to keeping their existing customers ...

Dave Noble Nov 4, 2011 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by PWOZUK (Post 17392772)
I have emailed Sid Gokani who I believe (based on the renewal email) to be the Manager of Customer Loyalty.

I suggest others who have been directly affected by this contact Qantas directly as well.

I have asked that if he is not the correct contact, to respond and forward the email to the appropriate person.

My feelings are similar to the recent post from AussiePeter,

Let's hope that now the union issues are more under control Qantas take a more reasonable approach to keeping their existing customers ...

if it is a renewal time, if the lack of BA lounge access ( if this is definite ) makes the membership not worth the renewal cost, then can just choose not to renew

If this is a change , then I can understand some wanting to get a refund if it no longer meets the need, but for renewals, I don't see any issue. Assess the value and vote with your wallet ( staying closed )

thadocta Nov 13, 2011 11:20 am

Any further updates on this? It's been over a week now, any responses?

Dave

PWOZUK Nov 13, 2011 12:01 pm

I emailed Sid Gokani on the 4th November.

By the 8th I had not received any reply, or acknowledgement of receipt of the email, so I sent another on the 8th to the same email address, requesting at least an acknowledgement of my original correspondence.

Dear Sir

I appreciate that you may not have yet had time to respond to the detail of my concerns re the Qantas Club BA Lounge access, but in the interim, may I at least have an acknowledgement of my email

regards
I then received a prompt reply as follows :

I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your email and to let you know that it has been given to Qantas Customer Care for response. They will be in touch with you again.

Regards
Elizabeth Lane

Manager Loyalty Services
Qantas Frequent Flyer - Qantas Airways Ltd
As of today I have not received any further communications from Qantas.

I am minded to write again to Loyalty Services, requesting that they keep open the renewal window until the question has been answered, and if it indeed transpires that there has been this significant dilution of benefit, offer my wife a refund backdated to the time at which the change of policy was implemented.

I imagine their Customer Care department is somewhat overwhelmed with the ramifications of the recent grounding of the entire fleet ....

Again I would urge anyone who feels that they have been disadvantaged by what appears to be a reduction in benefit, to contact Qantas directly.

Tyrolean Nov 14, 2011 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Princess fiona (Post 17335292)
I sent off an email to QF Customer care and an agent called me 10 minutes later ( something of a record I think).
Basically she said that QF only became aware of the problem when members started contacting them. They are now aware and QF Senior Management is talking with BA. They realise that the nomenclature of Lounges ( galleries/ terraces) is an issue and as soon as they have a resolution they will update the website.

Which they did.
http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...cess/global/en

Qantas Club members with Bronze or Silver status are unable to access oneworld alliance airline lounges with the exception of British Airways (Terrace and Executive Club Lounges only) and American Airlines® lounges (Admirals Lounges only) which can be accessed as part of our partner airline agreement.
So in the first instance BA changed the name of their lounges in some key airports. After a few years QF and BA ban the access and tell you "it has never been there"!
Terrace and Executive Club Lounges are pretty useless, as they are a thing of the past. It would be the fair thing just officially to end the access to BA lounges (which it is in fact), as on 90% of BA flights, there is now no lounge access.

Is that false advertising?

You have access to BA lounges*)

*) But only on Mondays in leap years, with an even flight number, the last digit of your ticket number must be 4, and only in between 24:00 and 5:00. Please note that all lounges open at 5:30. Thank you for your understanding

When I bought the QF-Club for my wife, I bought it, because she had access to BA Business-Class Lounges. I do not care if they call them Premium, Superduper, The Great Lounge or something else. This is the Lounge, that is a Lounge that can be used when traveling Business Class (or Club Europe or whatever).

What a shame!

Dave Noble Nov 14, 2011 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Tyrolean (Post 17445314)

So in the first instance BA changed the name of their lounges in some key airports. After a few years QF and BA ban the access and tell you "it has never been there"!
Terrace and Executive Club Lounges are pretty useless, as they are a thing of the past. It would be the fair thing just officially to end the access to BA lounges (which it is in fact), as on 90% of BA flights, there is now no lounge access.

Is that false advertising?

Even, if as posited, that there is no access to Galleries lounges, there are currently still 17 BA Terraces Lounges listed on the BA site , so to say that it is a thing of the past seems a tad misleading.

Dave Noble Nov 14, 2011 1:53 am

Originally Posted by PWOZUK (Post 17442421)
I am minded to write again to Loyalty Services, requesting that they keep open the renewal window until the question has been answered, and if it indeed transpires that there has been this significant dilution of benefit, offer my wife a refund backdated to the time at which the change of policy was implemented.

Why would they give u a backdated refund for an inability to use a service which you never actually were trying to use other than the 1 time reported?

Tyrolean Nov 14, 2011 2:25 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 17445375)
Even, if as posited, that there is no access to Galleries lounges, there are currently still 17 BA Terraces Lounges listed on the BA site , so to say that it is a thing of the past seems a tad misleading.

Sure, at destinations with low frequency. Given that most BA flights leave from LHR T5 now, the Galleries Lounge in LHR T5 gives nearly 40% of every BA flight. The last Terrace Lounges in Europe: MAN, NCL, AMS, TXL (soon to be closed), DUS (what will happen when AB comes to oneworld), IST, MXP and ROM. That for over 70 destinations that BA is serving. Wow! What a benefit!

Would be similar if QF said:

You have Lounge access to all QF Lounges *)
*) But only in Alice-Springs, Emerald, Rockhampton and Broome

What makes me upset is the slient change and then the pretending "It had never been there".

The lounges in MUC and LHR where I usually travel (sometimes with QF Coded flights) have now been pulled out of the arrangement.

stifle Nov 14, 2011 2:39 am

And in case anyone needed another data point, my boss (WP) and his wife (QPNB) were told that only two of their party of four could enter the Galleries lounge at Heathrow Terminal 5 a couple of weeks ago.

ollieinmelbourne Nov 14, 2011 2:43 am

that's a shame because the BA lounges are IMHO far better than the QF Club. Just think of the limitless, hot bacon rolls with HP sauce for breakfast, choice of hot casseroles and curries, salads and fantastic wines from all over the world, cold gourmet chips, twiglets....

worth getting QF gold to retain access?