FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Heathrow - Terminal 5 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1267435-heathrow-terminal-5-a.html)

flashware Feb 9, 2012 1:12 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF (Post 17980692)
:confused: did they not read the agreement before posting that it had been reinstated? Or did BA change the wording between the original confirmation and subsequent one?

bit odd me thinks :)

Originally Posted by danger (Post 17980709)
One wonders if the 'agreement' was reached over one too many champagnes in an F lounge, penned on a fancy serviette and lost someone between the bar and the gate.

It certainly seems strange that something this important, yet seemingly simple, could be misconstrued by one party.

I still think everyone is reading into it too much and those updates are in fact regarding passage for T5 PAX flying on QF codeshare services due to the fact QF no longer flies via BKK and HKG.

reubee Feb 9, 2012 4:14 am

With immediate effect, QF Club members travelling on the routes listed below are now permitted access to the BA Galleries Club lounges in LHR T3 & T5 .
QF Club members are entitled to bring one guest into the lounge.The card holder and guest must be travelling together.

Eligibility as follows:

QF Club members plus 1 guest travelling together on any BA or QF operated flight LHR to: BKK, HKG, MEL, SIN or SYD
QF Club members plus 1 guest arriving together on any BA or QF operated flight from BKK, HKG, MEL, SIN or SYD and through connecting at LHR to any BA operated flight
Access to the Arrivals lounge is not permitted
The OP would still have been rejected under this arrangement, I had a 48h stopover in LHR before continuing on into France.

Tyrolean Feb 9, 2012 4:19 am

What a shame! This is not a reinstatement! BA is fooling us!

Tyrolean Feb 9, 2012 4:22 am

Originally Posted by Blackcloud (Post 17978755)
I can understand BA not wanting BA only pax getting Galleries access without ever touching a QF code or metal flight.
I await further clarification from QF (Red Roo).

Why, this is why I bought the QF Club (before reaching a status!). In the case I drop to LTS + my remaining QF Club I really wanted to use that feature!

Princess fiona Feb 9, 2012 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by flashware (Post 17980795)

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF (Post 17980692)
:confused: did they not read the agreement before posting that it had been reinstated? Or did BA change the wording between the original confirmation and subsequent one?

bit odd me thinks :)

Originally Posted by danger (Post 17980709)
One wonders if the 'agreement' was reached over one too many champagnes in an F lounge, penned on a fancy serviette and lost someone between the bar and the gate.

It certainly seems strange that something this important, yet seemingly simple, could be misconstrued by one party.

I still think everyone is reading into it too much and those updates are in fact regarding passage for T5 PAX flying on QF codeshare services due to the fact QF no longer flies via BKK and HKG.

I agree with you. The fact that only LHR is mentioned, timing of the announcement with the imminent changes to the Kangaroo flight schedules etc.

Blackcloud Feb 9, 2012 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Tyrolean (Post 17981153)
Why, this is why I bought the QF Club (before reaching a status!). In the case I drop to LTS + my remaining QF Club I really wanted to use that feature!

If BA wanted a paid for lounge access programme rather than access by status, they would have one in place.
The fact that BA does not have paid lounge access nor allows AA Admirals Club members access shows that they do not think this is a revenue/cost benefit policy for them. I have a feeling that QC access may never be reinstated to previous levels but will rely upon a QF intinerary.

BD1959 Feb 9, 2012 4:10 pm

Stinks. :td:

My last flights UK-Oz were LHR-DFW-BNE-MEL due to limited redemption availability into Oz. Luckily they were J but could have just have easily have been Y+ for one leg (as indeed one of the outbound legs were).

Don't BA/QF realize that not all of their UK/Australian revenue derives from the directest of Kanga routes - and that those that try to be most loyal to the brands will often opt for a slightly offbeat routing (eg via FRA previously) in order to earn/burn against said loyalty?

(again!) Stinks

Regards,

BD

perthite Feb 9, 2012 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by moa999 (Post 17980633)
Copying the bad news that RedRoo posted on AFF

That policy as found here - http://www.speedbirdclub.com/nl/all-...membersaccess/

Just gives me a 404.

moa999 Feb 9, 2012 8:36 pm

Page appears to have been deleted... hopefully signalling a revision?

wheresmybagba Feb 10, 2012 1:53 am

Originally Posted by flashware (Post 17980795)

Interesting post from AFF!

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...tml#post557861

Tyrolean Feb 10, 2012 2:02 am

Originally Posted by Blackcloud (Post 17984595)
If BA wanted a paid for lounge access programme rather than access by status, they would have one in place.
The fact that BA does not have paid lounge access nor allows AA Admirals Club members access shows that they do not think this is a revenue/cost benefit policy for them. I have a feeling that QC access may never be reinstated to previous levels but will rely upon a QF intinerary.

But they had it for ages - this was the reason why I joined!

moa999 Feb 10, 2012 4:48 am

Tyrolean,
Once again - it was a Qantas Club membership - much like the location of Qantas Clubs can change (and there have been some recent additions in Australia), so can the offshore lounges and frankly there is more likely to be changes to the associated lounges that Qantas don't control.

Anyhow only 5000 SCs to go for you till it doesn't matter!

Dave Noble Feb 10, 2012 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Blackcloud (Post 17984595)

Indeed. They did use to have one. They had Executive Club lounges and could get access by purchasing an Executive Club membership

Obviously the EC became a FF programme , but the paid membership remained available for renewals until a few years ago

Tyrolean Feb 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by moa999 (Post 17987798)
Tyrolean,
Once again - it was a Qantas Club membership - much like the location of Qantas Clubs can change (and there have been some recent additions in Australia), so can the offshore lounges and frankly there is more likely to be changes to the associated lounges that Qantas don't control.

Anyhow only 5000 SCs to go for you till it doesn't matter!

Yes I know that things can change. But then I expect that they will publish it and give some kind of notice.

BTW it is 4700 SCs for me - still a lot of flying. So 470 flights with AB in cheap eco until they follow Malev and I am done :D!

xintraveller Mar 5, 2012 1:01 pm

Denied again!

Well I tried my Luck again yesterday at T5 after a 4 hour delay by BA on the way to North America..

The "Computer says no" was the answer...

I am a life memeber with Qantas club, and moved to the EU around 10 years ago and I am wondering if we can request our money back over 4500AUD at that time in today's equivalent to settle this matter as this is quite frustrating.

In my opinion it doesn't matter if BA decided to move their operations to another terminal and rename their lounges but to all flights that were once originating to the same destinations operated by BA be it T1, T3 or T4 the Qantas members had access to. Now those same routes we have not benefit what so ever.

and by the way through the lounge is called "galleries" in front of all of them it reads "executive club" (member gold and silver) so the naming conceptuality still remains.

I truly don't understand why Qantas can not simply accept that very soon Qantas Club members wont have access to almost all worldwide BA lounges.

The few times I get to travel nowadays is a nightmare for relaying on Qantas/BA relationship.

Alternatively my fellow travellers, buy a cheap ticket with some other airline and pay for you lounges with either Priority pass or just pay per visit lounge. That's why I would like to have my moneyback so that I can pay per visit in the future without worrying about statuses and tiers... the world is evolving towards a pay per service culture... it seems

cheers
xin